Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 years ago... you could have earned almost $15,000 at today's value in 3 sec...  (Read 4991 times)
virtualdn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:32:03 PM

Funny how life is Smiley 5 BTC for free in 3 sec... today people are working hard to earn 0.01 BTC

https://web.archive.org/web/20100703032414/http://freebitcoins.appspot.com/

1 BTC = 1 BTC
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 5879

Meh.

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:33:01 PM

That's a nice piece of history. I wonder how many people took advantage of that site. However, nothing will ever beat the BitcoinPizza.. How much is that up to now? $250M? Crazy amounts regardless haha. Please share more of these as it makes me feel better about being late to the party.

virtualdn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

That's a nice piece of history. I wonder how many people took advantage of that site. However, nothing will ever beat the BitcoinPizza.. How much is that up to now? $250M? Crazy amounts regardless haha. Please share more of these as it makes me feel better about being late to the party.

Well I would have probably sold all BTC at $1 so I don't have so much regrets also Tongue

1 BTC = 1 BTC
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:36:32 PM

Yeah funny and yet very disappointing on my part. Who wouldn't want 5 BTC, right? Even a single Bitcoin would make anyone feel great. If just bitcoin introduces itself to me that time. I even struggle to earn 0.01 BTC, and it would take me almost a 3 weeks to have that. But since nothing is to be done with that matter, all left to do is to earn more btc as much as we can. A hundred of 0.01 is equal to 1BTC right so the right term for this is "patience"

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
8xbt.com

Activity: 305

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:36:53 PM

It is nothing. Just psychological issue. The value could have dropped or it could be another coin that become popular.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:53:09 PM

Funny how life is Smiley 5 BTC for free in 3 sec... today people are working hard to earn 0.01 BTC

Don't work anymore.... Sad

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:04:37 PM

who knows, maybe 5-10 years later you will say the same about todays faucets
Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:09:45 PM

Damn, that's crazy to think about. My heart almost dropped when I read "5 bitcoins per visitor", the I remembered that this was an archive of a site 7 years ago.

I find the bitcoin pizza day thing awesome too. I remember I heard about bitcoin in 2011, but I never gave it any thought, and only started caring about it in like 2016.

who cares
SingAlong

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:32:46 PM

Damn, that's crazy to think about. My heart almost dropped when I read "5 bitcoins per visitor", the I remembered that this was an archive of a site 7 years ago.

I find the bitcoin pizza day thing awesome too. I remember I heard about bitcoin in 2011, but I never gave it any thought, and only started caring about it in like 2016.
I wish I was the one who heard Bitcoin in 2011 Grin . I just started recently and been seeing regrets to those old ones and new ones so here I am saving Bitcoin and expect that Bitcoin's price would increase multiple folds and say that I am thankful I encounter and known Bitcoin no late enough and look back that 1 satoshi (just an example but might be probable perhaps) that we have today seems not having too much of a value but in the future it would be equivalent to $1 (just an example don't take it to seriously). The point is that be glad that you have known Bitcoin today which is better than not knowing at all.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:56:13 PM

That's incredible I wish I knew about Bitcoin back then.
I remember reading stories here on the forum by people, who mined Bitcoin in the early days and some of them even lost some coins due to hardware failures, but it didn't bother them. A drive with 20 bitcoins broke? Who cares about recovery it's like 50$ worth of coins in there, I'll mine more next month. Grin
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 10:15:23 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 10:26:46 PM by BitcoinFX

To think that I once donated 500 BTC to Gavin's faucet ...

Well I would have probably sold all BTC at $1 so I don't have so much regrets also Tongue

Roll Eyes

Here are the first BTC exchange rates by NewLibertyStandard - http://newlibertystandard.wikifoundry.com/page/2009+Exchange+Rate

Whilst the BTC history books https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin  cite BitcoinMarket as the first 'automated' bitcoin exchange - NewLibertyStandard in fact established / calculated the first base BTC dollar value from actual electricity usage - the free market approach clearly worked more successfully for the price.

I also had a website making manual exchanges before the BitcoinMarket existed
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100617031313/http://www.bitcoinfx.cz.cc/

I'm certainly not a bitcoin millionaire today. Being to early to the crypto party is no fun!

Still here though!

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw   Cool

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
staceyoh

Activity: 381

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:54:21 PM

Yeah that's really funny, I wish that
I already knew bitcoin back then.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 11:20:09 PM

That's crazy. 5 bitcoins just solving captcha - it's $11680 at current price. That's insane amount today, then it was just pennies. And I'm sure then was more such faucets with similar rewards. It's one of the best indicators, how everything has changed in just 7 years.
But I'm not sure is it worth to regret that I didn't joined bitcoin then. Probably, I would have been sold bitcoins when it reach few dollars price. End of story.

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:28:33 PM

No one has ever predicted that bitcoin is going to be so expensive like today, it is too late to regret now, but maybe you still have a chance to get rich with bitcoin, who knows in the next 10 years the price will go up until 100k$, and if you got guts, invest in alt coin, who knows alt coin is going to make you rich in the future
crocozino

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:31:08 PM

time machine

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:48:54 PM

A lot of people would have sold once something like this happened, it's not like anyone was able to see the future and a ton of people would have cashed out early because Bitcoin is incredibly unpredictable. I probably would have cashed out at $1 back then too, since I would never have been able to see the future from the point I was in.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:52:40 PM

Hope you are talking about the faucet site started by Gavin Andresen,yes he did give away a huge number of coins and he was really happy doing that to make people aware of bitcoin and what he did was a great thing back then,but one thing you have to remember is just check the price of bitcoin when it all happened and no one would keep their coins this long,even if i mined a million coins i will sell everything when the price of bitcoin reached $20 because back in the day i never expected this to be this valuable .
g27wr

Activity: 221

I like guns.

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:06:19 AM

That's an amazing piece of bitcoin history. Who would have thought...

I used to play Blackjack with Bitcoins and remember a time where I'd bet .5 or 1BTC on a single hand. Now, I'm betting around .01 a hand and that's tough to do sometimes.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:16:59 AM

And in 7 years the history will repeat itself (or before). So, be ready when the time comes, every satoshi counts. Today you can think micro earnings tasks are too low and worthless, but if you store your earnings for the future it will worth a lot!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:22:59 AM

The pizza history is an amazing example what you shouldnt do, or atleast you shouldnt regret in the future, if you need something use fiat instead bitcoin, imagine tomorrow it worth 50k dollars and you spend it to buy something.
For other side we cant keep forever bitcoin, a lot people had several coins and the most of them exchanged into fiat soon as possible, nowadays people does trade with more knowledge about bitcoin potencial, something 7 years ago no one could predict.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: