Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending small amounts of bitcoin  (Read 658 times)
muppet101 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:32:21 AM

Hi,

So my friend got hit by the ransomware and had to pay but after there were some unexpected commissions we are short by less than a dollar, is there anyway to send an equivalent bitcoin amount easily and cheaply? Everywhere I've seen needs a minimum of $30-60 and then a load of fees.

Excuse me if I'm being stupid but this is my first experience with bitcoin and I doubt I will use it again so dont want to buy loads of extra bitcoins

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

Why are you even paying to unlock? Have you tried using wannakiwi to try decrypting your files?
https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/more-people-infected-by-recent-wcry-worm-can-unlock-pcs-without-paying-ransom/

With high mempool txes, the only way to get any tx quickly forwarded and confirmed is amounting to at least 300 sats / bytes or at least 3 to 4 usd in fees alone for most txes.
Try wannakiwi and see if you are lucky

https://github.com/gentilkiwi/wanakiwi.

Although if you have done a system reboot or restart, it probably wont work.

muppet101 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:46:21 AM

It cant be unencrypted, its the spora ransomware.
I've done lots of reading and tried everything, they did a really good job on the encrypting

What websites can we use to send for $3-4 dollar fees?

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 09:53:49 AM

I've done lots of reading and tried everything, they did a really good job on the encrypting

I think some vendors on localbitcoins.com don't have a minimum.
Other than that, you can get your hands on some non-reversible currency, or some non reversible voucher codes and sell them on this forum for BTC... Only trade with trusted members and allways use an escrow tough!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:58:37 AM

My advice is not to pay the ransomware author. This will only encourage future attacks.

Anyway, if you are paying, I think the short of a few dollars will no make a big difference. Just let the payee know- as the price of bitcoin fluctuates a lot, you will never be able to pay the exact $300 in bitcoin.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:59:46 AM

Hi,

So my friend got hit by the ransomware and had to pay but after there were some unexpected commissions we are short by less than a dollar, is there anyway to send an equivalent bitcoin amount easily and cheaply? Everywhere I've seen needs a minimum of $30-60 and then a load of fees.

Excuse me if I'm being stupid but this is my first experience with bitcoin and I doubt I will use it again so dont want to buy loads of extra bitcoins

Thanks

First of all don't even bother paying the ransom. There are indeed tools out there that can potentially help you.

If not paying the ransom probably won't help because they don't tell you to send any sort of message from your bitcoin address to verify that it is really you paying the ransom. This means that you can claim to have paid the amount, when you really haven't and claim that you paid the ransom when someone else paid, and others will be able to do the same for you.

Think about it, if they really want to unlock your computer they will at least want to identify you. And the process is manual, it requires an operator apparently. Just wait a few months, there will probably be more help available then.
Farcoin12

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:08:24 AM

Hi,

Thanks
I would just use localbitcoins, make sure you use a trusted vendor that doesn't charge much fees. Also, you should buy more Bitcoin than is required because the price of Bitcoin is still rising and you will just make free money with that extra Bitcoin you have.

▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄▀▄
▄█████████████████████▄▀▄▀▄▀
███████▀             ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
███████▄
▀███████████████████▀▄▀▄
  ▀█████████████████▀▄▀▄▀▄
    ▀▀████████████▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
                    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀            ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
  ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Solar DAO████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
PV Solar Plants Construction
   through CROWDFUNDING
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:01:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks
I would just use localbitcoins, make sure you use a trusted vendor that doesn't charge much fees. Also, you should buy more Bitcoin than is required because the price of Bitcoin is still rising and you will just make free money with that extra Bitcoin you have.

All online vendors charges more fees right now since the price of bitcoins are so huge right now and they actually want to earn or maybe fasten up the transaction confirmation. And its super Ok to buy bitcoins really so that we can contribute to its fuzzy flactuation and earn from its movement.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:11:08 AM

If you are being a victim of wannacry ransomware there are already solutions on these kind of ransomware on the web. But since its another kind of ransomware well you have no choice but to pay them. The best way to send bitcoins especially in paying for the decryption of ransomware you need to at least need a 4 to 5$ extra when you send it
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:02:25 PM

Even if you pay these hackers, there's no assurance that they are going to disable the bug, so just work on other things that is going to solve this. They have made enough money although I am not sure how and when they are going to encash or convert it to fiat as those addresses that they have used have been monitored by a lot of people in the blockchain. Just be more careful next time as this won't be the last time that these hackers are going to attempt at doing things like this.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:07:02 PM

Hi,

Thanks
This really just a normal since the bitcoin holders and bitcoin users is increasing rapidly morea and more transactions is being made in just a days and there are so many bitcoin transaction pending in the blockchain so i guess this is just a normal since today.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:19:00 PM

Hi,

Thanks
This really just a normal since the bitcoin holders and bitcoin users is increasing rapidly morea and more transactions is being made in just a days and there are so many bitcoin transaction pending in the blockchain so i guess this is just a normal since today.

These are the things we need to face due to value increase same with due to numbers of user bitcoin cant accompanied alot transaction yet.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: