Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:07:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When is the Best time to Buy Cheap Coins?  (Read 2462 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

When exactly is the best time to buy Cryptocoins very cheap? Is it during their Crowdsale or immediately they launch on exchanges?
I bought some Siacoin few days ago at 330 satoshi but  heard some people say they bought it at 7satochi and am wondering where they bought it that cheap. Could it be during their Crowdsale? Is it possible to buy during crowdsale? if yes, how?

Question is not where they bought it but when they bought it. Sia was around 40 satoshi only a month ago. But was over 100 satoshi more then a year  ago when Sia was a thing. Everyone was talking about Sia on Poloniex back then.  So I hope you got my message. Buy when price is low.
When I get spare Bitcoins I check prices of coins that are legit and have long term potential and buy the one I think is at that moment most undervalued.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:20:23 AM

When exactly is the best time to buy Cryptocoins very cheap? Is it during their Crowdsale or immediately they launch on exchanges?
I bought some Siacoin few days ago at 330 satoshi but  heard some people say they bought it at 7satochi and am wondering where they bought it that cheap. Could it be during their Crowdsale? Is it possible to buy during crowdsale? if yes, how?

Question is not where they bought it but when they bought it. Sia was around 40 satoshi only a month ago. But was over 100 satoshi more then a year  ago when Sia was a thing. Everyone was talking about Sia on Poloniex back then.  So I hope you got my message. Buy when price is low.
When I get spare Bitcoins I check prices of coins that are legit and have long term potential and buy the one I think is at that moment most undervalued.

True, because if you are referring to the trading site Poloniex; I also bought Siacoin around 63 satoshi exactly two months ago. When it was still undervalued. But actually the price now is still low compared to other coins, it's just that probably the people you heard bought it when you haven't started trading altcoins yet.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 06:01:54 AM

All those people who bought it for 7 satoshi must have surely been and early investor in their ico. Buying from an exchange is also fine but you can sureky not get the rates you get while purchasing during a ico. The reason is when you invest during ico there are lot of risks involved, even though companies claim that they have escrowed the funds it is still very risky and there is a chance they may run away
This is the only reson why you get heavy bonuses during ico
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5915

Meh.

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:06:43 AM

All those people who bought it for 7 satoshi must have surely been and early investor in their ico. Buying from an exchange is also fine but you can sureky not get the rates you get while purchasing during a ico. The reason is when you invest during ico there are lot of risks involved, even though companies claim that they have escrowed the funds it is still very risky and there is a chance they may run away
This is the only reson why you get heavy bonuses during ico

Lately while investing during ICO's I have noticed that the bonuses/discounts are not that favorable. Waiting at the Exchanges during the first couple of days could prove to be more lucrative as there are always people that might have invested too heavily and have to sell of their stacks, "jumpers" that goes from ICO to ICO and dump it all on the release day, or people that invested when BTC was at $800 and at the end of the ICO BTC is at $1500 so they take the overall profit and are happy with it.

I think the last 3-4 ICO's I've been interested in there's always been the same pattern like the one above.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: