Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade at multiple exchanges?  (Read 19258 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:54:23 AM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
I don't, I only use one exchanger to easy to control my balance, one exchanger is enough for me because I have trading skills, I can easily earn profits with my skills.
it is good that if you are focused in one exchange and make things work,i do personally use multiple exchanges and use arbitrary trading when ever i find an opportunity to make some extra dough ,so i do use multiple exchanges all the time and being an alt coin trader i have to use all the exchanges.

The good thing for focusing on one exchange is you would not have any worries regarding to your arbitrage withdrawal on certain site, But you would surely miss the oppurtunity of buying on lowest price per exchange so the main thing here if you want to do multiple trade on certain exchange is to select those great exchange wich have good volumes on their alt trades.

This is only good for those traders or full time traders that has a lot of time to look for and search out the exchange that has the lowest rates. But if you are comfortable on using only one exchange then there's no need for you to look for other places. Stay with it and just focus on your trading career or portfolio.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Banjiro
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:12:41 AM

yes, I trade at multiple exchanges on bittrex and poloniex
there is good volume trade
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:28:28 AM

It is nice that some traders do arbitrage in any exchange. But for me, I do trading in one exchange only for now because Im having a hard time trading in other exchange.
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:07:21 AM

It is nice that some traders do arbitrage in any exchange. But for me, I do trading in one exchange only for now because Im having a hard time trading in other exchange.

Same here, I use bittrex only for now, I didn't try yet on other sites . I might see feedbacks from others and do researching before trying them though poloniex where always in trading exchange best.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:34:12 AM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?

I do not do it that way but I've got my account both in poloniex and bittrex. But there is really a difference such as in fees. It is much higher in bittrex. It just feels safer for me. And there are also unique features of the other that is not offered in the other one. Also, when one is problematic just like what happened a couple of weeks ago when poloniex is not allowing ETH withdrawals yet, you can always use the other one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kekcoindev

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 05:05:40 PM

It makes sense to reduce exchange-default risk by trading on multiple exchanges. Exchanges are probably one of the biggest attack targets in the crypto community and so it would be wise to use them sparingly.
bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:47:13 PM

Yes, if coin not available on one market i will search alternative exchanges to trade my altcoin also if you are using arbitration strategy, trade at multiple exchanges is important to see the gap between each market.
Trade at multiple exchanges often give more benefits at the times when the price of bitcoin at one exchange is higher than the other one so in this case we buy bitcoin at one exchange and sell them on the other where the price is high. So we earn a good profit in that.

Only one exchange today does not meet the requirements of investors. Some of them are good for bitcoin and ethereum but some of them are better for tokens. Bittrex for example, a good place for tokens, but not good for major coins.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:28:53 PM

It's called arbitrage trading.  Here's why all the prices aren't the same:

-There's a "spread" on most exchanges, which is the difference between the buy and sell prices.

-Some exchanges have high fees (e.g. Coinbase)

-Some exchanges are dysfunctional (Bitfinex, BTC-E, Chinese exchanges), and some exchanges are also extremely shady/annoying when you move large amounts (BTC-E, Poloniex and more).

Overall doing arbitrage with several exchanges can get very hard.  There are some minor opportunities with the extreme price fluctuations that go on, but they're gone very fast.  I don't recommend you get involved unless you know what you're doing or you can trade with foreign exchanges (like South Korea).

good pointers sir
i also trade in multiple accounts first yes for arbitade purpose but now with high fees and traffic i seldom do arbitrade
but its an advantage having accounts on different platforms i do trade most of the times on poloniex but sometimes the market moves so fast and sometimes its laggy
bittrex is also a good platforms it has more altcoins compare to poloniex
i also have accounts on ccex and yobit sometimes its also okay risking on this platforms, theres profit on shitcoins sometimes haha
i also have accounts in livecoin and crytopia
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Yes, if coin not available on one market i will search alternative exchanges to trade my altcoin also if you are using arbitration strategy, trade at multiple exchanges is important to see the gap between each market.
Trade at multiple exchanges often give more benefits at the times when the price of bitcoin at one exchange is higher than the other one so in this case we buy bitcoin at one exchange and sell them on the other where the price is high. So we earn a good profit in that.

Only one exchange today does not meet the requirements of investors. Some of them are good for bitcoin and ethereum but some of them are better for tokens. Bittrex for example, a good place for tokens, but not good for major coins.

It takes a good arbitrage strategy in this case, I prefer to trade bitcoin in local market because it can convert directly to fiat/idr, but for altcoin I usually trade in 1-3 markets every week, price difference and volume offered make profit become doubled but we also have to allocate big amount of altcoin with the calculation of fee transaction for proper profit calculation.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:58:40 PM

It takes a good arbitrage strategy in this case, I prefer to trade bitcoin in local market because it can convert directly to fiat/idr, but for altcoin I usually trade in 1-3 markets every week, price difference and volume offered make profit become doubled but we also have to allocate big amount of altcoin with the calculation of fee transaction for proper profit calculation.
I do see only very few people are sharing about successful arbitrage tarding and most of the people are holding accounts in multiple exchange just for the reason of finding their preferred trading pairs.

What about your profit ratio for your effort on finding for arbitrage trading. Because I tried many times but I'm not successful to figure out any big price gaps so that I can also make use of arbitrage strategy. After long disappointment, I stopped looking for any such opportunity.
fujyo86

Activity: 253

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:36:35 PM

I trade on only 1 exchanges. Other exchanges i use as a comparison only. Due to the length of confirmation process makes it difficult to move balance from one exchanges to another exchanges.
shirazteam110

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

i attempt both thing  when u want money sell it when u dont want then in Wallet
investinator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:26:00 PM

I trade on only 1 exchanges. Other exchanges i use as a comparison only. Due to the length of confirmation process makes it difficult to move balance from one exchanges to another exchanges.

It doesn't really take that long and you can have a portion of your wealth on different exchanges. The most typical example and reason for this is if you want to invest in a coin that isn't on your primary exchange. That's why I use bitfinex, poloniex, bittrex, kraken and liqui all at the same time.
Ragmer

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:54:44 AM

Sometimes I use another exchange to sell my coins as the exchange I used doesn't accept that coins. But I don't usually use multiple exchanges to trade.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:53:26 PM

It doesn't really take that long and you can have a portion of your wealth on different exchanges. The most typical example and reason for this is if you want to invest in a coin that isn't on your primary exchange. That's why I use bitfinex, poloniex, bittrex, kraken and liqui all at the same time.

I guess it's a good thing to have btc balances on several exchanges and trade with it on those platforms though transferring balances from one exchange to another would be quite challenging. There are exchanges that take a long time and the fees are more expensive right now compared to last year. I trade in yobit, polo and sometimes in bittrex but i don't transfer balances anymore. They stay where they are and i just trade in their respective platforms.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:29:00 AM

It is not better to use one exchange platform only if you are  traders in bitcoin world.
I just remembered what I read here in the forum saying that don't put your eggs in one basket just like in exchange sites platform.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:45:01 AM

I tried to trade for two exchanges only and there's no way for me to become confident trading with a lot of them.

As of today, I just want to focus only with one exchange because I just find it odd to trade and I'm comfortable  only with one exchange.

But others are taking advantage for trading with many exchange.

cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

Yes. I trade at multiple exchange but do not arbitrage.

There's a team that ICO'd last month that aims to capitalize on this. All profits from the arbitrage that will be performed by their bot will be returned 100% to all token holders. Since the dev team is also token holders, they'll profit as well if they make a good bot.

https://www.rialto.ai/
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/rialto/

Lucky I got some ICO tokens as the token price is appreciating even with the recent downturn, I will buy more if I have more money.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:00:31 AM

The answer is i do, traded at multiple exchangers can be easy to apply the strategy arbitrase in trading altcoins, if there are different price of altcoins or bitcoins between the exchangers, that is easy method to getting fast profit without analisys technical to makes prediction of price, unfortunately the gap of price seldom happen every time.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:58:37 PM

Yes I used to love to arbitrage between the exchanges, especially the ones that deals with different national currencies as their primary targets.

I used to arbitrage between the high volume trading exchanges and the low volume ones. Usualy the low volume was a lot slower than the high ones, so you could sell before anyone else does if the price is going down, and vice versa if the price was going up.

I do not do that anymore because that kind of a volture behaviour had made feel bad about myself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: