Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UASF Activation  (Read 1268 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:05:50 AM

I don't think it is a nice idea overall to twist your stance as it better suits your argument

my stance has not changed.
i see all this stuff as just a patch work of distractions/ efforts to change things.
yep
craig wright drama times precisely around the last 3 main closed door round table meetings of the last couple years
segwit half gestures not providing real long term features, just used to delay/distract things to push other things
the BS cartel having a portfolio of services and employee's that can sway things in different directions

maybe BS cartel move over to litecoin by getting bitpay/coinbase to switch the merchant API services to accept litecoin and drop bitcoin.
but until that actually happens bitcoin will still be the main currency.

maybe BS cartel move over to new altcoins (sidechains) and drop bitcoin.
but until that actually happens bitcoin will still be the main currency.

i see alot more than people realise and see many directions can play out in many directions. but its not just one event that would lead to a change its a patchwork of changes. with lots of baits and switches
eg bs cartel removing the fee control mechanisms to push bitcoin fee's up(bait) then blame the pools(switch)
bs cartel using an exploit to go soft(bait) but then reveal it can cause issues so now proposing a soft controversial/bilateral split(switch), which is worse then a hard consensus upgrade.
bs cartel still avoiding a safer hard consensus where real benefits and features can be included, because they want to remain the string holders

all in all its the BS cartel pretending to be bitcoin advocates but slowly strangling bitcoin and trying to move people offchain or to alternative networks.
all while the top of the BS cartel pyramid are working towards hyperledger which the BS cartel are desperate to be part of once they mess with the bitcoin (as that call it: experiment)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:12:19 AM

Everyone is talking about UASF activation and how this is going to be huge for the bitcoin community. The date seem to be 1st August If I'm not wrong, is the activation going to take place no matter how much services, wallets, miners and nodes are supporting the proposal or there are some criteria to follow first?

In my opinion, UASF is proposed to solve the current trouble of bitcoin, which is the cost and time between transactions, which is something that needs to be addressed. It can be considered as a condition to determine the improved direction of bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:38:27 AM

Everyone is talking about UASF activation and how this is going to be huge for the bitcoin community. The date seem to be 1st August If I'm not wrong, is the activation going to take place no matter how much services, wallets, miners and nodes are supporting the proposal or there are some criteria to follow first?

In my opinion, UASF is proposed to solve the current trouble of bitcoin, which is the cost and time between transactions, which is something that needs to be addressed. It can be considered as a condition to determine the improved direction of bitcoin.

segwit is 'suppose' to solve the current troubl of bitcoin.  which is the cost and time between transactions. which those issues have arisen by the same group that are now pretending to have the fix.

but segwit will not fix the issues. its just bait and switch.
UASF is just a way to avoid consensus and force the cludge through without having to do the real consensus method of features that will actually help.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:56:24 AM

I don't think it is a nice idea overall to twist your stance as it better suits your argument
BS cartel

BS cartel
 BS cartel bs cartel
bs cartel
bs cartel  BS cartel  BS cartel BS cartel
Maybe it's time to join the BS cartel don't you think?

Which one is better to stay behind on a loser chain and insist on your opinion or just %100 of the entire network of miners

And nodes, and businesses and services all join the cartel?
Itty Bitty

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:30:53 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2017, 01:44:15 PM by Itty Bitty

When push comes to shove, and it looks like that'll be the case Aug. 1, if the choice is to follow the smart miners, or following the smart developers, I am confident  which direction the community will follow.

It's a shame these smart folks can't come to a reasonable conclusion (in the timeframe provided, Segwit + 2MB in 6 months going to be very very buggy, dangerous, and cause bitcoin value to plummet once bugs are exposed - this is no solution). The miners have day to day power (power of the purse to bribe and coerce) >> developer power, but developers have the nuclear option (POW change), which would pretty much eliminate current miner stranglehold at the price of doing much harm to bitcoin for the forseeable future.

Really looks gloomy at the moment, even though I believe community will choose smart developers over smart miners when everyone realizes their backs are against the wall.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 09:28:11 AM by deisik

~some noise was here~

I don't really know what or whom you mean by BS cartel

In short terms, I'm looking from my window, and I'm interested in Bitcoin mostly as a trader. And a trader in me tells me that all this noise produced by folks who have some weight in respect to Bitcoin future might not end well. So I'm looking for ways to remain in the field (since it is highly profitable provided you know what you are doing) and not lose my money at that. Litecoin seems to be the best option at the moment. If Bitcoin survives, then its value will surge, and Litecoin will most certainly surge as well (as it has been the case so far). If Bitcoin dies or becomes a toxic asset (which is more likely), then people will search for alternatives. As to me, Litecoin hits the nail right on the head in this regard. Technically, it is already what Bitcoin is only going to become (and which it may fail to become)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: