Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade at multiple exchanges?  (Read 19258 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:54:13 PM

Last time I swore not to get into any coin which is only listed on a single exchange but I did it again, I invested in IOTA and now it's down half the price which I bought, this should also be an indicator, never invest on coins only listed on a single site. because that's when they have the total control and could just by some clicks manipulate the prices.

🖤😏

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:58:59 PM

Last time I swore not to get into any coin which is only listed on a single exchange but I did it again, I invested in IOTA and now it's down half the price which I bought, this should also be an indicator, never invest on coins only listed on a single site. because that's when they have the total control and could just by some clicks manipulate the prices.
You might have brought IOTA(IOU) tokens.some exchange do trading when a respective ico is going on.in order to get  fees they start iou tokens buy and sell which lead to spikes in price ,but when the token are official released the price goes down.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:09:02 PM

You might have brought IOTA(IOU) tokens.some exchange do trading when a respective ico is going on.in order to get  fees they start iou tokens buy and sell which lead to spikes in price ,but when the token are official released the price goes down.
IOTA just traded on the bitfinex, We know the reputation of the bitfinex is really bad in my opinion. That makes a lot of people out from there and try to buy better exchange site. IOTA just another scam coin in my perspektive.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:10:57 PM

You might have brought IOTA(IOU) tokens.some exchange do trading when a respective ico is going on.in order to get  fees they start iou tokens buy and sell which lead to spikes in price ,but when the token are official released the price goes down.
IOTA just traded on the bitfinex, We know the reputation of the bitfinex is really bad in my opinion. That makes a lot of people out from there and try to buy better exchange site. IOTA just another scam coin in my perspektive.
First of all To avoid fraudulent actions you need to immediately discard all your coins and withdraw your funds, so you will get fraudulently caught unawares
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:39:04 PM

i have seen a BTC TX go to confirmed in less than a minute and I have also seen one takes 48 hours, i have also seen exchanges hold a TX for 24 hours or more because they felt like(security measures). in short, yes we used different exchanges....but not for the purpose you stated.
ChronoLite

Activity: 840

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:58:51 PM

Yes, if coin not available on one market i will search alternative exchanges to trade my altcoin also if you are using arbitration strategy, trade at multiple exchanges is important to see the gap between each market.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:55:09 PM

Yes, if coin not available on one market i will search alternative exchanges to trade my altcoin also if you are using arbitration strategy, trade at multiple exchanges is important to see the gap between each market.
Unfortunately all the reputed exchanges are not listing all new altcoins. That is the reason altcoins traders are getting enforced to have accounts in multiple exchanges.

I believe basically it is a good practice not for depending on only one exchange for our all the needs. I mean to say by having trades on multiple exchanges are literally diversifying our capital across many exchanges. So, the risk of losing all at once is getting eliminated here.

Using multiple accounts for arbitration strategy is not working for me so far, but I keep on trying to spot out any big gap. I believe I may find one in coming days to make some good profits Roll Eyes
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:59:27 PM

Trade at multiple exchanges often give more benefits at the times when the price of bitcoin at one exchange is higher than the other one so in this case we buy bitcoin at one exchange and sell them on the other where the price is high. So we earn a good profit in that.
pisston

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:11:17 PM

Trade at multiple exchanges often give more benefits at the times when the price of bitcoin at one exchange is higher than the other one so in this case we buy bitcoin at one exchange and sell them on the other where the price is high. So we earn a good profit in that.
The fact is that different people have different coins. I've already made sure that for example on Bitrix not all are altcoin. Therefore, in order for another market for crypto currency to have an account for another business. Indeed, this is very beneficial and relevant for today.
Esphere.in

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:29:24 PM

Arbitrary trade was the best way to spend my time online a couple of months ago,but things have changed a lot from that situation,exchanges are slow in sending your coins now and even if you find a good price parity you really could not make full use of that,but yes i do trade in various exchanges.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:59:33 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 12:23:38 AM by Rahar02

Of course I do, use some exchanges to compare cryptocurrencies prices and there are some famous exchanges like poloniex and bittrex which doesn't list new coins so we need to use other exchanges such as livecoin, liqui or yobit to find it. But, if you are not an expert or not a daily traders, it is enough to use one or two exchanges as your experiment fields.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:05:25 AM

Sometimes i do that way,arbitrage specially on small and big exchange transfers,sometimes there are some coins that has different or small different prices from one exchange to another.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tigershark

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:55:04 AM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?

I have traded on multiple exchanges in the past, but I have found that arbitrage trading is cumbersome and requires a lot of time. It's much simpler to find a good exchange and stick with it and concentrate on a few altcoins along with Bitcoin.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:34:40 AM

Well, I do trade on multiple exchanges as that ensures that you get the best value and price ranges across all the different sites. While the price variation for bitcoin alone is not much, the price range for a lot of altcoins can vary by a huge amount. This makes it very much worth it to switch to another site: buy on one sites, and then sell on the second. I have done this with several altcoins and made quite a bit profit by doing so. Also, in my opinion, what you want to do is have a bit of money in multiple exchanges and study certain trends that appear in each of them. Then you will get an idea about which site is better for certain coins.

Also, by splitting up your investment across multiple exchange services, you are eliminating or at least decreasing the chance of you actually loosing all your money at once.
hovrah

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:49:58 AM

Well, I do trade on multiple exchanges as that ensures that you get the best value and price ranges across all the different sites. While the price variation for bitcoin alone is not much, the price range for a lot of altcoins can vary by a huge amount. This makes it very much worth it to switch to another site: buy on one sites, and then sell on the second. I have done this with several altcoins and made quite a bit profit by doing so. Also, in my opinion, what you want to do is have a bit of money in multiple exchanges and study certain trends that appear in each of them. Then you will get an idea about which site is better for certain coins.

Also, by splitting up your investment across multiple exchange services, you are eliminating or at least decreasing the chance of you actually loosing all your money at once.
I just thought that if you touch on several exchanges, then it will get scattered attention. If this does not affect the result of the comma, then in this case you are right. Actually, not all altcoin are present at 1 keep.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:53:31 AM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?

I trade at multiple exchanges because many altcoin that does not exist in one exchanger but there are in other exchanger, also ico that launch is not easy to enter in exchanger that have high traffic and trust like poloniex.

To move funds to another exchanger it sometimes takes a long time maybe 1 day, I ever do that and the results are not worth it.

I do have many exchangers and it is good idea to have multiple channels. One can never have just single trading platform with all the coins available and with a good price too. Every exchanger differ in the price so you can think quickly where to put the money. :-)

JohnC2389

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:12:36 AM

It's sometimes profitable but not all the time, when you see that, you have to buy from this exchanger (the first fee) then withdraw that amount (the second fee) and sell on the other exchangers (the third fee). And you will have to wait for a time to get confirmed, you might losse that profits.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:33:33 AM

It's called arbitrage trading.  Here's why all the prices aren't the same:

-There's a "spread" on most exchanges, which is the difference between the buy and sell prices.

-Some exchanges have high fees (e.g. Coinbase)

-Some exchanges are dysfunctional (Bitfinex, BTC-E, Chinese exchanges), and some exchanges are also extremely shady/annoying when you move large amounts (BTC-E, Poloniex and more).

Overall doing arbitrage with several exchanges can get very hard.  There are some minor opportunities with the extreme price fluctuations that go on, but they're gone very fast.  I don't recommend you get involved unless you know what you're doing or you can trade with foreign exchanges (like South Korea).

yes i highly agree with you my friend, but i have never been able to try that kind of method in trading, i am also a bit scared to some risks for example, i am afraid about those tokens i bought when i transfer, it wont reach to the specific destination, coz i have heard one of my friends told me he had lost some tokens after he transfered it.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:47:15 AM

Sometimes i do that way,arbitrage specially on small and big exchange transfers,sometimes there are some coins that has different or small different prices from one exchange to another.
But what about the profit levels ? Will they worth the efforts you are putting for moving coins back and forth ?
I guess all the above you must need to put more efforts to figure out any such a gap. I do see some gaps but they are not worth for making a trade across exchanges. Gaps are there but  it is not covering tx fees and moving fiats charges.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:27:23 AM

It is necessary.

Any people who do trading should have at least 2 exchange verified-account, so you will not missed when the opportunity comes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: