Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Wallet Folder and Ethereum in Different Hard Drives  (Read 268 times)
Vispilio (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 02:19:54 AM

Hi,

I've downloaded Geth on Windows 10 but didn't want to use my SSD to get the entire blockchain so downloaded the Ethereum folder into a different drive.

Now the Ethereum Wallet folder is on the SSD, and the Ethereum folder along with my keystore is on another drive.

ETH from our mining activities have been coming successfully to this new wallet, but when I click on backup accounts nothing pops up on the Ethereum Wallet GUI, and I have to manually locate the keystore folder for backup, which has not been ever modified since inception... Is this absolutely fine, or may we encounter some issues down the line when we want to restore this account on another computer ?

Also it takes ages for the Ethereum Wallet to sync, and I'm wondering if these 2 issues could be related, is there a definitive way to speed up the syncing process ?

Best,
Vispilio

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: