Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:02:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL is shipping  (Read 25004 times)
Stampbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:52:21 PM

BFL is proof that you can step on your customers and they will thank you graciously.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:03:36 PM

SHould i order one if it ships in july thats not bad.

I would ask myself what guarantee BFL offer if they fail to ship in July. I think you'll find they don't offer anything; I've never heard of such a thing from them. Then I'd ask myself if I did order today, when are they likely to ship? If you do some research on that, you'll find that other people have done the same exercise and come up with some surprising predictions, that to my knowledge BFL have made no attempt to disprove.

At this stage a day or two of research will help you make an informed decision. If you don't really care and you just wanna get rich quick just order something in a hurry and let the fun begin.

Good luck.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:41:33 PM

Wait what? I thought it was just the jalapenos that had been confirmed to be shipping out, not the little single 30gH/s miners? A lot of conflicting information here! Could someone clarify this, please? Smiley

As far as anyone knows outside of BFL, they have only shipped a handful of jalapeños. Like so few they could fit on a folding card table. And those have gone to developers or journalists. In order to achieve a hashrate of 5ghs they have to put 2 chips in instead of 1, as the chips did not meet specifications. This means that if they want to ship jalas, they have to halve their chip yield on the chips they have on hand, or wait for the next batch of chips and hope they hit the specs. All this will take time.

No ordinary paying customer claims to have a filled order, as far as I know. Nothing in the language BFL have used claims they are shipping little singles yet, so I would assume they haven't.

Representatives of BFL do frequent this site and can quickly contradict me if I'm wrong.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:51:32 PM

Does anyone know the date that the Jalapeno's were first being ordered? I see some on Ebay with order dates and wonder which are the earlier ones as once you get yours later on and the faster units come out, you will be at a loss imo.

Also, anyone know if these will run on a Mac?

Thx,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:03:54 PM

Man, i love to see the title of this topic, "BFL is shipping"

It sounds like Jesus Christ is coming to visit you

But no, I really do not expect my units to arrive anytime soon - I would be really surprised if they arrive this year. I'm the only one with this feeling?

I think I just assume that ordering from BFL is a gamble that I lost big time, I accept it and I move on.

stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:36:21 PM

But no, I really do not expect my units to arrive anytime soon - I would be really surprised if they arrive this year. I'm the only one with this feeling?

I think I just assume that ordering from BFL is a gamble that I lost big time, I accept it and I move on.

A desirable characteristic of a BFL customer is faith. When they tell you "in a week or two" it's best to take it on faith.

Delivery depends on when you ordered. Best-case scenario is they start shipping mid-May. They are estimated to have about 20,000 paid non-cancelled orders. If we suppose a mean of 2 pieces per real order, that's 40,000 pieces total. They have publicly claimed their production line can produce 400 pieces per day, 5 days a week, so 2000 pieces per week. Let's take that on "faith" and assume it will take them 20 weeks to clear the backlog. So an order placed today would ship in October at the earliest. But that's the best-case scenario.

What if the revision of the chips and singles boards that they're testing at the moment isn't good enough with respect to power consumption, error rate and stability? They have to fault-find, change the design, and get new revisions done. Then test again. Every iteration of that cycle probably takes 3-4 weeks. It probably also exhausts their engineers as much has to get done in a short space of time. Doing repeat iterations of that process is stressful.

So if you ordered in June last year, you have an outside chance of getting a real unit this month. If you ordered in April, you are an outside chance for October. Add a month for every revision of chips and boards they have to go through.

Form your own opinion of what it says about the ethics of BFL when they claim in their FAQ that orders placed today will ship in July. To me that sounds miraculous.

Again, I know some BFL people read these boards so they are free to provide evidence to contradict anything I've said. Until then, caveat emptor.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
computerparts

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:48:54 PM

BFL is proof that you can shit on your customers and they will still kiss your butt and call it ice cream graciously.
brucemangy

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:03:35 AM

It annoys me every time I check the topics on Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Mining
because it is absolutely not true.

can anyone change this title ? or let this topic be burried :> (this is my last post in here)
shantee

Activity: 381
Merit: 274

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:15:07 PM

No the title needs to be changed , that's not true BFL is not shipping.. They "might"  be shipping the ASIC that some special people (like some "famous" bloggers)  ordered months ago but that's all. If you order now  , don't expect to get you thing before next September, so no , i don't call it shipping and that's why i did not order.
By the time you receive your asic the difficulty might already be so high it would be totally  useless

10 Great Bitcoin & Litecoin related domain name on sale ! | MY ltc adress : LdCEBkFWAoXNcXXgvJ2zGRk35ircZouUx8
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:39:41 PM

BFL josh update says they have only shipped 35 jalapenos out as of 5/6/2013.  175ghash/s.     And half of that 175ghash/s went to customers, other went to bloggers / promoters.

So the game has changed a little bit:   Avalon Batch #2 should start shipping this month, ASICMINER prices for boards will drop a little bit and they ship ASAP, BFL should start shipping now, however they will ship slowly until end of May/June/July.  Avalon Batch #4 45GH/s should start taking pre-orders this month or next.  I want to note Avalon is late on trade-in orders, Batch #2 shipping and Batch #3 shipping (may 5th).  lets hope they are not as late as BFL LOL

flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:36:05 PM

No the title needs to be changed , that's not true BFL is not shipping.. They "might"  be shipping the ASIC that some special people (like some "famous" bloggers)  ordered months ago but that's all. If you order now  , don't expect to get you thing before next September, so no , i don't call it shipping and that's why i did not order.
By the time you receive your asic the difficulty might already be so high it would be totally  useless

Technically, they are shipping.  Whether you are pleased with the subset of customers to whom their shipping is a different issue entirely.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:23:46 PM

Technically, they are shipping.  Whether you are pleased with the subset of customers to whom their shipping is a different issue entirely.

Stockholm syndrome is very common among BFL customers. Hope you are enjoying your unit, mate. Happy hashing!

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:28:55 PM

Stockholm syndrome is very common among BFL customers. Hope you are enjoying your unit, mate. Happy hashing!

They haven't started shipping singles yet.

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

Can we stop the devolution into pedantry?

Yes, they are technically shipping.

No, they're still not shipping in any meaningful volume, and that's annoying.

Next point?

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:40:40 PM

LOL just LOL  Grin
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:28:42 PM

Delivery depends on when you ordered. Best-case scenario is they start shipping mid-May. They are estimated to have about 20,000 paid non-cancelled orders. If we suppose a mean of 2 pieces per real order, that's 40,000 pieces total. They have publicly claimed their production line can produce 400 pieces per day, 5 days a week, so 2000 pieces per week. Let's take that on "faith" and assume it will take them 20 weeks to clear the backlog. So an order placed today would ship in October at the earliest. But that's the best-case scenario.

People thinking about ordering now need to read this part several times over. They arent even close to manufacturing 400 a week yet, that was purely speculation on their part, not likely an accurate estimate.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:04:29 AM

People thinking about ordering now need to read this part several times over. They arent even close to manufacturing 400 a week yet, that was purely speculation on their part, not likely an accurate estimate.

How are you so optimist? I don't expect my early orders to show up before 2014. And this is based on past history.

hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:33:52 PM

My money is on the new Terahash in California...bet they'll ship before pre-order two...maybe before pre-order one fully gets out from BFL.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
buddrulez

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:46:51 PM

Good old BFL I'm so glad I didn't fall for this one!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:30:44 AM

My money is on the new Terahash in California...bet they'll ship before pre-order two...maybe before pre-order one fully gets out from BFL.

Website?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: