Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Philippines Officially Legitimize Bitcoin as Payment Method  (Read 1977 times)
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:10:09 AM

Well this is really interesting I never heard this on the news or etc.. but this is a great news of my fellow filipino people in the Philippines. I know a lot of people who uses bitcoin in the Philippines my friend actually introduced me on how to earn bitcoin via campaign signatures and he said that his friend only tough him to use it also. This is really a great opportunity for those who people who earn bitcoin and they can withdraw their money depending on the rate of the bitcoin. It can also benefit me because I'm earning bitcoin now and whenever I wan't to go home in the Philippines it help me have some extra money when I'm in vacation in there. So I hope this bank will upgrade more of their minimum withdrawal so that when people can get more.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:57:44 AM

At least this action by legitimizing bitcoin as mode of payment would bring a much easier and flexible method. I just pray that the government wouldn't think of intervening with it and controlling it in the future though I believe that they wouldn't so unless someone with interest with it would take over.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:30:45 AM

It's is happened on February that people who transact bitcoin they have to get certificate from government anti money laundering and other financial stability certificates
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:38:50 AM

Well done philipines, now Indian government will learn lesson I guess. All developed countries are legitimating bitcoin as a payment method but the poor Indian government didn't understood the power of bitcoin. Soon in future bitcoin will rule the world and then we might have to use bitcoin like cryptocurrency and they again our poor government would legalize it because all developed countries are using it and it's an modern emerging technology and instead of blamming and making it illegal we should welcome and encourage the technology.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:41:35 AM

Bankgko Sentral ng Pilipinas, hereinafter BSP, is officially regulating local Philippine Bitcoin exchanges as remittance companies and recognizing Bitcoin as a legitimate payment method.

Earlier this month, BSP Deputy Governor Nestor Espenilla announced the plans of the Philippine Central Bank to issue a proper regulatory framework for Bitcoin users, exchanges and companies. Espenilla emphasized the exponential growth of Bitcoin within the country, stating that monthly Bitcoin volumes increased from $1 mln to $6 mln a month in a year.

That is awesome news and I haven't heard about that until I saw it here just now, I'll look forward to telling my relatives about that and getting them even more interested in it with the legalization and all this is a good time to get more people to transact and use Bitcoin.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:46:40 AM

Bankgko Sentral ng Pilipinas, hereinafter BSP, is officially regulating local Philippine Bitcoin exchanges as remittance companies and recognizing Bitcoin as a legitimate payment method.

Earlier this month, BSP Deputy Governor Nestor Espenilla announced the plans of the Philippine Central Bank to issue a proper regulatory framework for Bitcoin users, exchanges and companies. Espenilla emphasized the exponential growth of Bitcoin within the country, stating that monthly Bitcoin volumes increased from $1 mln to $6 mln a month in a year.

That is awesome news and I haven't heard about that until I saw it here just now, I'll look forward to telling my relatives about that and getting them even more interested in it with the legalization and all this is a good time to get more people to transact and use Bitcoin.
This is indeed a very good news for not only Philippines but for whole bitcoin community. This will definitely make people invest more in it and hence increasing the price. Now more people will show faith in bitcoin.  Cheesy
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 10:23:00 AM

The local exchange, coins.ph has been operating for years now, way before the government 'legitimized it'.
Yes, it's a great assurance that everything is legal and that it'd be unlikely, if not hard, for the exchange to just up and disappear.
It's just, I wonder how far the government will go with their "regulation", cause frankly, I do not want my coins and earnings from bitcoin to be taxed. Grin

More local businesses accepting bitcoin as payment is certainly welcome. (The taxes, not so much. Paid enough of that as it is. Sad)
 Grin

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
JimmieA

Activity: 396

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:49:49 AM

The article by BSP in February was also seen as an affirmation for btc recognition, but this is actually the official announcement for btc use publicly  as a payment official method. It can be said that btc is gaining new steps and is becoming a popular currency around the world.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:17:31 PM

That's is good if that will be happen, but there are other critics who are against in bitcoin Philippines.
so on your statement, you must have a valid proof of evidence that this things will be implement legally in terms of of all remittances
outlet nationwide.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 11:21:06 PM

Looks like they are taking a move right now and they are seeing the future of bitcoin. but only bank cental are accepting bitcoin as payment as of now how about the other company or business?
Well since we are growing in our country except more development it can be push the value of bitcoin more if bitcoin will be locally accepted by many store here in our country..

Make crypto as your bank.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:23:41 PM

Lol im from the philippines and yet im still not receiving any news about Bangko  Sentral ng Pilipinas regulating bitcoins in our country.Im not against that thing but is still a goodbsource of info is this real at all?Can you give me some source please

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:36:08 PM

The article by BSP in February was also seen as an affirmation for btc recognition, but this is actually the official announcement for btc use publicly  as a payment official method. It can be said that btc is gaining new steps and is becoming a popular currency around the world.
Yes it was issued last February though the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) still gives warning to the people that we should avoid transactions that relates to illegal trades and money laundering. This is a good initiative for our country as it is clear that bitcoin is free and it won't be prohibited.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Yuhee

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:57:11 PM

Yes it was issued last February though the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) still gives warning to the people that we should avoid transactions that relates to illegal trades and money laundering. This is a good initiative for our country as it is clear that bitcoin is free and it won't be prohibited.

Oh why am i reading this now? How does this works? We can pay loans in btc? Cause i only use banks to convert money and that is only in the security bank. Actually I am quietly satisfied with just even coins.ph. But I know ill be needing that if eved i would need bigger finances like having a family. But its good that the government is imposing agreement and not in the whole tax free tradings.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:59:30 PM

Never heard this BSP before and looks like bitcoin is growing here in our country hoping that more people knows about bitcoin.. since many people also looking for a way to use bitcoin before now we can use bitcoin easily by many site and now they are officially legitimize bitcoin as payment method.. but we are still not seeing a company or store are accepting bitcoin as payment locally..
Hope that we can see a lot of store are accepting bitcoin as payment that can push other people to use bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:13:43 AM

Looks like they are taking a move right now and they are seeing the future of bitcoin. but only bank cental are accepting bitcoin as payment as of now how about the other company or business?
Well since we are growing in our country except more development it can be push the value of bitcoin more if bitcoin will be locally accepted by many store here in our country..
Considering the fact that it is commenting on the central bank being the one to accept Bitcoin it is highly likely that this is something more for trade as opposed to something for a lot of the citizens of the Philippines to be using. Considering that they're going through a rather interesting time right now I would not be surprised if there was something like this going on.
I don't know how pumped Bitcoin will get because of this happening, but there might be some interesting things to come out of this.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:20:18 AM

Lol im from the philippines and yet im still not receiving any news about Bangko  Sentral ng Pilipinas regulating bitcoins in our country.Im not against that thing but is still a goodbsource of info is this real at all?Can you give me some source please
This can be used as a rebuttal. I have not seen the official news, but when you as a citizen of the Philippines and do not feel any policy of course this is something that is not true. Whereas when the Philippines can recognize bitcoin the bitcoin price will be expected to rise again.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: