Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin have a future?  (Read 68532 times)
babsalt1975 (OP)

Activity: 526
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:17:58 AM

I just read on Btcjam blog that they are closing down: https://blog.btcjam.com/2017/05/25/btcjam-is-closing/, now I am just wondering if big players in thebitcoin industry are closing down, is there any future for bitcoin really.

I came to know about bitcoin through btcjam when i was introduced there to borrow. Eve in this forum, looks most signature campaigns might close down because of the ever rising price of bitcoin. Most of them have reduced their payout amounts for posting by more than 50%. Is this a good sign or a bad sign for the bitcoin development?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:23:44 AM

This is a very good move from BTCJam, the amount of scams that happened on the site is simply ridiculous. We will hear less of people losing their coins, the mechanism that those Bitcoin P2P lending platform use is simply not good enough and doesn't protect the lender.
That being sad, bitcoin is not going anywhere, and signature campaigns are not going to close because they need to advertise their services otherwise no one will hear about them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
n0ne

Activity: 2534
Merit: 548

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 11:39:47 AM

As OP's quote big players in the bitcoin industry has been closing their service. Btcjam has now announced their official closure. Recently one of the big player in the gambling industry too made a closure of their services. At the same time more big investors are coming into the bitcoin network. So bitcoin will continue for a long with more adoption happening around the world in a same way that happened in Japan.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
moviebuff777

Activity: 378

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:35:33 PM

I think there is a lot of interest in bitcoin as an investment and store of value. People in countries with high inflation can use bitcoin to hold their savings. I think bitcoin has a future in this use.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:55:23 PM

#BTCjam - They failed to deliver what they were supposed to because of bad debts.

#Signature campaign - They are reducing price in terms of bitcoin to not get bankrupt. Many new businesses are popping up in bitcoin niche and many of them are spending huge amount of bitcoin in advertising.
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 03:57:55 PM

I think bitcoin and many other crypto's have a bright future! There is a of great development behind the scenes to a degree most of us could not comprehend so I really doubt that bitcoin will be going anywhere. Its a strong community and has so much potential still waiting to be unlocked.

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:19:03 PM

I just read on Btcjam blog that they are closing down: https://blog.btcjam.com/2017/05/25/btcjam-is-closing/, now I am just wondering if big players in thebitcoin industry are closing down, is there any future for bitcoin really.

I came to know about bitcoin through btcjam when i was introduced there to borrow. Eve in this forum, looks most signature campaigns might close down because of the ever rising price of bitcoin. Most of them have reduced their payout amounts for posting by more than 50%. Is this a good sign or a bad sign for the bitcoin development?
I think this will be able to reduce the popularity of bitcoin. But this can still be maintained, with the decline in payment rates in my opinion this is a natural thing. We get the amount according to what we do. But the advertising media will remain. And I believe the signature campaign will survive the impact of this increase. The industry will never die.
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

I think this will be able to reduce the popularity of bitcoin. But this can still be maintained, with the decline in payment rates in my opinion this is a natural thing. We get the amount according to what we do. But the advertising media will remain. And I believe the signature campaign will survive the impact of this increase. The industry will never die.

Advertising is very poor that is the problem, yes its easy online but in real world there are not that many places in the UK that are openly advertising or accepting it.  cex a big technology 2nd hand store for games and stuff take it and they accept it online too for goods which is handy if only more would adapt like this we could see wide spread adaption in a short timeframe.  you can also sell there for bitcoin too Smiley

https://uk.webuy.com/

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:39:13 PM

Bitcoin rising in price is good for investors and buy and hold traders. The price is rising because of the forces' of demand and supply which has a backup of economic theory and concept. Bitcoin do not only have a future but is the future itself. Many people who has lost hope in lives are now regained they hope through bitcoin and others crypto currencies.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:59:41 PM

Bitcoin has a greatest of future of all if bitcoin don't had a future maybe those rich will not have interest use bitcoin way back 2013-2014 bitcoin that year is cheaper and not that expensive see how it goes by the year past bitcoin now is at the price of almost in $3000 dollars this is what the bitcoin future is.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:13:04 PM

Bitcoin ain't going nowhere Op. Companies closing down in United States or Japan don't mean the two countries will close down too. Bitcoin may evolve into other things but closing down? I don't think so.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:34:48 PM

Bitcoin has a greatest of future of all if bitcoin don't had a future maybe those rich will not have interest use bitcoin way back 2013-2014 bitcoin that year is cheaper and not that expensive see how it goes by the year past bitcoin now is at the price of almost in $3000 dollars this is what the bitcoin future is.
I see bitcoin having a bright future. Nowadays that bitcoin is being acknowlege, known and used by many people and having to face some lag problems, bitcoin is a working progress and i know such problems will be solved about bitcoin that is why i see it having abright future not just for us but for everyone.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:47:41 PM

bitcoin has a great future there is no doubt  about it, but i think still bitcoin need more hard work, because bitcoin is still not fully introduce in all over the world. still in a lot of places people do not have have any idea about bitcoin. even in modern countries people are unaware of bitcoin, i think it is more important to introduce bitcoin there.
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:14:17 AM

BTCjam isn't bitcoin. THat's first and foremost.

Bitcoin is decentralised and in my opinion has a bright future ahead of it. I'm not sure why you want to draw conclusions from whether btcjam is closing or not and linking that to bitcoin's future. it just doesn't make any sense to me.

As you can see bitcoinprice is going up, and i believe that in the long term bitcoin price will always be going up because the monetary supply will be capped off at a certain point and the production will slow down over time. It's up to you to decide for yourself whether you want to invest in btc though but if you don't thats a shame.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:35:12 AM

Of course, bitcoin have future just like another altcoin. As long have supply and demand, bitcoin still have future. Today we so confused about price go down, that's usually on market. Just follow your strategy to raise profit and exchange into US dollar for saving. But if bitcoin reach $ 100, I'll cut loss to save my money and change my mind about bitcoin future.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:54:57 AM

I think the bitcoin price will decline again in the near future, if you're worried about the future of bitcoin and wonder why some sites are closing, I think it's common. These situations and events I think are a good sign for the future of bitcoin.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:13:50 AM

When BITCOIN first launced it's just a cents (think of it) BITCOIN have a future as what you see BITCOIN still rising rising wonderfull now. For me BITCOIN is not just have a future also our FUTURE will help us to make a nice all our dreams would achieve if we still learn what BITCOIN is
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:12:39 PM

Everything has a future. The question is does Bitcoin has a value in the future? Well we all know that bitcoins price is rising and transaction fees and pending payments are having its place. That means BTC has a brighter future because it is being known and popular resulting to it's high demand making its price become much higher. The best way we can do is earn as much as we can to be able to store more BTC and hold it till the price go up.

As to your question regarding if the campaigns will close down, I think we are promoting them, if the promotion is good enough then they will earn so they won't close down, that's why we are obligue to post constructively to make up for them for the payment to be worthy. In my opinion they can change bitcoins rate when the price really go up, for example the average rate per week of Sr. Member is 50 dollars, they will change the value of the BTC payment to 50 dollars weekly (0.012, 0.025, 0.2) any rate according to bitcoins price.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:34:30 PM

I don't consider BTCJAM as big name in bitcoin industry. A big name comes with a good reputation that not is present in BTCJAM.

Let's point that "is there any really future for bitcoin". If there is an event that bitcoin is slowly crashing that we can see that the obvious result is being dead, then surely bitcoin related companies will closed. But chances for that to happen is really low. Now by looking at the current situation, there are lots of reasons to believe that bitcoin have a bright future. No way other countries will just adopt this cryptocurrency if they sees bitcoin will be a worst threat for security in the future. Remember that for country to legalize bitcoin, it need years in the making so just imagined how research and study they conducted for this matter.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:55:05 PM

There is definitely development in BTC, but the problem is that the governance is flawed. Miner centralization has made it impossible to innovate, because innovation threatens the miners' bottom line. On the other side, Blockstream has corporate motivation and also has heavy influence (debatable an authoritarian control) in development. The relationship between these two extremes is troubling. UASF would be a good balance/check, but is far from perfect and doesn't solve the greater governance issue. Lightning network would be a step in the right direction IMO, as it would enable Bitcoin to facilitate fast speeds and low fees for smaller transactions. This alone would help mitigate Bitcoins identity crisis, being "am I digital gold, or digital cash." Until that question is answered, development will be unlikely to move past the present stalemate.

I hope UASF will solve some problems or create good alt for people willing using good coin for future.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: