Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:36:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BMAA Members: Time to Vote  (Read 1425 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 06:48:53 AM

Those who are members of the Bitcoin Mutual Aid Association, please vote on proposal

http://fivegrinder.com/group/Bitcoin%20Mutual%20Aid%20Association/Bounty%20for%20Association%20Site

The budget for the mutual aid association is only 10 BTC, which is surely insufficient. However, I don't want to drain the treasury of the organization, so we're raising two members' worth of dues every cycle.

The last proposal we voted on didn't get enough vote, so I was left donating my own money to the CCC.(Still working that)

On one thought, the democratic structure of five-grinder could leave our treasury drained due to people voting themsleves money. So once our organization's site is up, we'll work on a new governance structure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtgox

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

I just added the ability to donate to the group so you can increase the treasury.

> On one thought, the democratic structure of five-grinder could leave our treasury drained due to people voting themsleves money.

But other people also have to vote for them to get the money. And they won't without a good reason.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 09:54:40 PM

I just added the ability to donate to the group so you can increase the treasury.

> On one thought, the democratic structure of five-grinder could leave our treasury drained due to people voting themsleves money.

But other people also have to vote for them to get the money. And they won't without a good reason.

Majority vote, majority take.

Also, what with the 24 years?

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 26, 2010, 10:30:43 PM

I don't understand the voting. There's a slider from 1 to 100. Does that represent a number of bitcoins, or the percentage of agreement with the vote?

So I slide the button from 1 to 10, just in case it represents bitcoins. Now the slider is labelled 10 to 55, and the little bug icon has moved to the middle of the line and the button has moved a little way from the left.

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.
mtgox

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2010, 11:22:53 PM

kiba: that is fixed.

ribuck: heh. Yes I need to make this more clear. The slider is your vote. It uses range voting so you give each proposal a rating from 1-100.
You only spend your group fee no mater what proposals pass or how many you vote for. So you can vote on as many proposals as you want.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 06:50:46 PM

Hello BMAA members, please vote on proposal! We need more votes for it to pass.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: