Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:12:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me!  (Read 405 times)
LocalBusinessman (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:39:27 PM

Can someone tell me how to convert physical bitcoins into a virtual ones in the bitcoin wallet?

Kind regards,
-LocalBusinessman

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

so you have something like a casascius coin?

you shouldn't redeem the bitcoin in there. the coin attracts a premium. sell it on here in the collectibles sections and you'll get more than the face value.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:43:13 PM

The first 8 characters of the public address are on each coin, which allows you to obtain the full address or check the balance at FirstBits.com or a similar service.

Beneath the tamper-evident holographic sticker on each coin is the private address which corresponds to the public address. Once you've obtained both the public and private address, the process for importing this information into an existing wallet can be read at https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/447/is-there-some-way-to-merge-two-wallets-or-to-import-export-addresses

Let me know if you need any other help.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:05:12 PM

I hope he does really have a collectible coin, or he's just really confused and he saw the prices of bitcoins and suddenly he wanted to convert. I hope he doesn't have just a simple coin that isn't loaded or anything. Since the prices are going crazy, so are the people using them.
LocalBusinessman (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:25:22 PM

I hope he does really have a collectible coin, or he's just really confused and he saw the prices of bitcoins and suddenly he wanted to convert. I hope he doesn't have just a simple coin that isn't loaded or anything. Since the prices are going crazy, so are the people using them.

Haha wtf man, im not as stupid as you think Cheesy I have legit casascius nickle 5btc coin. I just need some money and i want to invest in other cryptocurrencies. I only have this stupid coin, i cannot do anything with it and i have no time to wait till it gets valueable. Nobody wants to buy this also Sad
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:26:54 PM

Haha wtf man, im not as stupid as you think Cheesy I have legit casascius nickle 5btc coin. I just need some money and i want to invest in other cryptocurrencies. I only have this stupid coin, i cannot do anything with it and i have no time to wait till it gets valueable. Nobody wants to buy this also Sad

there are buyers on here who'll take it off you. go to the collectibles section and threaten to peel it. they'll buy it off you to save it. they're very rare.

make sure you use an escrow. you should get at least 0.5 btc more than face value and maybe 1 or 2 more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: