Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins stuck between two wallets?  (Read 531 times)
Casius (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:18:34 AM

I sent my whole BTC wallet balance of .02 to Poloniex and described it as 0.02 BTC even though there was a 0.0001 fee, this was on 20/5/17......I simply thought the fee would be removed automatically from balance of 0.02. I'm now wondering if I've messed up my deposit because of lack of funds (due to the fee).  The BTC seems to be trapped between Poloniex and my original wallet as it is not being confirmed. Is there anything I can do to get the bitcoins back?
     Its been over a week now since the transaction but still unconfirmed.

I have contacted Poloniex but they haven't haven't answered me yet.

Many thanks for any help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:05:15 AM

So you're saying you didn't include a miner fee in your transaction? If it doesn't have one it will be forgotten by the network after sometime and the bitcoin will be returned on its sending address . Also to the best of my knowledge, your deposit on poloniex will never show if your transaction doesn't have any confirmations . If a transaction doesn't have any confirmations the bitcoins technically belong to its sending address .

Can you post the TXID here?
What wallet are you using? By one week, it should be forgotten by the network already . Your wallet might be rebroadcasting your transaction .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Casius (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:02:59 PM

Hi wandering Soul,
                        Many thanks for your reply. I didn't make allowance for any fees with the transaction.....I thought it would automatically be deducted during the transfer process. I simply moved my whole balance of .02 BTC from my android wallet to my poloniex address which charges a fee of 0.001.

The android wallet i'm using is the first one i found on android play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet&hl=en  and the BTC TXID is 1622b1e3fb61b227704c55ebbdf2eec75b023bd8600597161ec888ae59a65e0c

Is it safe to update my android Bitcoin wallet or will I lose my BTC address i there?

Once again many thanks for your help so far.

Steve
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:38:07 AM

Hi wandering Soul,
                        Many thanks for your reply. I didn't make allowance for any fees with the transaction.....I thought it would automatically be deducted during the transfer process. I simply moved my whole balance of .02 BTC from my android wallet to my poloniex address which charges a fee of 0.001.

The android wallet i'm using is the first one i found on android play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet&hl=en  and the BTC TXID is 1622b1e3fb61b227704c55ebbdf2eec75b023bd8600597161ec888ae59a65e0c

Is it safe to update my android Bitcoin wallet or will I lose my BTC address i there?

Steve

Do you mean you want to update the Android App? or do you want a new Wallet? What happens is your Bitcoin Wallet has many Bitcoin Addresses. As Long as you have the Seed of your wallet you can't lose your bitcoins.

As for what you can do is try to do a RBF(Replace By Fee) Trx.  You will need the Private Key of your Address you sent from. You will need to use a website like coinb.in  which allows you to create a raw transaction with RBF. Goto Coinb.in > New > Transaction. Load up your BTC address. In output tab place the btc address you were sending to. Place the new amount and keep an allowance for the fee. Click on advanced tab and enable RBF, click submit you will have the Raw Transaction(copy This) but this needs to be signed. Move to the "Sign" tab and paste the raw transaction. After wards insert your private key, It will sign the transaction for you. Then goto blockchain.info and Broadcast the transaction. This will hopefully get confirmed fast.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 07:44:38 AM

Hi wandering Soul,

Steve

No offense but that is one of the worse bitcoin wallets for android ever lol, why not simply use something already established like Xapo, Electrum or Coinbase?

https://blockchain.info/tx/1622b1e3fb61b227704c55ebbdf2eec75b023bd8600597161ec888ae59a65e0c has an atrocious fee of 30 sats/byte because of the olden static fees of 0.0001 btc for any amount sent.

Import the private key from that useless wallet into electrum on desktop and do a child pays for parent. Or simply use the viabtc accelerator to attempt to speed up the tx.

Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:11:29 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 02:12:17 PM by Wandering Soul~

Hi wandering Soul,
Well now you know that it is not automatically deducted, Let's now talk about the right fee for your transaction instead of paying 10k sats you should payed 111540 because the according to this: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ (a great guide for miner fees) the fastest and cheapest is 330/byte and your transaction is 338 so 330*338 will result to that . To be clear the 330/byte changes based on the number of unconfirmed transactions on blockchain .
Fortunately that 10k sats is sill good in the size of 338bytes for viabtc  as the mimimum is 10K/kb so you should be able to use it . Here it is: https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
Haven't used it cause it has terrible reviews on playstore, If you want a good android wallet, try mycelium . There is actually a right section for that wallet, You can move this thread there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=100.0
~Snip~
Yes it is and you won't lose your bitcoins since update are typically just fixing bugs and adding features on the app they don't have access on your bitcoins . Only you who has the master seed or private key have and access .

EDIT: I accelerated your transaction on viabtc . It should receive confirmations on the next block they'll mine

EDIT: Viabtc included your transaction on block 468834 (https://www.viabtc.com/pool/state/) . This has been solved, You can now lock this thread

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███