Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 investment  (Read 1296 times)
fabrizeo (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:35:59 PM

Hello All,

I'm looking at the Antminer S9 to set up a small mining rig in my house;

I'm looking at 150 S9.

I read different values online about the profit it could bring me in minoring electricity cost.

For those who owns this what can i really expect in term of real TH/s ?

thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:53:29 PM

Yes you can expect that with few factors being implemented around your rig house. As you mentioned electricity is most basic stuff that can affect your mining. The cost must covered somehow by adding up few natural resources to your rig.

Now moving towards scientific scenario, I have read stuff regarding machines and temperature. Almost any kind of machine in the world is directly dependent to temperature. So, we are speaking about a miner here, which can get heated upto 80 degrees depending upon your environmental conditions. The heating will gradually slow down working capacity of your miners due to lowered transmission into your bus lines. Lowered capacity will decrease your hashing rate. So you can judge from the above engineering that your electricity and temperature do affect it a lot.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:16:37 PM

In general I'm mining Etherium using GPU, but I used Antminer S9 for two month and it showed me average of 13.5 TH/s.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:45:29 PM

Since I see that you are a noobie. Iam going to reccomend you do not do this.

Search up how much the difficulty rises on coins. You will see it is very unprotittable to mine coins. It is almost always better to buy the coins right now and hold them for awhile.

With mining the difficulty goes up every 7 to 10 days for bitcoin. Say the difficulty goes up by 10%, your 100TH miner is now only mining at 90%. Next difficulty happens, now your 100THs is like 75%.

What I am saying is, when you have 100TH and difficulty goes up, it is harder for your 100TH to get the same reward. If you were getting .1 BTC every day you are now getting .09. Next update happens you are getting .075, then .06 then .045 then .033 then .02. You usually will lose money due to this. Each time difficulty goes up your reward goes down, which means you have to keep buying mining equipment. Your electiricty cost will soon become more expensive than your mining profit because you don't live in china where it is cheap.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:54:35 AM

Since I see that you are a noobie. Iam going to reccomend you do not do this.

Search up how much the difficulty rises on coins. You will see it is very unprotittable to mine coins. It is almost always better to buy the coins right now and hold them for awhile.

With mining the difficulty goes up every 7 to 10 days for bitcoin. Say the difficulty goes up by 10%, your 100TH miner is now only mining at 90%. Next difficulty happens, now your 100THs is like 75%.

What I am saying is, when you have 100TH and difficulty goes up, it is harder for your 100TH to get the same reward. If you were getting .1 BTC every day you are now getting .09. Next update happens you are getting .075, then .06 then .045 then .033 then .02. You usually will lose money due to this. Each time difficulty goes up your reward goes down, which means you have to keep buying mining equipment. Your electiricty cost will soon become more expensive than your mining profit because you don't live in china where it is cheap.

you are pointing it to altcoin, but he is talking about bitcoin mining, and no it's not unprofitable to mine bitcoin or altcoin, otherwise no one would mine

it's the opposite it's more wise to mine than buying but not everyone can do this so there are investors, if the diff go up it's because there is a huge margin on profit currently, with the very high value of bitcoin

the bad thing about asic mining is tht you need to stay always competitive by adding other asic, with gpu is different you can stay there with 1 rig forever and have the same earning
fabrizeo (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:59:00 AM

Hello,

My electricity rate is 0.08 USD / kWh.

With this rate do you think it's worth to get into it?

Thx
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 12:07:57 PM

another noob with funds for 150 s9's. Listen. You think your home electrics can handle the draw of 150 S9?

1323W x 150 = 198460W

I highly highly doubt that 1. you will be buying 150 S9's and I seriously doubt that you will run them in your home..

My advice would be go and learn, Read, also why would you buy s9's after what bitmain have announced they might do after the 1st august!

https://blog.bitmain.com/en/uahf-contingency-plan-uasf-bip148/

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
fabrizeo (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:43:18 PM

another noob with funds for 150 s9's. Listen. You think your home electrics can handle the draw of 150 S9?

1323W x 150 = 198460W

I highly highly doubt that 1. you will be buying 150 S9's and I seriously doubt that you will run them in your home..

My advice would be go and learn, Read, also why would you buy s9's after what bitmain have announced they might do after the 1st august!

https://blog.bitmain.com/en/uahf-contingency-plan-uasf-bip148/

Do it at home ? lol no...they would be locked in a factory in a dedicated room. Power consumption is not a problem I can put more than 400 S9 based on the announced consumption.

Hockeybum

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:24:24 AM

What is the service voltage at this factory?  Even at 480V 3Phase service you would need close to 900 amps just for 400 miners, not to mention ancillary equipment.  This assumes an 80% derating for continuous loads and 1,450 watts per miner.  I'm currently in the process of upgrading my service voltage to 480V 3Phase 600 amp service, will take 6 months or more for just the permits.  Also, don't forget that each S9 puts out over 5,000 BTUs of heat per hour, you will need to find a way to dissipate all that heat for 150 miners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: