Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Alternatives to Sapphire 470/480/570/580?  (Read 303 times)
rifiuti (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:17:34 PM

Title says everything.

It's really hard to find Sapphire RX Nitro+ 470/480/570/580 these days. Any good alternatives to these cards? (price wise and performance wise)
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:22:29 PM

Best ones are those with memory at 2000 frequency, no matter which manufacturer makes them. But it's a bit late to start mining now, and if you do, don't expect to get rich or anything. You might be better of buying from exchanges.
skingun

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:32:51 PM

Best ones are those with memory at 2000 frequency, no matter which manufacturer makes them. But it's a bit late to start mining now, and if you do, don't expect to get rich or anything. You might be better of buying from exchanges.

It's not too late.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:00:00 PM

Depends. Buying coins now means there's a bigger risk, but also potentially MUCH greater reward. Mining is extremely slow, therefore the risk is much lower but the reward is smaller. Do not forget that currently mining is very profitable because the price surged in the past few months, but soon the profit will decrease dramatically. Because more people will mine, whatever the profit is now, it will halven in 1-2 months.
rifiuti (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:21:22 PM

Depends. Buying coins now means there's a bigger risk, but also potentially MUCH greater reward. Mining is extremely slow, therefore the risk is much lower but the reward is smaller. Do not forget that currently mining is very profitable because the price surged in the past few months, but soon the profit will decrease dramatically. Because more people will mine, whatever the profit is now, it will halven in 1-2 months.

This short-term thinking is very very poisonous. If one is mining only for exchanging the coins for fiat immediately, this person should not start mining at all. Better throw the rig from the window.

If I start mining ETC right now(I don't care about the DAO, top-dev scam-politico), price will go higher in the next years. So, mining ETC will benefit a lot in the long term.(2-5 Year for me)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: