Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just received official email from BFL, my Jale's are on the way...  (Read 2465 times)
Crypt_Current (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:32:51 PM

FINALLY.  Only been waiting since 9/2012.

Speculate.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypt_Current (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:34:37 PM

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5015fc3486176144c53751877&id=3af5f83481&e=07b9e37e2a

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:36:25 PM

They just ask you to confirm you accept whatever they ship you whenever they ship.

Crypt_Current (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:41:08 PM

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:48:07 PM

Does this mean Smoothie gets to change his sig?  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:53:02 PM

Does this mean Smoothie gets to change his sig?  Cheesy

What you mean? My sig is still legit  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:01:38 PM

FINALLY.  Only been waiting since 9/2012.

No, your Jalapeno is not on it's way.

BFL just sent you a nice letter with lots of yadda yadda. The interesting part is this here:

"Please be advised that [1]due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to [2]review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded. "

They did this because of legal reasons - to be on the save side:
[1] They screwed up power and performance, so they want to get your OK.
[2] They screwed up shipment dates - and know that it will take a long, long time before your units will be shipped - and difficulty will have sky rocketed and you only make a fraction of the Bitcoins that you would have made had BFL shipped on time. They want to get your OK for that too.

Basically it's like a blank check for BFL: "OK we screwed up big time but you have to sign here XXX and confirm that this is still OK with you".

Not that some of you guys come up with the idea of suing them ...  Wink

Wake up, people!
They're doing this not because they are such a customer-friendly company - they are doing this for a reason.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:04:42 PM

BFL just sent you a nice letter with lots of yadda yadda. The interesting part is this here:

"Please be advised that [1]due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to [2]review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded. "

[2] They screwed up shipment dates - and know that it will take a long, long time before your units will be shipped - and difficulty will have sky rocketed and you only make a fraction of the Bitcoins that you would have made had BFL shipped on time. They want to get your OK for that too.

Basically it's like a blank check for BFL: "OK we screwed up big time but you have to sign here XXX and confirm that this is still OK with you".

Wake up, people!
They're doing this not because they are such a customer-friendly company - they are doing this for a reason.
Bingo,

It appears Frizz is astute (and logical) enough to figure that out instantly.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:07:14 PM

Wake up, people!

+1 well said. Hopefully someone is saved from any more grief

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:12:04 PM

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections' in /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'zend_admin', '3ErK5wqJ6bTUgxk', Array) #1 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(109): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /var/web/bflweb/application/Bootstrap.php(203): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() #4 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(667): Bootstrap->_initCharsetDB() #5 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(620): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource('charsetdb') #6 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(584): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(NULL) in /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 144

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Crypt_Current (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:12:42 PM

lol trollz

shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:28:40 PM

PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'zend_admin', '3ErK5wqJ6bTUgxk', Array)

Fer chrissakes, the incompetency... Huh

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:29:47 PM

Fer chrissakes, the incompetency... Huh

I'm just hoping that password is only for that account, and only allowed to log in locally.

EDIT: They just said in the shoutbox it has been changed already.
shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:35:06 PM

EDIT: They just said in the shoutbox it has been changed already.

Aaaand the next error will throw the next password out until they change the debug output too...

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:47:00 PM

These database driven sites just don't seem to be able to handle a moderate number of hits without some elaborate server setup.
centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:51:26 PM

These database driven sites just don't seem to be able to handle a moderate number of hits without some elaborate server setup.

They do okay if you have dedicated hardware to handle the DB load. (IE a web server & a DB server as two separate physical machines)

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:02:05 AM

PHP isn't very good for scaling, every request is a totally separate action and it doesn't look like they're using caching. What PHP is good for is small stuff because it's quick and easy to understand.

BTW, disabling diagnostic errors on public-facing sites is COMPSCI101 stuff. If this happened on a webapp I'd worked on I would be fired on the spot.
DPoS

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:02:56 AM

they are learning..

There has been an error processing your request Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 604414173345

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:09:10 AM

good that they had people around while they sent out that email to clean things up

this shows now on the other error:

"Unable to connect to database"

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 12:10:06 AM

PHP isn't very good for scaling, every request is a totally separate action and it doesn't look like they're using caching. What PHP is good for is small stuff because it's quick and easy to understand.

BTW, disabling diagnostic errors on public-facing sites is COMPSCI101 stuff. If this happened on a webapp I'd worked on I would be fired on the spot.

I agree... someone is going to get ... schooled ... tomorrow.  I'm very displeased at the moment.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:18:48 AM

I agree... someone is going to get ... schooled ... tomorrow.

You're talking about BFL_Josh now? Your alter ego / split personality?

I'm very displeased at the moment.

... with yourself? Grin

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:26:53 AM

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections' in /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129 Stack trace: #0 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'zend_admin', '3ErK5wqJ6bTUgxk', Array) #1 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(109): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect() #2 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #3 /var/web/bflweb/application/Bootstrap.php(203): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() #4 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(667): Bootstrap->_initCharsetDB() #5 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(620): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource('charsetdb') #6 /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(584): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(NULL) in /var/web/bflweb/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 144

Woosh, there went their customers passwords.
I hope they salted their hashes.  Sad
I hope they hashed them. Sad

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:48:43 AM

I agree... someone is going to get ... schooled ... tomorrow.  I'm very displeased at the moment.

It's good he's only displeased.  You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:22:50 AM

Tell that to Facebook.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:30:37 AM

Tell that to Facebook.

You can build a house out of straw or bricks ....both are houses but some are easier and better at doing certain things

Bricks are harder in the short term but better & sturdier in the long run ...straw ..fast but a bit all over the place and not that sturdy ...if a thread unravels it seems to pull on another thread of straw

Its all about effort and what the end target result is needed

So Facebook...sure u can use straw but they will have basicall written there own php framework to achieve their result .....how much efforty did it take to get this result ....A FRICKEN SHITLOAD!!!! ...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Enigma81

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:43:27 AM

Tell that to Facebook.

Facebook uses PHP - but it's heavily modified, and it's not used for modules that it isn't suited to.

Quote from: Yishan Sparklepants Wong
The reason Facebook hasn't migrated away from PHP is because it has incumbent inertia (it's what's there) and Facebook's engineers have managed to work around many of its flaws through a combination of patches at all levels of the stack and excellent internal discipline via code convention and style - the worst attributes of the language are avoided and coding style is rigidly enforced through a fairly tight culture of code review (failing to adhere to the style and "going cowboy" by writing sloppy code results in pitiless mockery by one's peers). Engineering management has never had to take a strong hand here; this arose largely due to key internal technical leaders just sort of corralling everyone else along.

There is also a lot of industry precedent indicating that re-writing an entire codebase in another language is usually one of the worst things you can do, so at all levels there is a reluctance to do that. The preferred strategy is to write new components in a de-coupled manner using a better language of choice (C++, python, Erlang, Java, etc); this is easily facilitated by Facebook's early development of thrift, an efficient multi-language RPC framework. This also helps avoid the worst effects of PHP: it can be totally avoided in subcomponents where the language is grossly-unsuitable. The broad effect is that the overall codebase slowly evolves away from depending as heavily on PHP, with the components that are still in PHP being written in tightly-controlled, disciplined ways by veteran members of the staff.

Enigma
Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:13:42 AM

Woosh, there went their customers passwords.
I hope they salted their hashes.  Sad
I hope they hashed them. Sad

Changed password, made it more random and longer, thanks for noticing everyone.
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:05:25 PM

Changed password, made it more random and longer, thanks for noticing everyone.

They changed it to the minirig shipping date. Nobody will ever figure it out.

...sorry, had to do it  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: