Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:26:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What could be the assumption if scientist cant explain some issues  (Read 1230 times)
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:44:09 AM

Science tries to explain many things. They succeed explaining few accurately. Engineers make the things work. Then scientists try to explain why.

It's the engineers, not the scientists.

Cool

On some point i find it funny yet sensible.The problem is that if engineers keep doong the things people asks so much as well and they actually dont explain it lol so we look for a scientist?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:54:17 AM

I was just wondering they say that science are perfect. How come that they cant give a pure answers to some issues to like why do people dream? They say that it is on the psychological effect but it is not certain

Why is that there are left handed persons? Any thoughts about this?
You have a mistaken idea of what science is, a true scientist that cannot explain something will say “I don’t know” because he does not, but will try to find ways to explain it since that is the best way to make science progress but what it happens is there are some stuff that is incredibly difficult to explain, just look at the human brain until recently probably 20 to 30 years our knowledge was very limited but now  it has improved but we are nowhere near to explain it completely.
darklus123 (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:59:02 PM

I was just wondering they say that science are perfect. How come that they cant give a pure answers to some issues to like why do people dream? They say that it is on the psychological effect but it is not certain

You have a mistaken idea of what science is, a true scientist that cannot explain something will say “I don’t know” because he does not, but will try to find ways to explain it since that is the best way to make science progress but what it happens is there are some stuff that is incredibly difficult to explain, just look at the human brain until recently probably 20 to 30 years our knowledge was very limited but now  it has improved but we are nowhere near to explain it completely.

So the fact that science cant explain most of the things in this world is it to be assumed that there is really someone who could? Especially the underwater part of the earth we are all for sure find it so much interesting to know what was there
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:46:13 AM

You are treating science as a god.

Science, the word 'science', is a human creation.

What do you think it is based on, why would a person, or people, make the subject 'science', and do you think they made it perfect?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:17:21 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 12:16:28 PM by Spoetnik

Science is assumptions most of the time.. deductive reasoning.
Trying to tease out a conclusion with a degree of certainty.

Two prime examples..

The claim we have a super-massive black hole at the center of our Galaxy.
This was proven with time lapse images basically.
We got shots over a long period of time that showed us objects moving in ways that could really only be explained by the gravitational forces of a large black hole.

But.. the reality is we never did go there and see it and get 100% proof it exists.
It's difficult to even see it in most ways because it's obscured by all the dust & gas clouds in the galaxy too.
And yet we proclaim it exists as "fact".
There could be another reason for the behavior we witnessed.

My second example is how we found another large planet.. planet X was supposedly found.
The scientific community mostly scoffed at the assertion.
But i noticed in the comments online on the news stories i was the only one to point out how we effectively used the same method of detection on the super massive black holes.
So i said to them all if we used it to "prove" they exist then why is this same method of testing *NOT* proof for planet x then ?
I never got a rebuttal from the legions of mouthy scientist / experts.
They were all far too interested in the classification of Pluto.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
If that same testing method PROVES the black hole exists then yeah.. we have another planet.

Both though are simply a guess.
Neither have been seen with our own eyes and proven as factual.
We simply deduce they are there.

Another example at the root of almost all space science is the standard candle theory.
yet another "guess"
The other 2 methods of measuring distance are almost always impractical to be used.
Such as parallax.. covering one eye then the other then measuring the distance between them etc.
Or star wobble measurements.. which is more convincing but still just an elementary deduction.
..guessing in other words.

Science is all about guessing things with a reasonably high degree of certainty.
It has little to do with facts.

FUD first & ask questions later™
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:26:17 AM

Science is all about guessing things with a reasonably high degree of certainty.

Whether true or not, that sidesteps the common definition of science as opposed to art.

Science is supposed to be based on reason that is indisputale. 1+1 = 2 is science.

If you turn one of the 1s sideways to make a T and you say 1+1 = T then that is art.

The problem is that when people are at the edges of art and science they confuse the two. Jung wrote in detail about that. Search the word "function" at http://www.psychceu.com/jung/sharplexicon.html and eventually you will find his understanding of that.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:40:49 AM

I will not really call Science as being perfect, there are lots of things that science can't explain for now, that's why they are doing lots of research to increase their knowledge.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:33:40 AM

A lot of things that are proven facts today weren't really like that in the past. Of course studies are to be made to prove something and it has to be backed with evidences for it to be accepted as fact. There may be a lot of things now that science still can't explain but is in the process of research and studies and in the future, there may already be hard evidences to explain things that currently are just speculations and theories

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Joshua101101

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:36:28 AM

I will not really call Science as being perfect, there are lots of things that science can't explain for now, that's why they are doing lots of research to increase their knowledge.

Yes, science conducts research to expand knowledge and find answers to many questions. But some researches of scientists amaze with their stupidity.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
tikboyhere

Activity: 108

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:54:42 AM

There are lots of things in this world that cant be explain. We cannot blame the scientist either because that only means that God truly exist. At the same time we really dont need scientific explanation in everything. Sometimes listening and believing is already enough for us to hold something. I do respect our scientist especially their research but the world is too big for them to explore. Examples are the events.of bermuda triangle, the unreachable bottom.of sinkholes, ghost and other paranormal.activities are just a example of those thing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CataloniaFM

Activity: 145

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:42:02 AM

Just scientists are too slow to work and can not yet give accurate answers to all the questions of interest.

darklus123 (OP)

Merit: 588

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:51:46 AM

What do you think it is based on, why would a person, or people, make the subject 'science', and do you think they made it perfect?

Lol seriously? Have you read or have you even understand what i was trying to say? Ofcourse i am aware of that science are made by humans that is the reason why i was actually asking because some people think that it is actually perfect which is obviously not
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:29:55 PM

Whether true or not, that sidesteps the common definition of science as opposed to art.

Science is supposed to be based on reason that is indisputale. 1+1 = 2 is science.

If you turn one of the 1s sideways to make a T and you say 1+1 = T then that is art.

The problem is that when people are at the edges of art and science they confuse the two. Jung wrote in detail about that. Search the word "function" at http://www.psychceu.com/jung/sharplexicon.html and eventually you will find his understanding of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_al-Haytham#Scientific_method

A man from Iraq literally wrote the book on science.
He laid out the formula and it is the method used in all cultures in all of history until today.

Science is in fact what i just said.
It is the act of examination.. not about the conclusions.
A key problem we struggle with as seen in my earlier examples is we just don't have enough information to draw a conclusive theory out of things.

We don't possess the ability to travel to the center of the galaxy and throw a rock into the black hole to make sure it's actually there.. so.. we guess.

People always assume i am a black & white person but i have led my life entirely in the grey area.
Every aspect of my life revolves around degrees of certainty.

For example i may break up with my girl-friend because i have proof she cheated.
But in actuality i may have been duped into thinking that for another reason such as she WANTED me to think that and simply wanted me to dump her.
Unless i seen the guys dick stuffed inside her i have to assume things.
Then it goes right back to a degree of certainty as usual..

But yeah AL Hazen seen the formula and then taught it to his students.
And it just so happens to be the exact formula used by every scientist since.
Deductive reasoning.

Real facts are elusive and rare.
It is what it is.

Space travel for example is nothing but guess work and we find that it works then assume it's true.
Then later we find out our theories were wrong and we got lucky.
Which is a key point to Hazen's work.. re-examination.
All facts should be re-examined.. because they *may be wrong.
Anyone who does not second guess them self and their so called facts are idiots he said.

The duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and ... attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:50:19 PM

Because they are just like us.  The difference is they want to know and know about everything, maybe they are too curious about things which bothered their minds.  All that they have said were theories.  They do not or cannot find any answer to questions because those things cannot be answered by humans.  And some need not to be answered. 
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:06:01 PM

Lol seriously? Have you read or have you even understand what i was trying to say? Ofcourse i am aware of that science are made by humans that is the reason why i was actually asking because some people think that it is actually perfect which is obviously not

The vast majority of people do not ask the question you asked because they know the limits of human use of science. Rather than asking about fallible humans, you asked about fallible science. In other words you are elevating science to where it does not belong.
mvidetto

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:41:24 PM

In order to reply to these issues science needs more time. Image what was happening before, each fact that had no explanation was determined as a mystery.

gabmen

Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:38:14 AM

In order to reply to these issues science needs more time. Image what was happening before, each fact that had no explanation was determined as a mystery.

Yeah that's right. Everything should have an explanation it's just that our minds are not yet ready to wrap around some of them yet. It takes time. Previously flying was unthinkable. Now its a daily activity. Like how we see time travel today, probably there will be some breakthroughs to prove these things

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:45:46 AM

Science needs even more time to conduct different studies and receive new information on topics of interest. We are still very slowly moving in this direction and therefore we can not get many answers to many questions.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: