Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:23:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn $10,000 into 1 Million  (Read 68141 times)
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:15:48 PM

I think that it is a bad time to invest in any of those as the peak was reached and now massive profit taking it taking place. There's only so long bagholders will be hodling for. There are tons of coins to be dumped and aside of the bubble, no market to absorb them.

It is the best time to invest in many altcoins, although I dont agree that 10k will be turned in 1 million, even if you get a few 100k with your 10k it is a very good profit, I dont know why many people are targeting 1 million, what if you have 1 million, did you make it? do you stop? NO!, just be happy if you tripple your money a few times, people chasing a million dollars will fail if they arent happy with less.
1 Million dollar for 1 Bitcoin, that is crazy. I don't think we need to increase the value of Bitcoin be high like that price. What do you think the economy of all Bitcoin user after the price of Bitcoin reach 1 million dollar? The Bitcoin user will be rich while others work hard still are the poor, it is unreasonable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:28:31 PM

Is there any place that he said he will leave updates on the value of his portfolio? I don't see anything on his steemit regarding it. If there's enough response to this post, provided there is no place there's updates of his portfolio, I'll take it up myself to provide the value of his portfolio every week based on his week 21 data. Let me know if you guys would like this.

I made a public portfolio on crypto compare with his last stats for holdings, you can follow here:

https://www.cryptocompare.com/portfolio-public/?id=120643

For initial buy price I just put $0, so the gain % might be messed up, but total portfolio value is correct.

notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:23:24 PM

The question is more : How can you not turn 10 000 in 1M ?  Because it's so freaking easy with cryptos

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:35:07 AM

Is there any place that he said he will leave updates on the value of his portfolio? I don't see anything on his steemit regarding it. If there's enough response to this post, provided there is no place there's updates of his portfolio, I'll take it up myself to provide the value of his portfolio every week based on his week 21 data. Let me know if you guys would like this.

I made a public portfolio on crypto compare with his last stats for holdings, you can follow here:

https://www.cryptocompare.com/portfolio-public/?id=120643

For initial buy price I just put $0, so the gain % might be messed up, but total portfolio value is correct.

Thanks. It is nice to follow the progression of HR portfolio.
mezzo0

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:08:58 PM

I very much agree with you being so bullish on Bitshares, it only takes a few minutes to look at their twitter to see its a great team who has a fully working trading platform that will be used by USA, China, Japan and Korea. If this Bitcoin fork wasn't capturing everyones attention then people would be thinking more carefully about where to invest their money for better long term growth.

One thing I noticed is that you don't have any privacy coins in your portfolio? Given both Dash and Monero are in the top 10 coins and have had such great growth, I think you should look at add a small investment like GRS for a privacy coin.

I recently came across XSPEC which from my research looks more secure and private than Monero yet most people have never heard of it. What is your thoughts on XSPEC or Privacy Coins in general? Something I heard someone say that has made me think so highly of them is this statement: "People who care about their privacy, care about it 10 times more than those who don't"

http://i053.radikal.ru/1709/90/76a2fa9f9a2dt.jpg
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:11:36 PM

I very much agree with you being so bullish on Bitshares, it only takes a few minutes to look at their twitter to see its a great team who has a fully working trading platform that will be used by USA, China, Japan and Korea. If this Bitcoin fork wasn't capturing everyones attention then people would be thinking more carefully about where to invest their money for better long term growth.

One thing I noticed is that you don't have any privacy coins in your portfolio? Given both Dash and Monero are in the top 10 coins and have had such great growth, I think you should look at add a small investment like GRS for a privacy coin.

I recently came across XSPEC which from my research looks more secure and private than Monero yet most people have never heard of it. What is your thoughts on XSPEC or Privacy Coins in general? Something I heard someone say that has made me think so highly of them is this statement: "People who care about their privacy, care about it 10 times more than those who don't"

XSPEC ecosystem is impressive

Research the project and it may pay off like never before
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:13:14 PM

Just to clear what I meant when posted above

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:41:54 AM

wow that's a very useful website, I'm checking it out right now but it seems to be completely blank for some reason...

Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:35:18 PM

The question is more : How can you not turn 10 000 in 1M ?  Because it's so freaking easy with cryptos
Grin You are right, the cryptocurrency market really the best way to help you become the poor!
No market has volatility like crypto market, in a day, the crypto value can increases to thousand percents but it also decreases thousand percents without any reason.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:52:12 AM

About BTS I just read they will rebuilding the platform and brand-new website design. I think this will drasticly modify the proce together with dome extra news about bts. So outl really worth buying bend and keeping for a while

Do you have any link confirming this news? I think something like that would be published in the official channels. I like BTS, but I have not a major investment on there. But they are at an All time low so they could go hight in anytime with any positive news and give 5x
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:49:25 AM

Do you think its much harder now to do this as oppose to back then?
manishmike

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:48:58 AM

Keep an eye on DCorp and Open Trading network too...
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

Keep an eye on DCorp and Open Trading network too...
Dcorp is good but i prefer PQWR over it as POWR has got better team and have potential according to whitepaper, we are already 3X on the ico price, hope to see 1$ by end of 2017.
Kiiti1

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:45:27 PM

Wish you all the best.. It's very possible
nigamshubham20

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:39:27 PM

@HR What happened to your weekly updates?
SapphireToken

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:07:29 PM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png
https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

That's a really interesting diversification.. What I'm going to do is take 2 bitcoin and put it in a separate investment portfolio and divide it up matching your percentages and see what happens. Very interesting diversification.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 01:03:56 AM

That's a really interesting diversification.. What I'm going to do is take 2 bitcoin and put it in a separate investment portfolio and divide it up matching your percentages and see what happens. Very interesting diversification.

The portfolio has changed a lot since then, someone uploaded it on cryptocompare you can track the current portfolio there. Basically the biggest allocations are now in ADA and LTC is completely liquidated, with also GRS and NLG added as minor holdings which I believe were tremendous additions. The worst piece in this portfolio in my opinion is STEEM, which is a great idea executed with extremely poor financial savvy, and maybe also BTS, which is mired in controversy all the time.

MT123

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

Good to know LTC was liquidated.  Too much opportunity lost holding there.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:07:30 AM

@HR What happened to your weekly updates?

His account got hacked, he posted under a different name a few pages back basically saying goodbye and he wouldn't be posting here any longer

mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:09:53 AM

The portfolio has changed a lot since then, someone uploaded it on cryptocompare you can track the current portfolio there. Basically the biggest allocations are now in ADA and LTC is completely liquidated, with also GRS and NLG added as minor holdings which I believe were tremendous additions. The worst piece in this portfolio in my opinion is STEEM, which is a great idea executed with extremely poor financial savvy, and maybe also BTS, which is mired in controversy all the time.

I think it can be done, but it will cost a lot of money. Only rulers, politicians, and entrepreneurs can do it. Or people who have known Bitcoin for a long time and are lucky enough to experience a very drastic Bitcoin price increase. But I doubt and confused, what kind of money wants to be made? I guess some companies will use that to grow their company. And I think we should wait for the right moment to buy and sell the currency. And I only know Bitcoin alone that can double our money at a certain moment.

Yes, so the conclusion, I think it can be done given the history of Bitcoin which used to be a single digit but now almost 5 digits and will continue to increase. That means the price of Bitcoin has changed to almost 10 thousand fold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: