Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ARBITRAGE: Bitstamp -> CEX.IO - Proof of Concept  (Read 5116 times)
Alice Nuttal (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:30:33 PM

Hi everyone!  Wink

I am newbie on bitcointalk.org and hope that I created thread in right place.

I have an idea how to make arbitrage between exchanges and make money without any risk.

But I am trying to undertand where I am wrong.

The idea is simple - buy bitcoin on Bitstamp @$2374.99 and sell on CEX.IO @$2540.00.
Profit is $165.01 per 1 BTC.

Could you dab me where I am wrong?  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:12:29 PM

it is always fee and withdraw time.

so compare all fees and then try it with small amount.

But I can tell you the "problem" (see official cex thread):
Wire and also SEPA transfers taking up to 20 days!

So yes you can make profit. But you have to wait 20 days to get your funds.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

Thanks for reply.

I am calculating fees now as well.

To wire deposit to Bitstamp is 0.05% and about $30 as bank fee.
It is about 2 days.

Let's assume we have 20K deposit.
Fee is $40 on this stage.

To withdraw on card from CEX.IO you can up to 10K per day with Verified Plus account
https://cex.io/limits-commissions#/direction/withdrawal ($3.80 per transaction)

For fast turnaround you need to have one bank to withdraw money to card (from CEX.IO) and to send wire (to Bitstamp)
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:22:58 PM

sounds like it could work, but I have no experience how easy the card withdrawal is.

I would suggest you try it Smiley

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:35:33 AM

Arbitrage is good if it can cover the exchangers fees and fiat withdrawal fee. Before you go into arbitrage, you need to calculate these: Fees you will pay during your local currency in purchasing bitcoin from the first exchanger, fees you will pay in sending your coins from the first exchanger to second exchanger and fees you will pay when your are withdrawing your capital and profit or loss to your local currency. If this fees are deducted and you are still in profit the it is worthwhile but if it cannot cover the fees then you should have a rethinks.
recklessMe

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:23:52 PM

Well, I wouldn’t be so sure about its profitability.  Undecided
Easy money never seemed to be a good idea. From my own experience there are always hidden dangers.
Of course, it sounds nice.
But is there anyone, who has practiced arbitrage? Does it really bring money?  Roll Eyes
mrBTCman

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:13:26 AM

Regards!
I tried bitcoin arbitrage several times. If you are looking for passive income, this is the right opportunity to consider.
The most tedious thing here is to monitor bitcoin prices and pick best-matching exchanges. But you seem to have done a good job already. I would personally decide in favor of cex and bitstamp now.
I totally agree with the previous answers and recommend you to make careful calculations, but at a rough guess it may work.
Probably, I should try it myself.
panzerdeni

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:29:33 AM

As most of above said it is risky. But it is manageable. I tried it many times and made some profit. Most important at least for me is the time it takes and the fees. And check what is the volume. You can make profit if you look around.
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:27:41 AM

I have taking a careful look into the arbitrage between the 2 website and concluded theoretically that it will work profitably but it shall require a minimum of 5 btc in order to really tap into the profits.

In practical terms of this business between these websites, the buy order volume at https://cex.io/btc-usd is low compare to the sell order, this will have a negative effect on the arbitrage business because most people only use https://cex.io/btc-usd as a dumping ground for Bitcoin instant profits and this could make the business to get saturated quickly.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:57:43 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 07:20:44 AM by Herbert2020

if you are new to arbitrage know this:
 if it was possible someone with more experience would have been doing it already! so the difference wouldn't have existed in first place.

now lets look at the orderbooks.
if you sell ~1BTC the price will drop $10
and if you sell ~2BTC the price will drop $25

and with your 20K deposit assumption you get 8.4BTC
and selling that means price will drop $50

apart from withdrawal fee you will be paying trading fees too.
$20,000 * 0.25% = $50 * 2 = $100
i don't know how much the fiat deposit in bitstamp and withdrawal from cex.io will cost

you need at least $20,100 + as much those two fees cost.
now figure out how much the price should be for you to sell!
(20,100+ double fees) / 8.4

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:02:33 AM

if it was possible someone with more experience would have been doing it already! so the difference wouldn't have existed in first place.

$20,000 * 2.5% = $500 * 2 = $1000
i don't know how much the fiat deposit in bitstamp and withdrawal from cex.io will cost

you need at least $21,000 + as much those two fees cost.
(21,000+ double fees) / 8.4

I actually respect your opinion and analysis but i totally disagree with you sir.

Visiting these 2 websites you will discovered that the deposit and withdrawal fees shall not have any serious effect on your profits because the margin difference is really wide.

1, The potential threat to this arbitrage is the volume of the buy order.
2, Some countries cannot make a withdrawal and such countries were all listed.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:07:22 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 09:36:50 AM by stomachgrowls

you need at least $21,000 + as much those two fees cost.
(21,000+ double fees) / 8.4

I actually respect your opinion and analysis but i totally disagree with you sir.

Visiting these 2 websites you will discovered that the deposit and withdrawal fees shall not have any serious effect on your profits because the margin difference is really wide.

1, The potential threat to this arbitrage is the volume of the buy order.
2, Some countries cannot make a withdrawal and such countries were all listed.

Those 2 things are commonly be encountered or shall we called the risk when we do arbitrage trading. yes,risk would somehow near to zero as long you do know how to calculate all the fees and duration of transfers. This is only the thing that do really affect our profits and if we saw we are on gain then better to continue this thing for generating some income  Grin

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
dossantosleite

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:56:20 AM

You should register on cex.io and you will see that selling btc price is much lower. For example, right now btc price in usd on cex.io is $2585, but if you want to sell btc inside this exchanger, the rate is $2392 for 1 btc...

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:43:39 PM

You should register on cex.io and you will see that selling btc price is much lower. For example, right now btc price in usd on cex.io is $2585, but if you want to sell btc inside this exchanger, the rate is $2392 for 1 btc...

you made me go an log in to my CEX.io account after a year or so Smiley
here is a screenshot of the market at https://cex.io/trade
you can see that when you sell you sell to 2600ish price, so i guess you were looking in a wrong place that you saw $2392

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:06:40 PM

strange assumption. Do you really think such amount will influence the market?
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:13:34 PM

according to fee schedule it's 0.25%, and not 2.5% https://www.bitstamp.net/fee_schedule/
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:47:17 PM

Yes, that must be one of the practical problem of arbitrage trading. Price gaps may fade away in quick time or will fall into narrow range which may not cover the trading and withdraw fees. Probably we may utilize such gap for one time and these gaps may not available for subsequent tries.

you can see that when you sell you sell to 2600ish price
Now prices are into $2500 ranges. It means cex prices started to converge toward other market prices. (maybe someone started arbitrage after seeing this topic  Wink)
dossantosleite

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:43:52 PM

you made me go an log in to my CEX.io account after a year or so Smiley
you can see that when you sell you sell to 2600ish price, so i guess you were looking in a wrong place that you saw $2392

my mistake, i clicked on sell/buy section not on actual trade section... Wink
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:55:36 PM

sounds like it could work, but I have no experience how easy the card withdrawal is.

I would suggest you try it Smiley
Before trying, I like to suggest to make sure about viable fiat withdraw methods from cex. More importantly, need to verify what the requirements to be eligible for fiat withdrawals. Moving fiats might be a very big concern here. If anyone come with feasible solutions for fiats movements then he can enjoy sure shot profits from these type of arbitrage trading.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
norad73

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:16:16 PM

Instead of trying to arbitrage with FIAT, why not arbitrage with coin pairs?  There seem to be large enough differences between exchanges that it could be profitable. Also, less fees and faster transfers because it is all in crypto mean that one can probably cycle the arbitrage over and over again.

https://snag.gy/PjQM70.jpg
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:00:43 PM

Instead of trying to arbitrage with FIAT, why not arbitrage with coin pairs?  There seem to be large enough differences between exchanges that it could be profitable. Also, less fees and faster transfers because it is all in crypto mean that one can probably cycle the arbitrage over and over again.
bter does not allow btc withdrawals.

and all the prices you see there are "last prices". This means nothings.
btcmarkets for example has a spread from 0.09 to 0.096. So you wont get 0.0933 as you see in screenshot.
There is no arbitrage profit in crypto to crypto markets, cause it is that easy to do and many many bots are doing this already.

Razzoel

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:48:20 AM

Instead of trying to arbitrage with FIAT, why not arbitrage with coin pairs?  There seem to be large enough differences between exchanges that it could be profitable. Also, less fees and faster transfers because it is all in crypto mean that one can probably cycle the arbitrage over and over again.
bter does not allow btc withdrawals.

and all the prices you see there are "last prices". This means nothings.
btcmarkets for example has a spread from 0.09 to 0.096. So you wont get 0.0933 as you see in screenshot.
There is no arbitrage profit in crypto to crypto markets, cause it is that easy to do and many many bots are doing this already.

I wouldnt say that there is no arbitrage in different crypto markets. There are small price differences time to time. You just have to keep your eyes open. Its not an easy way to make profit, but easy money doesn't exist anyways unless you get lucky.
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

Yes, that must be one of the practical problem of arbitrage trading. Price gaps may fade away in quick time or will fall into narrow range which may not cover the trading and withdraw fees. Probably we may utilize such gap for one time and these gaps may not available for subsequent tries.

But we may still keep money on Bitstamp, whereas bitcoins - on CEX.IO, so that to buy and sell bitcoins simultaneously.
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:37:45 PM

Now prices are into $2500 ranges. It means cex prices started to converge toward other market prices. (maybe someone started arbitrage after seeing this topic  Wink)

Well, the price on Bitstamp is $2433.98 now and $2560 on CEX.IO. The difference is still within $120. And yes, probably someone began to level the prices  Roll Eyes
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:40:51 PM

Well, the price on Bitstamp is $2433.98 now and $2560 on CEX.IO. The difference is still within $120. And yes, probably someone began to level the prices  Roll Eyes
its interesting to see if there's really someone out there who's trying to play with this arbs game as we knew that within a split of the seconds price will move and the transaction period will be the concern, but if done correctly and timing went to your direction its really an easy money to deal.
dossantosleite

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:57:06 PM

EU countries have advantages because depositing fiat it's free and withdrawing using sepa cost only about $10.
Herbert2020
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:24:46 AM

sorry i completely forgot about this topic Roll Eyes

strange assumption. Do you really think such amount will influence the market?

it was not an assumption. i opened up cex.io and checked out the orderbook of that time. and by that time if you sold those amounts price would have fallen that much.
in deeper prices the orderbook volume became more though.

according to fee schedule it's 0.25%, and not 2.5% https://www.bitstamp.net/fee_schedule/

yeah, sorry i fixed it!

p.s. did you try it and see if you can make profit in reality or is it still at concept/theory stage?

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:29:21 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 07:47:01 AM by Alice Nuttal

p.s. did you try it and see if you can make profit in reality or is it still at concept/theory stage?

I haven’t tried it yet. Actually, I started this topic to get some advice. I am studying the pros and cons now, so I greatly appreciate that you share your opinion here.  Smiley

P.S. I am still going through verification process on Bitstamp. It was much faster on Cex.io.
Besides, the difference in rates is around $50 now. Apparently, someone has already followed my advice  Grin
holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:02:40 AM

For me, it is pretty much like short-term investing. You put your money in some asset, keep it and then sell after a short period of time. Does it work like this? Or is it better to sell bitcoins right away?  Huh
gokayc

Activity: 406
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:31:31 PM

Hi everyone!  Wink

I have an idea how to make arbitrage between exchanges and make money without any risk.

The idea is simple - buy bitcoin on Bitstamp @$2374.99 and sell on CEX.IO @$2540.00.

If you have big enough amount money then it is worth to wait even 20 days. Otherwise doesn't worth to wait. I know some people doing this all the time but most of them doing this as a company so they can play with big amount money.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:54:05 PM

Besides, the difference in rates is around $50 now. Apparently, someone has already followed my advice  Grin

prices usually are balanced after a while and it doesn't have to be because of arbitrage really. it can simply be one market reacting to the change later than the others. sometimes (not necessarily this case) the difference is because of timezone differences. some exchanges have more European traders and some US and some Asian, ...

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3443

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:52:27 PM

I'd given this some thought as well a month earlier when prices weren't so high yet the spreads were more or less the same, so the fee percentages didn't matter as much as they do now. I did see some theoretical +ve gains but it would require volume and a full-time dedication... unfortunately not something that is at my disposal right now. Good luck if you do try!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:00:41 PM

If you have big enough amount money then it is worth to wait even 20 days. Otherwise doesn't worth to wait. I know some people doing this all the time but most of them doing this as a company so they can play with big amount money.

I am certainly not prepared to venture large sums of money until I have a good look through the whole process. For a start, it is reasonable to start small and see what it will bring.
I’ve also heard that doing arbitrage on a large scale is quite troublesome in terms of regulation. Not all banks are familiar with the nature of bitcoin transactions that's why they avoid taking risks.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:18:52 PM

prices usually are balanced after a while and it doesn't have to be because of arbitrage really. it can simply be one market reacting to the change later than the others. sometimes (not necessarily this case) the difference is because of timezone differences. some exchanges have more European traders and some US and some Asian, ...
But I read some local exchanges are trading in different price levels due to isolated conditions for payment options like they are unable to access other exchanges and hence they are leading or lacking in prices, but over time I did see all the exchange prices are converge to rest of world.

Honestly I am not hearing anybody making use of these price differences still I do see many people keep on spotting such opportunities. Hopefully some people would have got benefits from them but ignoring sharing here ?
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:09:22 AM

But I read some local exchanges are trading in different price levels due to isolated conditions for payment options like they are unable to access other exchanges and hence they are leading or lacking in prices, but over time I did see all the exchange prices are converge to rest of world.

Honestly I am not hearing anybody making use of these price differences still I do see many people keep on spotting such opportunities. Hopefully some people would have got benefits from them but ignoring sharing here ?

Actually the root idea of my post here was to get practical advice and probably see some cases from people, who have tried it. But, again, it’s a kind of business that needs a good strategy. It is obvious that people do not seem eager to reveal details of their successful deals.  Undecided
recklessMe

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:59:47 AM

Seems like bitcoin price is at the stage of correction. The rates are little different among the exchanges.
Don’t you think it’s the right time to buy and wait until the price goes up?
ucho1990

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:07:18 AM

If you wanna play on arbitrage try this is free http://trade.btcprojects.website/
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:07:02 PM

If you wanna play on arbitrage try this is free http://trade.btcprojects.website/

Seems like this website is not secure. Moreover it provides little information for unregistered users, so how does it work?
ucho1990

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:28:50 PM

Yes site now doesn'd have ssl but this doesn't need it you don't provide any data only register login and password, email isn't needed jet. If you are scared about lose you pass and login make that login info what you don't use anywhere. Site to propertly work don't need any api key or something. This is arbitrage script what compare pairs from listed exchanges
mrBTCman

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:21:10 AM

Seems like bitcoin price is at the stage of correction. The rates are little different among the exchanges.

Bitcoin price has surpassed $3000. And looks like it is going to follow the trend. I'm guessing the difference in prices among exchanges will continue to grow as well.
buwaytress
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:29:03 AM

Seems like Bitcoin is refusing to "correct". Gargantuan momentum keeps driving it up - I've noticed volumes on some local exchangers are doubling and some buyers are offering even 5% above polo's ask. I can see a bare 1% profit if I were to buy from these exchanges and sell locally. But without a bankroll the effort's not quite worth it yet.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:15:58 PM

Seems like Bitcoin is refusing to "correct". Gargantuan momentum keeps driving it up - I've noticed volumes on some local exchangers are doubling and some buyers are offering even 5% above polo's ask. I can see a bare 1% profit if I were to buy from these exchanges and sell locally. But without a bankroll the effort's not quite worth it yet.

It feels like the difference in prices offered by Bitstamp and Cex.io is gradually increasing again. Do you really think trading on local exchanges will make higher profit? Are you keeping any particular exchanges in view?  Roll Eyes
mrBTCman

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:35:02 AM

For me, it is pretty much like short-term investing. You put your money in some asset, keep it and then sell after a short period of time. Does it work like this? Or is it better to sell bitcoins right away?  Huh

Actually the principal idea of arbitrage involves making transactions immediately or close to immediately.
recklessMe

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:56:59 AM

Bitcoin price has surpassed $3000. And looks like it is going to follow the trend. I'm guessing the difference in prices among exchanges will continue to grow as well.

Probably you are right. But since it reached that mark there has been no significant upswing. Bitcoin price is kept within $2700-2800 range instead.
sk8LoremIpsom

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:55:09 PM

One thing to consider in doing arbitrage is the block confirmation time. Nowadays, it average about ~40 https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time?timespan=1days minutes to find each block. Given that time span, bitcoin's price has already flactuated like crazy. Another thing good to note, is the minimum confirmation before a certain btc be allowed to withdraw unto the secondary btc exchanger.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:01:39 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 03:13:59 PM by Supercrypt

One thing to consider in doing arbitrage is the block confirmation time. Nowadays, it average about ~40 https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time?timespan=1days minutes to find each block. Given that time span, bitcoin's price has already flactuated like crazy. Another thing good to note, is the minimum confirmation before a certain btc be allowed to withdraw unto the secondary btc exchanger.
The chances for going into massively profitable arbitrage trading is being killed by these types of practical problems. Many traders here has reported about getting struck with some exchanges regulations against KYC and now a days bitcoin confirmation delay must be a very big hurdle to go for profitable arbitrage trading.

I tried few times within my local exchanges even it involves bank transfers, due to some prior experiences I was able to crack some profits. I targeted big gaps, but when I got ready prices got little near in both the exchanges.
buwaytress
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:40:02 PM

It feels like the difference in prices offered by Bitstamp and Cex.io is gradually increasing again. Do you really think trading on local exchanges will make higher profit? Are you keeping any particular exchanges in view?  Roll Eyes

Yes, local exchanges tend to be quicker when it comes to liquidating your crypto, depending on the country you're in. The problems with the exchanges we're talking about here, as noted by other responses, is simply practical problems such as network confirmation delay and delays in processing withdrawals.

But a local exchanger generally lets you access local banking for instant or near-instant resolutions, so you're less affected by price fluctuations.

Still, as I mentioned, you do need large volumes to be able to float profit.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
mrBTCman

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:49:49 AM

Probably you are right. But since it reached that mark there has been no significant upswing. Bitcoin price is kept within $2700-2800 range instead.

However the price gap between bitstamp and cex is within $200 or so.  Wink
JJ17

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:56:19 PM

Hey guys,

has anybody of you ever used the withdraw to VISA function on CEX.io successfully?

Because the biggest hurdle to arbitrage trading on cex.io as I see it is the setting up the fiat side of the circle, since the normal transfer options like SEPA can take weeks according to multiple post on this forum.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:01:09 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 09:57:32 AM by Victorycoin

Hi everyone!  Wink

Could you dab me where I am wrong?  Roll Eyes

Actually it could come easier and more profitable with the availability of some significant fund. You circumvent the fees and time lag by having significant amounts of fiat and crypto at both or all the exchanges you intend working with, then as you buy say 1BTC at the cheaper exchange, you also sell 1BTC at the other exchange with higher price. After several transactions you can now cash out without any pressure. 
Alice Nuttal (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:31:28 AM

Hey guys,

has anybody of you ever used the withdraw to VISA function on CEX.io successfully?

Because the biggest hurdle to arbitrage trading on cex.io as I see it is the setting up the fiat side of the circle, since the normal transfer options like SEPA can take weeks according to multiple post on this forum.

I used cex.io withdrawal function many times. Of course, sometimes there may be a bit of a delay,  but in most cases the withdrawal is completed instantly. It is another reason I chose it for arbitrage.
Wholesaleff

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:20:10 PM

Arbs only happen, of course, in times of high volatility. Otherwise - the markets are very well optimised given the number of bots operating.

The "arb" from exchange to OTC remains open though! And some currency pairs into OTC

Good Luck
Herbert2020
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:11:12 AM

Arbs only happen, of course, in times of high volatility. Otherwise - the markets are very well optimised given the number of bots operating.

The "arb" from exchange to OTC remains open though! And some currency pairs into OTC

Good Luck

what do you mean by OTC? something like peer to peer exchange, off exchanges and selling to people, like what they do on localbitcoins?
if that is true, then i don't think you can call it "arb"itrage trading anymore. it is just buy low and sell high to people who don't want to go to exchanges to buy cheap! it is more like a business, and you have to gain "customers" by building up some reputation.

yugoslav

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:39:05 PM

CEX now has lower price than Bitstamp or BIttrex, does anyone knows what might be the cause??
alessandromanzoni

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:54:13 PM

Can I make a question very silly but that I need to be answered. You say you buy lower at Bitstamp and then you sell an higher price at Cex.io.
Ok I undertand this, but when does Cex.io knows that my position is not a short position and that I have already bought it elsewhere?
Does the system do it automatically?
Or do I need to prove it to them about my long position elsewhere?
I am a novice, so please just be easy and try to explain this to me.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will give the right answer.

Alessandro
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:07:44 PM

Can I make a question very silly but that I need to be answered. You say you buy lower at Bitstamp and then you sell an higher price at Cex.io.
Ok I undertand this, but when does Cex.io knows that my position is not a short position and that I have already bought it elsewhere?
Does the system do it automatically?
Or do I need to prove it to them about my long position elsewhere?
I am a novice, so please just be easy and try to explain this to me.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will give the right answer.

Alessandro
first understand trading in general before considering anything else.
Bitcoin trading is not forex or any of this rubbish.
You buy real btc , send real btc and sell real btc elsewehere. So no need of short/long positons.

hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:06:33 PM

Well, Arbitrage is really and cool and easiest way to make money if you are a trader but provided you have two exchanges with the bigger margin of buying and selling prices there on their trading screen. You need to make sure that you don't see any kind of commissions or big transaction charges because arbitrage is possible only when you cut the excess of transactions fees and if you time the trade correctly otherwise you will be breakeven on most of the occasions. I have tried it many times on stock exchanges while trading stocks.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Ashimwe

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:30:59 PM

arbitrage is very profitable but my worst fear is the change that happens when moving one exchange to another
Symbolic

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:57:08 AM

What the heck happened to Cex? It's at only 1.5% premium now vs other exchanges. It used to be 8-10%.

With their shitty withdrawals this is a worthless exchange now.

Did this happen because of them partnering with other exchanges etc or because the big drop in market the overall interest is low in Cex? (Which doesn't make logical sense as Cex was always a premium market)
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:53:58 AM

Hi everyone!  Wink

This should help Smiley
http://www.arbitrage.expert
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:27:44 PM

The big problem of making arbitrage between exchanges is that there are already bots doing that work very fast and very efficiently for most pairs. You'd just have to hunt for the pairs which bots didn't put themselves on work yet.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
exchange.blue

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:12:27 PM

The big problem of making arbitrage between exchanges is that there are already bots doing that work very fast and very efficiently for most pairs. You'd just have to hunt for the pairs which bots didn't put themselves on work yet.

Thats not true at all, where do you get your info? In most instances...   the arbitrage between popular pairs  stays long enough to perform multiple manual action.
ozgurgungor3

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:17:40 AM

I don't suggest you use cex.io for arbitrage because i am waiting for almost 2 months for them to wire me my money(since 22.12.2017) and hear from a lot of people the same problem.

CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:37:34 PM

I don't suggest you use cex.io for arbitrage because i am waiting for almost 2 months for them to wire me my money(since 22.12.2017) and hear from a lot of people the same problem.

The delays in processing wire payments are caused by the inability of our payment providers to process all queries in a timely manner. Still, you can be sure that your funds will reach their destination.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:17:53 PM

I'm keeping my eyes on this upcoming ICO they are releasing the first arbitrage exchange focused on bringing in the masses with their easy to use UI and by leveling trading volatility. Arbitrage is a great way to make a profit especially once you're able to trade across the world with major exchanges by utilizing this platform.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480
yugoslav

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:04:45 PM

CEX heavily decreased withdrawal limits, like 10.000$ a month... also started blocking cards, if you want to withdraw, error pops up "Payment Amount Exceeded". I Can't withdraw for more than month now...
SantaClaus

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:53:21 AM

CEX heavily decreased withdrawal limits, like 10.000$ a month... also started blocking cards, if you want to withdraw, error pops up "Payment Amount Exceeded". I Can't withdraw for more than month now...
Specify whether you used one bank card or several? I considered cex as a good option for withdrawal to fiat money.
masudginanjar

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:11:53 AM

the quick way to get profit is the arbitration you call it.

but before you do that look at the cost of withdrawal, the network is good and the difference is its difference how many numbers?

if any of the 3 things are not included in the criteria, I suggest do not do arbitration, because I have waited up to 6 hours even more when the arbitration of coins and then the coin is down its price.
exchange.blue

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:05:07 AM

the quick way to get profit is the arbitration you call it.

but before you do that look at the cost of withdrawal, the network is good and the difference is its difference how many numbers?

if any of the 3 things are not included in the criteria, I suggest do not do arbitration, because I have waited up to 6 hours even more when the arbitration of coins and then the coin is down its price.

Are you one of the lucky ones..Sometimes you get stuck in traffic , sometimes you don't! Is there a way to avoid it? sure, walk instead of driving...
dadanpradana

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:34:32 AM

depending on the Bitcoin network, if the network is not good then just save Bitcoin for a while.

if there is a wallet from that destination, if the deposit is not available, then don't force it. as well as fees for withdrawals.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: