Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Blockchain steal my BTC?  (Read 371 times)
zakareal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:22:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I urgently need your help, advise, assistance, support or whatever you can offer as my case is very alarming! I have a Blockchain wallet since 2014 with a balance 14.81 bitcoins. I had a problem with my phone so I had to change it. Unfortunately for me, the two factor authenticator was on and I was unable to log in through my new phone. Therefore, the only solution was to request the cancellation of the two factor authenticator, which I did. 7 days later, I receive an email from Blockchain stating that the two factor authenticator has been canceled, so I tried to log in but my password wouldn't work (even though I was pretty sure it was the right one). My only left option was then to recover my funds using the 12 words phrase that I had. After doing so, my new wallet showed a balance of 0 BTC to my big surprise! I immediately contacted Blockchain support. After a couple of exchanged emails, they still didn't give any rational explanation on how that issue could have occurred, and no solution seems to emerge from their end. Could anyone explain to me what just happened and advice on how I should proceed with such a situation? I am very disparate and don't know what to do...

Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

PS: I'm willing to gladly reward the one(s) who would help me recover my funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:12:47 AM

Blockchain.info offers access to private keys of your bitcoin addresses. Have you ever did back up of your bitcoin addresses' private keys ? (if you have done that, you never need to worry about 2FA nor passwords)

At least you have note down the bitcoin address in which you were holding your 14+ bitcoins ? If you have it, please write down your bitcoin address here, so that we can check when your balances were spent out.

I am sure blockchain.info will not do any kind of activities which will be hurting its customers. They are maintaining their reputations for years.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

Hello everyone,
I urgently need your help, advise, assistance, support or whatever you can offer as my case is very alarming! I have a Blockchain wallet since 2014 with a balance 14.81 bitcoins. I had a problem with my phone so I had to change it.
->It's not blockchain,it's blockchain.info
->Your blockchain.info was installed in your phone or you were using the web version ?

Unfortunately for me, the two factor authenticator was on and I was unable to log in through my new phone. Therefore, the only solution was to request the cancellation of the two factor authenticator, which I did. 7 days later, I receive an email from Blockchain stating that the two factor authenticator has been canceled, so I tried to log in but my password wouldn't work (even though I was pretty sure it was the right one). My only left option was then to recover my funds using the 12 words phrase that I had. After doing so, my new wallet showed a balance of 0 BTC to my big surprise! I immediately contacted Blockchain support. After a couple of exchanged emails, they still didn't give any rational explanation on how that issue could have occurred, and no solution seems to emerge from their end. Could anyone explain to me what just happened and advice on how I should proceed with such a situation? I am very disparate and don't know what to do...
PS: I'm willing to gladly reward the one(s) who would help me recover my funds.
->So you still have access to the wallet ? If yes,mind linking the address where funds were stored ? If the coins are lost,they could have been sent to another address right ? I can't help you much if you provide inadequate information.Please post all the relevant wallet information.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:50:38 PM

Is it possible that you imported the Private Key earlier? The passphrase only protects generated addresses, not ones that have been imported.
zakareal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:08:52 AM

I have been able to recover all my funds using the mnemonic phrase. Thank you very much for your support guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: