Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs just sent me an update e-mail!  (Read 9544 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:24:25 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting to hear from them.

They said we had to confirm our orders or they would be canceled.

But now when I try to log into their website, it is down Sad.

Everyone else get this e-mail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ModusPwnd

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:24:48 PM

I got it.  Also cant log in.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:27:09 PM

Same here, though the site worked for a couple minutes.

I guess they sent the emails all at once, and the mass rush knocked over the site.

self.pwn();

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:27:36 PM

Account server is overloaded at the moment.  I would wait awhile before trying again... you have plenty of time, it's not like your orders will be canceled today or anything.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:27:46 PM

BFL Products Shipping Now
May 1, 2013

Dear Customer,

Shipping of our BitForce SC ASIC miners has begun!

You may have seen news reports of our ASIC miners in the wild and some of you may have already taken delivery.  It's all true.  We're finally shipping.  You will receive your order as we work through the shipping queue .

If you didn't know, you can check your order status on our website. Log in by clicking here. Use the same email and password you set up your account with.

If you don't have your password, use the Lost Password function to create a new one.

So what took so long?

This third generation of our SHA256 engine was a complex multi-year investment in bringing the latest semiconductor technology to bitcoin mining.

Developing a fully custom 65nm ASIC processor is not a casual undertaking. In fact, the new products have improved mining speed by a factor of 72. This much advancement doesn't come easy and it's fair to say that getting here has been eventful.

The key issue has been the engineering related to accommodating larger power draws than expected. A good example is the Jalapeno product. It was originally designed to be powered by USB but now consumes the power of a small light bulb (30w).

Consequently the power regulator, enclosure, airflow and PCB needed upgrading to suit. Although we are *very* aware of the undesirable dynamics of any delay, we were nonetheless obligated to make these updates in order to deliver a reliable product at the expected performance.  The same adjustments have been made with all products in the lineup.  You can see the adjusted product cases in our currently posted product lineup.  (The Mini Rig case will be double shipped to satisfy their orders which is why we've run out Mini Rig enclosure stock).

Final confirmation is required

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Thank you for your support and we wish you great satisfaction with your product!

Jalapenos Out the Door
Packaged for its adventure to a new home. Bye Jalapeno! Your owner eagerly awaits your arrival.

Easy Miner Beta Release
An easy way to mine with a GUI and real-time Bitcoin statistics, developed for Windows and Android. Linux version coming soon.  Download and participate in the beta by clicking here.

New Single Form Factor
The new form factor for the Single. The new body offers room for performance growth while keeping things ultra cool.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
howdoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:27:48 PM

not email for me sofar...
enygma

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:28:21 PM

I managed to confirm my order. I had to refresh pages sometimes because Cloudflare would kick in. It took a bit, but I did manage to accept and confirm the order is now "Processing".

Obligatory "Donate to" vanity address:

1enygmaek8Y4P7U8QFuZdvVASNbHJgxVm
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:28:34 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting to hear from them.

They said we had to confirm our orders or they would be canceled.

But now when I try to log into their website, it is down Sad.

Everyone else get this e-mail?

This is them not wanting to get sued.

By "confirming" your order, you are have to basically waiving any legal rights you have to sue them for their false promises.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:31:22 PM

Read the email  here

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5015fc3486176144c53751877&id=3af5f83481&e=37bd47dc5f

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:32:47 PM

your orders will be canceled today
What?

Sorry...  Roll Eyes
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:33:48 PM

"WE ARE SHIPPING! BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT BECAUSE WE CAN'T SHIP YET BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE CHIPS!

WE WONT TELL YOU THIS IN THE EMAIL ASKING YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR ORDER!"

LOL  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:36:51 PM

Got my email! Ah, the news I've (and thousands of others) have waited ages for..

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:37:55 PM

Got my email! Ah, the news I've (and thousands of others) have waited ages for..

Grin
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:38:55 PM

BFL Products Shipping Now
May 1, 2013

Dear Customer,

Shipping of our BitForce SC ASIC miners has begun!

You may have seen news reports of our ASIC miners in the wild and some of you may have already taken delivery.  It's all true.  We're finally shipping.  You will receive your order as we work through the shipping queue .

If you didn't know, you can check your order status on our website. Log in by clicking here. Use the same email and password you set up your account with.

If you don't have your password, use the Lost Password function to create a new one.

So what took so long?

This third generation of our SHA256 engine was a complex multi-year investment in bringing the latest semiconductor technology to bitcoin mining.

Developing a fully custom 65nm ASIC processor is not a casual undertaking. In fact, the new products have improved mining speed by a factor of 72. This much advancement doesn't come easy and it's fair to say that getting here has been eventful.

The key issue has been the engineering related to accommodating larger power draws than expected. A good example is the Jalapeno product. It was originally designed to be powered by USB but now consumes the power of a small light bulb (30w).

Consequently the power regulator, enclosure, airflow and PCB needed upgrading to suit. Although we are *very* aware of the undesirable dynamics of any delay, we were nonetheless obligated to make these updates in order to deliver a reliable product at the expected performance.  The same adjustments have been made with all products in the lineup.  You can see the adjusted product cases in our currently posted product lineup.  (The Mini Rig case will be double shipped to satisfy their orders which is why we've run out Mini Rig enclosure stock).

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Thank you for your support and we wish you great satisfaction with your product!

Jalapenos Out the Door
Packaged for its adventure to a new home. Bye Jalapeno! Your owner eagerly awaits your arrival.

Easy Miner Beta Release
An easy way to mine with a GUI and real-time Bitcoin statistics, developed for Windows and Android. Linux version coming soon.  Download and participate in the beta by clicking here.

New Single Form Factor
The new form factor for the Single. The new body offers room for performance growth while keeping things ultra cool.

And back to waiting lol...  Cheesy

At what point do you give up as a customer on waiting?

I am so glad I never gave BFL a dime.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

enygma

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:39:58 PM

There... now make me some dividends... Smiley

Obligatory "Donate to" vanity address:

1enygmaek8Y4P7U8QFuZdvVASNbHJgxVm
Keninishna

Activity: 556

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:40:16 PM

wait so, I put in a order for a single a lonnng time ago like when they first annouced but never paid for it and I got this email so if I confirm and send my btc now will I get bumped to front of the line!?
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:41:17 PM

wait so, I put in a order for a single a lonnng time ago like when they first annouced but never paid for it and I got this email so if I confirm and send my btc now will I get bumped to front of the line!?

No, they said that the order you are in the line is when you actually paid for it, not when you ordered. At least that is what they told me when I ordered last year.
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:41:36 PM

got the email, my order is 57xx series. trying to get in to confirm...

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:46:01 PM

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Uh oh,

Watch out folks!

This is part of the legal process of shipping something that is not perfectly conforming to what you originally purchased.

The above is asking you NOT IF you want to confirm your order....BUT IF you want your order as it has been "redesigned". If you say no, you don't get your order but a refund instead. If you say yes, then you get whatever they have redesigned. So the first logical step is to ask what the changes will be!

The other part of what this email is trying to obscure is the fact that if you AGREE, you lose your ability to refund. You the customer have been queried if you accept the changes, and as such, you lose your refund ability due to changes or any conformance differences.

So think before you tap "OK". Ask questions now! Then click.

--------------------

Very slick BFL. Very Slick.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:47:22 PM

I managed to confirm my order. I had to refresh pages sometimes because Cloudflare would kick in. It took a bit, but I did manage to accept and confirm the order is now "Processing".
Hmmm, my order has said "processing" for quite a while.  I can't get in, but I wonder if it'll be asking me for confirmation or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: