Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The thing about Stratis  (Read 663 times)
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:06:25 AM

The thing about Stratis that interests me is that programmers don't have to go out and learn a new language (as with Ethereum). Lots of programmers involved in the business world already code in C#. So they can develop apps in a language they know.
Another thing is that Stratis apps will run on side chains so wont bloat the Stratis blockchain. Whereas I think on Ethereum the apps use the Ethereum blockchain (though i could be wrong).

Am I missing anything?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
[client]

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:26:05 AM

The simplicity of development and the tutorial content and support from their devs are in my opinion the main selling points of stratis. I see it as a blockchain solution for small to medium size companies that don't want to go out and hire engineering teams specifically for blockchain. Imo it has a bright future ahead of it because that's a huge market.

full disclosure though I do have a ton of STRAT
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:38:58 AM

The fact that it is build on .NET c# is a very good point, and having sidechains to avoid bloating the mainchain is also very cool. Other sidechains can also be built upon those sidechains so it goes on and on to avoid bloating.
Stratis will have (hopefully till the end of Q2) its Breeze Wallet, which will bring masternodes with it, (BTC anon, and later also STRAT anon) released which will attract a lot of attention and money to its chains.
They are also working on Stratis Cloud with Microsoft Azure.
VC funding announcement coming anytime on Q2.
Lots of new and old businesses are expected to be built upon its chains, and when ICOs start using their tokens the price will go up.
The team is very hardworking and ambitious despite still being in a small number. They will add more members in time.
They usually overachieve and I believe they have always delivered everything on time, which is very good in this cryptoworld.
Do your due diligence but it has the capacity to grow into top 5+ in the near future.

malami

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:42:28 AM

It sounds very interesting but is there also new development planned for this coin? Can it become successful like Ethereum?

▬▬▬▬ Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit ▬▬▬▬
All You Need Is Loan ▰▰ Revolutionizing the Lending Industry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:00:31 AM

It sounds very interesting but is there also new development planned for this coin? Can it become successful like Ethereum?

i dont see STRAT overtaking ETH because first mover monopoly.. But I see bright things ahead for STRAT  Grin
Deprecate

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:06:27 AM

Can anyone explain the technical side of why companies would need to use Stratis tokens in order to use the Stratis technology?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: