Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is in major trouble  (Read 25374 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:59:09 AM

So those change in number of coins aren't related to the consensus rule?
I'm not sure what you're referring to. What change in the number of coins?

You know what he meant.. but as usual you are playing games.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:19:57 AM

No, since this is an external measure.
Something similar would be "BTC that are not held by Bitstamp". This number is likely to change over time, but doesn't have anything to do with the total number of BTC or consensus rules that have to be respected by miners (e.g. <=50/25/12.5 ... BTC per coinbase transaction).

Coinmarketcap.com just chose to only display the portion of any currency that is not held by the creators/custodians of that currency, see https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/ for the actually existing numbers of tokens for each currency listed there. This number is the one that is enforced by consensus rules and which can only go down.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
cryptoonion888

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

I dont mind the pain

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:49:47 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to. What change in the number of coins?

I mean, if the consensus can't validate a transaction and they asume it as false, can they just destroy those tokens?
I'm refering to the graphic posted up:

Can someone explain how it is possible the available supply decreases from time to time? WTF
(Now 17 June 2017 at 38,290,271,363 XRP    )

LYKKE +++++ IOTA+++++BURST+++++IGNIS+++++ARDR+++++BCH
cryptoonion888

Activity: 191

I dont mind the pain

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:56:10 PM

No, since this is an external measure.
Something similar would be "BTC that are not held by Bitstamp". This number is likely to change over time, but doesn't have anything to do with the total number of BTC or consensus rules that have to be respected by miners (e.g. <=50/25/12.5 ... BTC per coinbase transaction).

Coinmarketcap.com just chose to only display the portion of any currency that is not held by the creators/custodians of that currency, see https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/ for the actually existing numbers of tokens for each currency listed there. This number is the one that is enforced by consensus rules and which can only go down.

So the graph is not accurate?

LYKKE +++++ IOTA+++++BURST+++++IGNIS+++++ARDR+++++BCH
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:44:08 PM

No idea, but it measures a property that is not part of the currency/blockchain design. As I said, a similar graph could be made with "Bitcoins deposited at Bitstamp and Kraken". The number might increase or decrease, but it doesn't influence how many total Bitcoins are out there.
This graph shows "XRP not held by Ripple Inc.", not "Total XRP in existence". It also contains a spelling error in the heading, so I'm not so sure if I would trust it a lot if the (german speaking) author is not able to correctly type a word or use copy-paste...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 11:06:33 PM

I mean, if the consensus can't validate a transaction and they asume it as false, can they just destroy those tokens?
No. There are only two ways to destroy XRP. It can be used to pay transaction fees or it can be sent to an address that is provably unable to transfer it out. Both of those cases require a transaction to execute and apply in a ledger. If a transaction is rejected by the consensus process, it doesn't do anything at all, not even ever appearing in a ledger or authorizing any changes to ledger state. If a transaction is accepted into a ledger by the consensus process, deterministic rules control what the consequences of that transaction are.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:10:17 AM

I really hope that this coin disappears, it has a really bad influence on the cryptocurrecy field. It has actually nothing to do with crypto by being centralized and manipulated in price.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:17:12 AM

I really hope that this coin disappears, it has a really bad influence on the cryptocurrecy field. It has actually nothing to do with crypto by being centralized and manipulated in price.

No, maybe you need to read more on there website www.ripple.nl.

No Signature right now...
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:29:08 AM

It doesn't sound like Ripple is in 'major trouble' it sounds like the reason for the massive price increase may have been overblown.
Honestly at the moment, the market doesn't much care. If there is good news, the price goes up, if there is bad news it stays high, until the next good news, when it pumps again!

There is a lot of money flying into the alts bubble, so prices are rising. Ripple isn't in trouble, maybe it should fall from it's all time highs, but it might not too!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:09:10 AM

Agreed and i have asked a number of times if Ripple coins can be removed.
Since they can be added on Demand by the Ripple Inc company then uhh see a problem ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:10:18 AM

Ripple has nothing special to offer like the majority of the coins from the same generation and most of coins from the current generation.  There is nothing wrong with Ripple, but there is nothing that will make it surge above the rest more than a few times here and there, based on new traffic created because the OP announcement got a new bit of life.
KrakAJAX

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:17:26 AM

Ripple has nothing special to offer like the majority of the coins from the same generation and most of coins from the current generation.  There is nothing wrong with Ripple, but there is nothing that will make it surge above the rest more than a few times here and there, based on new traffic created because the OP announcement got a new bit of life.

Then again most tokens don't have any special code to them, it's just the perception of what value it holds, and they still get pumped.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:05:20 PM

Then again most tokens don't have any special code to them, it's just the perception of what value it holds, and they still get pumped.

People jump on the old threads and make a comment that is nothing more than a chance for them to speak and be heard in the world and make themselves feel validated and whatever older thread that was blessed with that comment will get a little new activity.  It was Ripple recently and something else next week.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
jennywhzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:50:09 AM

These coins and tokens get their fans based on some snippet of the OP announcement and the rest is just smoke and mirrors, based on the original smoke and mirrors and buttressed with a little more smoke and mirrors.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

I don't know much about ripple token's usage for users but as a startup ripple is successful now. and it seems it will go more
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:35:46 PM

I only know Ripple will be a really BIG company  Grin

No Signature right now...
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 01:08:06 PM

so should i hold or sell my ripple.,
i thought ripple has a bright future.,

its backed by google and its helping banks in 3rd world, to send funds internationally quick and cheap.

MrGatzi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:52:14 PM

i bought some yesterday ^^ i think Ripple is good for the future Smiley
Metros

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:25:04 PM

Ripple wont die, it'll grow. big banks back it up.

We can hate or love it, that's a fact.

But once R3, Quorum, Axoni & InfoSys will launch their own coins, they'll rocket sky and will be intense compete for Ripple.

I wonder when they actually gonna launch coins..
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:13:01 PM

Agreed and i have asked a number of times if Ripple coins can be removed.
Since they can be added on Demand by the Ripple Inc company then uhh see a problem ?

Yeah they could list Paypal, Visa or simply fiat currencies, what a joke

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: