Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:26:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need p2pool for BitBar. Any p2pool gods??  (Read 10013 times)
BBQCoinsFTW

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:34:03 AM

I meant GB of course ^_^

rbdrbd (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:00:32 AM

rbdrbd: any news?

Sorry was on a date. Back at it now. The system I have has 8 GB currently and 4 cores but it's on a VM so I can kick it up as need be. Will be testing the code here very shortly (currently upgrading the server).
j980

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:31:01 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 12:50:26 AM by j980

I have been experimenting with my own BitBar p2pool.  If anyone wants to help me test it, please use

Address = bitbar1.no-ip.biz:8336 (doesn't work)
User = Your BitBar Address
Pass = x (or anything)
Fee = 1%

Stats at http://bitbar1.no-ip.biz:8336/static

The addresses of two of my cpuminer workers show up correctly.  My other cpuminer worker and cgminer worker don't show up yet.  If you want to try this out, please don't throw all your Thash/s at this at once and please check that you get paid when you want to use it for a longer time.

I'm still trying to get it to work in combination with other p2p pools.  So, any other p2pools ready yet?

spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:36:31 AM

pointed my 3 7950s at you, around 50-75% stale rate from Germany Sad

/edit/ forgot to take out  -s 1 --expiry 1 --queue 0, now around ~25% stales.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
j980

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:39:09 AM

pointed my 3 7950s at you, around 50-75% stale rate from Germany Sad

Thanks for that.  Hash rate exploded according to the stats.  I saw a lot of DOA shares... but that seems to have stopped now (but maybe you stopped mining).

Are there any known tricks to reducing the stale rate?  Belgium shouldn't be that far from Germany.
j980

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:42:03 AM

The p2pool interface now shows 25% stale rate indeed.  Maybe there are some settings I could tweak to improve that...
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:42:36 AM

I have been experimenting with my own BitBar p2pool.  If anyone wants to help me test it, please use

Address = bitbar1.no-ip.biz:8336
User = Your BitBar Address
Pass = x (or anything)
Fee = 1%

Stats at http://bitbar1.no-ip.biz:8336/static

The addresses of two of my cpuminer workers show up correctly.  My other cpuminer worker and cgminer worker don't show up yet.  If you want to try this out, please don't throw all your Thash/s at this at once and please check that you get paid when you want to use it for a longer time.

I'm still trying to get it to work in combination with other p2p pools.  So, any other p2pools ready yet?

I will let it run over the night. I hope you let it online. Smiley

spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:43:25 AM

Sadly I know nothing about that. Sad
stale rate is settling around 15% with cgminer and none of the parameters queue,s,expiry

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:44:11 AM

Here you go, have a 7950. Tired of trying to solo mine.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:44:39 AM

The p2pool interface now shows 25% stale rate indeed.  Maybe there are some settings I could tweak to improve that...

looks like you found a block?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:45:46 AM

probably an orphan? my stupid cards were useless solo mining, I doubt they would succeed in the first seconds after this was posted Cheesy

/Edit/ As said before, it would be great if you could keep the pool running. As much as I would like to help, I don't know much about this anyway and really have to sleep. I hope someone helpful will show up here shortly for you. Night!

j980

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:47:28 AM

Ok, I will let it online through the night.  If I find a way to drastically reduce the stale rates, I might restart the pool though, but I guess that should be no problem right?

The p2pool interface now shows 25% stale rate indeed.  Maybe there are some settings I could tweak to improve that...

looks like you found a block?

Yeah, looks like it indeed.  Now how do we find out which consequences this has?  I'm not seeing anything show up in the BitBar client or so...  Maybe it still has to be confirmed?
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:49:03 AM

Ok, I will let it online through the night.  If I find a way to drastically reduce the stale rates, I might restart the pool though, but I guess that should be no problem right?

Super! Thank you. Good night. Smiley

j980

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:54:20 AM

Looks like several blocks have now been found.  They all are getting paid to this same address that was generated by p2pool.

Can anyone confirm this is how it is supposed to work?
spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:56:28 AM

Stales have been reduced dramatically now for me. Whatever you did was good, I guess. Should now be what's to be expected without stratum.

mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:59:49 AM

Looks like several blocks have now been found.  They all are getting paid to this same address that was generated by p2pool.

Can anyone confirm this is how it is supposed to work?

Super! Thank you. Good night. Smiley

Passion_ltc ran a p2pool, he would know. I'm no expert, but shouldn't it be paying out to the miners rather than the p2pool address?
spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:01:26 AM

I wonder how you succeeded in setting up the pool without lots of experience, while people said it's so difficult for this type of coin and no pools showed up for 6 hours Cheesy

j980

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:04:58 AM

Stales have been reduced dramatically now for me. Whatever you did was good, I guess. Should now be what's to be expected without stratum.

Neat.  I didn't adjust anything, but I did reduce the load of some other components.

I will have a look at trying to get stratum to work.  I thought I saw a pool that had that.

Passion_ltc ran a p2pool, he would know. I'm no expert, but shouldn't it be paying out to the miners rather than the p2pool address?

Yeah, that's what's worrying me too.   Huh

I wonder how you succeeded in setting up the pool without lots of experience, while people said it's so difficult for this type of coin and no pools showed up for 6 hours Cheesy

Either I'm a genius, or the pool doesn't work as it's supposed to.   Cheesy
spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:06:26 AM

Let's make sure people get paid before looking into stratum Cheesy

Really makes me want to try to set up a pool next time. Did you use any tutorials besides https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0   ?

mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:07:15 AM

Yeah, that's what's worrying me too.   Huh

Why don't you try making it pay out to the miners connected to the pool via how many shares they have submitted divided by the number of total shares for that block. It wouldn't hurt, considering no payouts have been sent yet. Payouts should have started by now.

edit: pulling miners for now until payouts get sorted out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: