Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Desktop Bitcoin Lending Bot for Poloniex  (Read 15227 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:09:00 PM

And they give you both coins back in the event of a hard fork...

And with Poloniex? What happens?  Huh

I know it's a noob question but... brobbel has mentioned he would stop lending by the end of the month to prepare for such a case. I hadn't thought it was THAT serious..!

Polo isn't going to give you the split or other side. They will just give you what is in your account, on the bitcoin fork that they end up using.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barcodeguy (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 11:02:20 PM

Sure, feel free.

very good guys
permision to copy your topic and i want to posting in my blog

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:19:48 AM

And with Poloniex? What happens?  Huh

I know it's a noob question but... brobbel has mentioned he would stop lending by the end of the month to prepare for such a case. I hadn't thought it was THAT serious..!

I'm not the only one:

Hi Silvie_S,

I'm currently using 2 days per .4 deviations. Typically I lend for a max of 45 days, but with Segwit2X and BIP148 coming I want to make sure I'm not lending any coins when they activate, so right now I'm using 5 day max and will be turning off in the second week in July to start moving my coins to a safe "bunker" until the crisis is past.

And take a look at:
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/

So I'm not only stopping lending bitcoin, I'm moving them to a wallet on my own side, a wallet from which I know/own the private keys.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5911

Meh.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:23:34 AM

Interesting product and interesting payment model. I like it!

I've not really been in to lending on Polo all that much but I guess it could work rather than just hodling in your wallet collecting dust (not the good kind). Will try it out and share my thoughts here about what happens.

guclu

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 05:08:17 AM

And with Poloniex? What happens?  Huh

I'm not the only one:

Hi Silvie_S,

I'm currently using 2 days per .4 deviations. Typically I lend for a max of 45 days, but with Segwit2X and BIP148 coming I want to make sure I'm not lending any coins when they activate, so right now I'm using 5 day max and will be turning off in the second week in July to start moving my coins to a safe "bunker" until the crisis is past.

And take a look at:
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/

So I'm not only stopping lending bitcoin, I'm moving them to a wallet on my own side, a wallet from which I know/own the private keys.

And is this the main reason as mentioned there:
"If you have Bitcoin on loan at the time of the fork, you do not have it on balance and therefore you cannot receive corresponding Bitcoin Unlimited."

Because in case the new coin might get more advantageous, you might loose the chance of owning it from the very beginning?
But in the end there is no risk of losing any coins, but only the value to them, right? To my understanding... but if where you stay will be kind of random after the fork has happened, isn't it just luck how your coins will split? What if they totally transform to  the new coin and it has half the value of core?
 oh this is just getting more complicated to a newbie like me (although I've read that other long post published recently in the forum), I think I'll just copy your actions Cheesy

brobbel

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:53:11 AM

"If you have Bitcoin on loan at the time of the fork, you do not have it on balance and therefore you cannot receive corresponding Bitcoin Unlimited."

Because in case the new coin might get more advantageous, you might loose the chance of owning it from the very beginning?
But in the end there is no risk of losing any coins, but only the value to them, right? To my understanding... but if where you stay will be kind of random after the fork has happened, isn't it just luck how your coins will split? What if they totally transform to  the new coin and it has half the value of core?
 oh this is just getting more complicated to a newbie like me (although I've read that other long post published recently in the forum), I think I'll just copy your actions Cheesy

When you have bitcoin on loan, you only receive one coin.

Let's say bitcoin will split in BitcoinOld and BitcoinNew. Poloniex only gives you one of them.

When you have it on your own wallet, you will have coins in both chains, so when you have 1 bitcoin now, you will have 1 BitcoinOld and 1 BitcoinNew.

The value of those coins are uncertain. Especially shortly after the fork price will drop. Then after a while there are in fact three options:
1) the BitcoinOld chain survives, because the new coin has not enough power.
2) the BitcoinNew chain suvives, because almost everybody will follow this
3) both chains survive.

In fact, there were forks in the past, but never with substantial consequences. Just a minor part dropping off of bitcoin, fastly correcting themselves to be on bitcoin again. If 1) or 2) will be the case, I guess there is not much harm done.
But if both chains are big enough to survive, then there will be a uncertain situation, with price dropping. In fact, we have one example of this: the hardfork in ETH. The new ETH chain needed quite some time to reach a price level as before the fork (and is now much higher), but the ETC chain needed more time. If you hold both coins at that time, you have a nice portfolio now, but only after a year of uncertainty.

EDIT:
I called them BitcoinOld and BitcoinNew, because there are several forks possible the next months. I will hold them after things are more certain, because you have BIP148,BIP141,Segwit2X,BU,Bitmain-coin etc. all with different dates so even after 1 August I will wait some time.
brobbel

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:07:32 AM

You can also look at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2017191.0
guclu

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 01:19:40 PM

But in the end there is no risk of losing any coins, but only the value to them, right? To my understanding... but if where you stay will be kind of random after the fork has happened, isn't it just luck how your coins will split? What if they totally transform to  the new coin and it has half the value of core?

When you have bitcoin on loan, you only receive one coin.

Let's say bitcoin will split in BitcoinOld and BitcoinNew. Poloniex only gives you one of them.

When you have it on your own wallet, you will have coins in both chains, so when you have 1 bitcoin now, you will have 1 BitcoinOld and 1 BitcoinNew.

The value of those coins are uncertain. Especially shortly after the fork price will drop. Then after a while there are in fact three options:
1) the BitcoinOld chain survives, because the new coin has not enough power.
2) the BitcoinNew chain suvives, because almost everybody will follow this
3) both chains survive.

In fact, there were forks in the past, but never with substantial consequences. Just a minor part dropping off of bitcoin, fastly correcting themselves to be on bitcoin again. If 1) or 2) will be the case, I guess there is not much harm done.
But if both chains are big enough to survive, then there will be a uncertain situation, with price dropping. In fact, we have one example of this: the hardfork in ETH. The new ETH chain needed quite some time to reach a price level as before the fork (and is now much higher), but the ETC chain needed more time. If you hold both coins at that time, you have a nice portfolio now, but only after a year of uncertainty.

EDIT:
I called them BitcoinOld and BitcoinNew, because there are several forks possible the next months. I will hold them after things are more certain, because you have BIP148,BIP141,Segwit2X,BU,Bitmain-coin etc. all with different dates so even after 1 August I will wait some time.

You continue expanding my vision and knowledge day by day!

So it is plain stupidity to keep the coins in some web portal and not have both coins when it gets possible. I thought it was just luck where your coins would fall after the split. In that case I will DEFINITELY move them to my own wallet.

Although with big exchanges like Polo supporting the old btc, and btc being the strongest coin obviously, I somehow believe the first choice you give will come true... but you never know. Better to expand the portfolio Smiley

Do we know the dates of these further forks as well? Not being able to lend the coins for an unknown length of time will eventually lead to a lot of loss from the profit possibility I guess.

brobbel

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:58:35 PM

You continue expanding my vision and knowledge day by day!

So it is plain stupidity to keep the coins in some web portal and not have both coins when it gets possible. I thought it was just luck where your coins would fall after the split. In that case I will DEFINITELY move them to my own wallet.

Although with big exchanges like Polo supporting the old btc, and btc being the strongest coin obviously, I somehow believe the first choice you give will come true... but you never know. Better to expand the portfolio Smiley

Do we know the dates of these further forks as well? Not being able to lend the coins for an unknown length of time will eventually lead to a lot of loss from the profit possibility I guess.

Some dates:
https://bit-media.org/news/bitcoin-news-5-july-2017-bitcoin-scaling-looms-countdown-dates-to-watch/

And you can always choose to split options:
the bigger part on wallet, a smaller part on Poloniex lending.

guclu

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 06:06:36 AM

You mean in the meantime or always? Is there any risk of losing what I have in lending? Except from Poloniex going down somehow...

brobbel

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:30:58 AM

You mean in the meantime or always? Is there any risk of losing what I have in lending? Except from Poloniex going down somehow...

I mean in the meantime, because the risk is high around 1 August.

But ofcourse, money on an exchange is always at risk because of:
- poloniex being hacked
- poloniex taking away your money
- poloniex going bankrupt
etc.
and with lending:
- altcoin rate dropping so fast that forced liquidation don't fill the loans completely  (never happened AFAIK, but it is a risk)

You are the only person who can decide how big the risk is in your opinion. I don't think this is a big risk, but it certainly is a risk.

AFAIK there is only one exchange who has an insurance for being hacked: Coinbase. But there you can exchange only bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum and fiat, and lending isn't an option.

ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:02:46 AM

these lending rates are super-GAY

fix them already barcodeguy!

yield hungry market
ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:04:36 AM

can someone explain how the bids(demands) can be higher than the offers on poloniex?
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 04:26:20 AM

If only I had a spare 40 Billion USD or so to drop in the market Smiley

these lending rates are super-GAY

fix them already barcodeguy!

yield hungry market

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 04:29:46 AM

I've often wondered that myself. One thing I've noticed is that the amount they are looking to borrow is always less than the minimum loan amount of 0.01. I can't say for sure but just based on observation it seems like they let traders attempt to borrow less than the minimum and the system cannot fill them.

Again - just a guess based on observation.

can someone explain how the bids(demands) can be higher than the offers on poloniex?

brobbel

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:03:51 AM

I've often wondered that myself. One thing I've noticed is that the amount they are looking to borrow is always less than the minimum loan amount of 0.01. I can't say for sure but just based on observation it seems like they let traders attempt to borrow less than the minimum and the system cannot fill them.

Again - just a guess based on observation.

Yes; and I guess when the amounts are bigger then 0.01 that it isn't one single amount, but several smaller ones. That's my guess.
emre81tr

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:16:23 PM

i set everything in ur app, how much i have to pay for 0,012 for 60 days
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 01:40:14 PM

At that level and the current rates you wouldn't need to pay anything for at least 60 days.
i set everything in ur app, how much i have to pay for 0,012 for 60 days

emre81tr

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:00:31 PM

is everything is automatic on that app ?
do i have to make any settings?
i just tick monitor account than it started automatic and making offers
on app loggs givin me that ;
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM CREDITS ARE NEGATIVE!
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM You have: -0.0000000005 available.
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM Your grace period will end soon.
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM To continue using the application, please refill your credits.

Shocked Huh
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 02:37:00 PM

The app is pretty much automatic. If you want to set things manually you can in the manual tab. If you want to adjust how the app works automatically you can do it in the Deviation Calculations tab.

Your credits can run down to -0.001 before lending stops. At your 0.012 stake at the current rate (roughly) of .05% per day you will earn 0.000006 per day. Over 60 days that'll give you 0.00036. Poloniex will take 15% of that, which leaves you with 0.000306. Credits would be five percent of that, which would be 0.0000153 credit usage.

Of course if rates go up like we all hope they do that will change considerably. But at these low rates there isn't much money to be made.

I do start warning when the credits drop to zero so that users know they are running negative. If you were lending 12 BTC rather than 0.012 bitcoin, you'd need to refill pretty quickly once you saw that warning.

is everything is automatic on that app ?
do i have to make any settings?
i just tick monitor account than it started automatic and making offers
on app loggs givin me that ;
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM CREDITS ARE NEGATIVE!
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM You have: -0.0000000005 available.
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM Your grace period will end soon.
7/21/2017 4:58:53 PM To continue using the application, please refill your credits.

Shocked Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: