Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 05:52:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which one is by far the most anonymous coin and why?  (Read 535 times)
konamist (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:29:21 PM

Today I am talking with some friends about anonymous cryptocurrencies, but we could not agree on which one is by far the most anonymous coin, Dash? Monero? or Zcash? My opinion is Monero, but some say Zcash. As we are not experts, we couldn't persuade each other.

Could someone compare them from a neutral and technological point of view and tell me which one is the most anonymous?

CoolnQuiet

Activity: 388
Merit: 288

Living the dream

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:48:21 PM

zcash
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:58:03 PM

I have no clue myself other than to say I have heard from other developers that zcash is the superior solution for anon tx.

I know several others are implementing zcash into their projects.

santaclaws

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Horror Movie Phreak

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:07:52 PM

Today I am talking with some friends about anonymous cryptocurrencies, but we could not agree on which one is by far the most anonymous coin, Dash? Monero? or Zcash? My opinion is Monero, but some say Zcash. As we are not experts, we couldn't persuade each other.

Could someone compare them from a neutral and technological point of view and tell me which one is the most anonymous?

zcash

Its my understanding that all of us need to trust the Zcash team as zcash needs a trusted setup in order to operate like a real crypto currency. If the devs fail then "Someone can print as much money as they want, for free, and in total secrecy." Because of this I will never invest a dime into zcash. With the DAO incident and all the scamming that goes on around here I trust no one. This is why I am in crypto. Until Zcash can fix this its a potential disaster.

You can read more about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663331.msg16697418#msg16697418

Now that we got that out of the way, Bitshares is building a stealth feature where this "trusted setup" issue is fixed. Kencode has his team are currently working on this at the moment. source: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,24088.msg306626.html#msg306626

So right now Monero is the most anonymous. In the near future Bitshares will be the most anonymous.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:43:33 PM

It is Monero, but using digital cash anonymously is not just about the coin you use but also how you do it. You can reveal your identity fast even when using Monero and you can give hard time those that want to trace you even with Bitcoin, that is considered as totally transparent digital currency.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:45:44 PM

"Most anonymous" sounds weird. Isn't that like "a little pregnant"? I would think either something is anonymous or it isn't.
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:48:38 PM

Verge seems to be leading the charge on that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: