Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-05-23] Toyota To Explore Blockchain Technology For Its Self-driving Cars  (Read 423 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:12:30 PM

The Toyota Research Institute has announced it has partnered with MIT Media lab to explore Blockchain technology and the possibilities of using its advantages for self-driving cars.

According to a report, the wholly owned unit of Toyota Motors North America has also teamed up with Bigchain DB company, which is building the database, Oaken Innovations, the company developing an application for car-sharing and payments, and the Commuterz startup, that is creating car-pooling, on a new Blockchain project for driverless cars.

You can read the full article here: https://coinidol.com/toyota-to-explore-blockchain-technology/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RomanJDS

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 07:23:52 PM

I believe that Blockchain Technology is very good for collecting and sharing information. But I am not sure that large corporation can create the real decentralized blockchain system. They alway want to control everything

NY-city

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:58:49 PM

I believe that Blockchain Technology is very good for collecting and sharing information. But I am not sure that large corporation can create the real decentralized blockchain system. They alway want to control everything
I completely agree with you And the more so why do they need it. There is no need to use a car system for such technologies. We ourselves understand that every information in the technology of blocking is required confirmation. Although the Japanese can understand and the whole point is that they are very strong hype, regarding the crypto currency in recent times.

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:01:56 AM

Maybe they should instead use the cars to mine Bitcoin or altcoins when they drive around using a lot of energy, did you know that %80

Of the energy used to move a car is practically wasted and turned into CO2? even the electric cars most of their electricity is wasted on

Moving all the mechanical parts.

Anyways, blockchain without the decentralization and hashing concept is just a simple database.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 01:13:13 AM

this is a good development. toyota weren't the first who got involve with blockchain. i remember Tesla motors invested to bitcoin.

Maybe they should instead use the cars to mine Bitcoin or altcoins when they drive around using a lot of energy, did you know that %80

Of the energy used to move a car is practically wasted and turned into CO2? even the electric cars most of their electricity is wasted on

Anyways, blockchain without the decentralization and hashing concept is just a simple database.

this is true. the alternator can actually burn the car down if the power produced by it weren't controlled. this is something they could look at too. thus the reason why some techie guys are using alternators to power a house by creating wind turbines.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:19:18 PM

To me this does not make sense, of course there is wasted energy, it is almost impossible to create a machine that uses 100% of the energy that is put in it, even the human body wastes a significant amount of the energy that you consume as food, that is just physics, the laws of thermodynamics are almost absolute in this universe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: