Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does VIABTC Take to push through transactions  (Read 1123 times)
qiwoman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:02:31 PM

I managed to do both BTC transactions one I got this message one hour ago: Acceleration succeeded

But is still unconfirmed and the other I just got same message now..
So when will they get confirmed?
Any ideas?

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:07:39 PM

I managed to do both BTC transactions one I got this message one hour ago: Acceleration succeeded

Any ideas?

via pool only makes a block every ~8 hours, so that is the MINIMUM time you will be waiting.
it also depends on how many other people have used the service. after all a block can only hold so many tx's (average 2500) so if there are 7500 tx's that used the service. that can be atleast 3 viabtc blocks your waiting. meaning 24hours+ at times

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:37:31 PM

Stupid service and never works, if miners were providing us with a web wallet that we could directly send transaction by using their own nodes then we wouldn't have so many problems, for E.G, blockchain.info are they also miners themselves? which pool(s) belongs to them? if they could block known spammers by rejecting their transactions if sent from specific IP or just identify spams and filtered them and then processed all the legit Txs with the old low fees.
But that is not what miners want to do because they are not even obligated to process Txs and only if our fees gets them a boner they might include them otherwise go figure for yourself on how to confirm with a costly mining operation and even running 10 full nodes you'll have to touch miner's testicles gently to see if they show you any mercy.

I need to know what happens when block size is increased to 8MB and mempool is filled with 4M TX? how long do we have to do the touching maybe another 3 years?
Miners are in a competition and have no time to care for users all they want is the reward and as much as fees if they could get then much better, miner #1 says I don't care let miner #2 serve the community, and #2 says: why should I care let #3 include poor people TXs and it will go on and on and every body just passes the responsibility and throws it at another pool/miner.

🖤😏
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 01:41:55 PM

Stupid service and never works, if miners were providing us with a web wallet that we could directly send transaction by using their own nodes then we wouldn't have so many problems, for E.G, blockchain.info are they also miners themselves? which pool(s) belongs to them? if they could block known spammers by rejecting their transactions if sent from specific IP or just identify spams and filtered them and then processed all the legit Txs with the old low fees.
But that is not what miners want to do because they are not even obligated to process Txs and only if our fees gets them a boner they might include them otherwise go figure for yourself on how to confirm with a costly mining operation and even running 10 full nodes you'll have to touch miner's testicles gently to see if they show you any mercy.

I need to know what happens when block size is increased to 8MB and mempool is filled with 4M TX? how long do we have to do the touching maybe another 3 years?
Miners are in a competition and have no time to care for users all they want is the reward and as much as fees if they could get then much better, miner #1 says I don't care let miner #2 serve the community, and #2 says: why should I care let #3 include poor people TXs and it will go on and on and every body just passes the responsibility and throws it at another pool/miner.

You know that moment when fools prove how foolish they are with their own actions? ^ Best example right there.

I haved used Viabtc accelerator both free and premium donation acceleration , it works. Viabtc only mines a block every few 6 hours or so, you think they mine a new block every minute? You think a block has unlimited tx mined?

The rest of your questions can be answered simply using a brain. We honestly do not need bitcoin adopters like yours truly.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:14:23 PM

Some boring stuff just worth snipping a few times.
You are telling me that users should be grateful if miners ever included their transactions?
100 free TX in an hour even if every 6 hours they find a block it'll be 600TX just 25% of the current block size.
Funny when I started to learn crypto I thought at first that nodes first give miners random transactions and then miners take every TX's hash and combine them together then generate new coins, I thought if there is no TX there will be no newly generated coins.
The fact that viaBTC is a small pool and finds block every few hours is making their so called free service and donation worse.
Lol imagine 5K people solving 20 captchas every hour in hopes of maybe this time it goes through and not only they're providing a free service but are making people to work for it.
Bitcoin isn't just a payment processor only party able to confirm is a miner, if I were to destroy Bitcoin if in a larger scale even after spending $2B I would win in long term, then I'd get busy mining for myself and growing bigger every day and just ignore all transactions, not only I'm not spending anything from that $2B budget but getting almost $30K every hour or so or if I'm a big miner then every 20 minutes or half an hour, so not including any TX in my blocks wouldn't be of any issue for me since I'm ought to wipe out crypto, and code is allowing them, and you can see how changing the code is difficult.

Of course they would make it to benefit their own by making acceleration as exclusive as possible like buying cloud mining contract then next thing you know they will demanding a BJ while processing your TX and next they'll say bend over.

Sorry if I'm not willing to bend over and then become their bitch like you, when I see a flaw I point finger at it and would have stayed silent if I didn't care for the entire concept of Bitcoin.

It's not the facking US senate here to say: "We don't need you here" just like when they say: "They are supporting terrorism so lets ban them" "They don't let their people to bend over for us so here is another sanction"

I'm trying to prevent a world power in crypto from forming while it doesn't have a strong root yet, because then dictating every terms to the rest of the world becomes a routine, refer to US the world police.

🖤😏
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:20:07 PM

Any ideas?

In my experience you'll see your TX confirmed next time they mine a block. But as others have said, they only mine a block every few hours, and that is all random. So you could see it go through pretty quickly or you could wind up waiting 5-8 hours until they just happen to score a new block.

You can check to see if they've gotten a block at the bottom of this page:
https://coin.dance/blocks

I find it handy because if I'm trying to accelerate a stuck TX and Via is rejecting my attempt, I just monitor coin.dance until I see a new block from Via. Then I try the accelerator again and it accepts my TX for their next block.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:22:56 PM

with COMPACT Block, they only want "slowdown" his business at minimum.
COMPACT Block policies punish miners to not use transactions already in the MEMpool.

Because, if they build blocks with her transactions, propagation is altered ... of this "private" block with "custom" transactions.
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 04:28:17 PM

Some boring stuff just worth snipping a few times.
<long post>
I'm surprised.  Usually posts as long as this have some actual content, arguments and reasoning.

Mining fees work very much like commodities in a free market.  Users/consumers are inclined to pay as little as possible and miners are inclined to accept as much as possible.  However, if the network can handle more transactions than the amount people are sending then all people need to send in transaction fees is enough to stop them mining shitloads of empty blocks,  which actually results in low fees.

Obviously because in this case people are sending more transactions than the network can handle (or more bytes of transactions, let's say), fees become competitive.  In the more obvious sense high fees are actually users' fault for creating this demand and competition.

Why are you insulting a mining pool for deciding to actually break the basic economic incentives of mining and accept less money than other pools?  Surely you should be insulting the pools who don't run this kind of service.  It's not their fault that there's demand for cheaper transactions.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:33:06 PM

Any ideas?

Not a way to condemn the services since its a free service to the crypto community and I don't blame them if not the difficulty being witnessed currently things like this would not have hold sway in the community. I tried using the service but every time I submit a transaction the only thing I get is the maximum for the hour has been reached without notification of when the next hour will begin and I am still trying.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:37:55 PM

Any ideas?

Hm, When I need 3 confirmations I got them within one hour. How many confirmations do you need and what's the speed? It'll get confirmed eventually but don't know why it's taking so long.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:00:08 PM

Any ideas?

Hm, When I need 3 confirmations I got them within one hour. How many confirmations do you need and what's the speed? It'll get confirmed eventually but don't know why it's taking so long.
I think you don't know anything about viabtc tx accelerator  Grin
OP have used tx accelerator to get faster confirmation on his transaction with low fee and asking for minimum time it will require to get confirmation.

I have used them before and I used to get confirmation after 8-10 hours so you can hope it will not take more than that for your transaction too.
creative~mind

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:05:23 PM

A few months ago I had transactions confirmed about an hour later.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

A few months ago I had transactions confirmed about an hour later.

things changes ... except when you pay the "right" fees for the network.

abubakrrali

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:44:26 PM

if it got accepted then it's really simple. they will be included by the next 1-2 blocks mined throgh VIABTC.. Just check blockchain for the miner's name, VIABTC mines multiple block per day regularly so it should have been processed by now - at the time of this post -
DomainReseller

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:02:04 AM

Although this a little late, But I would just like to add that this system is so good and effective but enough people don't know about it.
* Every hour, at 00 you can submit tx's, it usually close after few minutes and reopen at the next hour (100 tx's per hour)
* ViaBTC pushes TX's through it's blocks, every few hours
* You can't push a TX before pushing the father TX, You can't push less than 20 sat/byte

I think ViaBTC are doing a great service, saved me days of waiting.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:33:51 PM

That kind of services isn't that useful since they have small percentage of total bitcoin mining power and everyone is using their service now.
Don't forget that it is just a free service maybe if its a paid one people can complain what they want and come on they've helped thousands of stuck transactions already, For a free service It's doing a great job . It's no wonder that its so popular after all its free
So, no one knows when will your transaction can confirmed.
From my experience, Once you successfully accelerated your transaction on it, it shouldn't take 8 hours for your transaction to receive confirmation .
It'll be best to check the progress here: https://www.viabtc.com/pool/state/
If you really need fast confirmation, you should've add more fees in your transaction.
The thing is, Not everyone has a sufficient knowledge about miner fees that's why many people still get their transaction stuck especially newbies . It's something inevitable right now .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:49:16 PM

Any ideas?
When they find a block. I wonder how legendary member didn't read FaQ in service he use.

via pool only makes a block every ~8 hours, so that is the MINIMUM time you will be waiting.
it also depends on how many other people have used the service. after all a block can only hold so many tx's (average 2500) so if there are 7500 tx's that used the service. that can be atleast 3 viabtc blocks your waiting. meaning 24hours+ at times
Not really, they mine block every 2 - 8 hours but that is not really a rule.
For example today they mined 3 blocks within 2 hours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: