Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:30:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Support bitcoin adoption in Mongolia  (Read 5094 times)
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:12:35 PM

I like what you are doing.

PM me know, if you need any media support or connections in US, Canada, China, CIS and EU - we can help you both with publications, political networking and business connections.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

PM me know, if you need any media support or connections in US, Canada, China, CIS and EU - we can help you both with publications, political networking and business connections.

Just to be clear, you are offering that person a paid service if they give you money, or you are wanting to help that project get started and are not asking for any money?
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:32:02 PM

Update:  First Mongolian Bitcoin community site is live now.    Recruiting lieutenants.

mongolbitcoin.com

A comment on format.

If you go through coin websites you will see a lot of coins that have their own forums, bulletin boards, and other sites that have forums on coins. You will notice that very few of them are successful, very few have many visitors.

One that has had good traffic from the start is bitcointalk, this forum. So from the outset you know they did something right, and you might look at their site, this site, and start by using a similar format, then modify it based on what you think is an improvement. You copied the favicon from this site, which most people would say was not a good idea since favicons are usually unique to a site, but did not copy what would have been more sensible, the format. Bitcointalk seems to use https://www.simplemachines.org/ which they credit on the top right of each page, free open source. The maker of your forum software is unclear, a person would have to click around and find out.

Also language is a bit clumsily handled if it were a western site. Here it is more common to offer translations of a site, usually a flag on the top right that represents various languages. There is a lot of free software that will do rough translations and many content management systems, like forum software, have language modules to make that easier. Perhaps in Mongolia it is more normal to have multiple languages mixed together, in which case it might be correct what you are doing.  

Yes, It looks raw. But I will improve it step by step.
I had no time to translate it entirely because I lost whole day debugging and configuring it.
For language issues, My local folks adapted to foreign language, if you walk on Ulaanbaatar's street you will see many banners and names written by English. And 1 million Mongolians were using Facebook's English version until 2014. So I thought they're ok with it for a while.
Sure thing is I will finish site's translation for respect of my mother language.! and I'm not forgetting beloved open sourcism, I will pay respect for it.
Thanks for your advice though.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:45:53 PM

Sounds great! Thanks for your help and alliance.
These projects will need and involve many people around the globe no matter what is their country.
PM sent
Sex Video Chat VKcams.com

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

http://VKcams.com/

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:58:30 PM

Are You thinking, that someone will start buying goods for BTC in Mongolia?

http://VKcams.com/ - FREE Sex Video BITCOIN Chat
Wintorez

Activity: 109
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:59:23 PM

Sounds great! Thanks for your help and alliance.
These projects will need and involve many people around the globe no matter what is their country.
PM sent
I've always believed that the popularity with Bitcoin always depends on the users themselves. Only we can increasingly spread its use in the world, transferring knowledge to one another. I think that Asian countries, such as Mongolia, can actually improve their well-being thanks to the crypto currency.

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:16:28 PM

I think that Asian countries, such as Mongolia, can actually improve their well-being thanks to the crypto currency.

What You need from there?

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:39:52 PM

I think that Asian countries, such as Mongolia, can actually improve their well-being thanks to the crypto currency.

Has that grass been cut? Or eaten by animals? Or is it something other than grass?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:45:38 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 11:25:04 PM by tvbcof

Bitcointalk seems to use https://www.simplemachines.org/ which they credit on the top right of each page, free open source. The maker of your forum software is unclear, a person would have to click around and find out.

Theymos had an interest in upgrading the forum with a pretty much from-scratch implementation early on.  Most likely a result of finding that he had half a million or so (in USD terms) to spend on it and the LAMP stack site was being hacked or hijacked every fortnight or so.  He did do at least some non-trivial work on it I believe, but much such things are not very obvious.

My information is mostly just foggy recollection from years ago on the meta section, and I was never a close follower of this stuff.  Assuming he didn't spend it all, the $0.5M is likely a much bigger number by this time.

For history buffs, this site started out as a part of the BitCoin dot Org Forum and was initially set up by a guy who went by Sirus (iirc.)  The guy was WAY early in Bitcoin but seemingly of marginal technical ability.  After one of the hijacks he handed it over to Theymos (or Thermos as I prefer to call him Wink )  Theymos was himself a very early bitcoiner and with some technical skill.  Sirus claims to have taken his early-adopter proceeds from Bitcoin and bought himself a condo (somewhere in Europe) and washed his hands of things.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:30:55 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 01:57:55 PM by BitcoinMongolia

Has that grass been cut? Or eaten by animals? Or is it something other than grass?

Grass has been cut by our 61 million livestocks.  Number of grasscutters growing steadily each year.

@VKcam
Depends on what do you want.
Do you want worldwide crypto adoption? Do you want crypto safe-haven country? Do you want to help others?
or Do you want to make money by selling hot camgirl videos to Mongolians but looks poor customers?  
if you think Mongolia is poor, some global sharks disagrees.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:58:11 PM

videos

Live show cam2cam for free.
Do You understand what it mean?

I think mongolian camgirls are awaiable, at least with kazakh language.

It's fun to see You talking about some "adoption of BTC in Mongolia", at the moment when no one is interested in buying services in BTC.
All the shit is running in the adoption of some exchanger payment system and nothing more.

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:58:45 PM

...  Sirus claims to have taken his early-adopter proceeds from Bitcoin and bought himself a condo (somewhere in Europe) and washed his hands of things.

Considering Europeans, and what happened to Assange, he should have bought a box of them.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:53:29 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 06:33:25 PM by BitcoinMongolia

videos

Live show cam2cam for free.
Do You understand what it mean?

I think mongolian camgirls are awaiable, at least with kazakh language.

It's fun to see You talking about some "adoption of BTC in Mongolia", at the moment when no one is interested in buying services in BTC.
All the shit is running in the adoption of some exchanger payment system and nothing more.

Are you complaining about Mongolians should offer something valuable in exchange of Bitcoin?, I promise we will figure it out.
or you're worried because Mongolians gonna hoard your precious Bitcoin and HODL? Cheesy

And you didn't consider that we can buy our own services in cryptocurrency.
I used to spend bitcoin to buy VPS servers in germany 5 years ago.  
so I can buy Mongolian hosting services or order tickets accepting cryptocurrency.
It's my plan to support businesses to accept cryptocurrency.

I wrote this in first post

SOCIAL PROJECTS:

5. Present bitcoin use cases in Mongolian situations.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:42:27 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 06:57:32 PM by BitcoinMongolia

But my primary goal is more than just support business affairs.
If I'm not wrong Bitcoin and Blockchain can provide us more democracy in many sectors.
I have to be like entrepreneur to get succeed, not to threat sharks and start battle.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:58:35 PM

I used to spend bitcoin to buy VPS servers in germany 5 years ago.  

So, in 5 Years You have no need to use BTC, and notthing happend to You.

Right idea, they need VPS servers.

Tell better, how is possible become services or products in Ulan Bator today, spending some electronic money?

BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:58:19 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2017, 02:18:03 AM by BitcoinMongolia

I didn't hoard, I enjoyed the idea that no bank, borderless, hassle-free payment system and spent them all to experience
that idea when it was very cheap. I didn't understand blockchain and its capabilites at first.

For service and product things, You'll see soon

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:27:17 AM

and think we don't need crypto

If no one is asking for payments other than in tugric, why You thik that is useful?

BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:43:37 AM

and think we don't need crypto

If no one is asking for payments other than in tugric, why You thik that is useful?

2 things comes first.

1. We want to swap money globally cheaper ways. Receiving money in Mongolia from your oversea friends are very costly.
Paypal blocked us, only swift and western union, moneygram. it's nightmare and 20th century thing

2. We don't have payment system like paypal, dwolla or Square to exchange tugrics electronically.
Why we didn't make it? damn banksters.

Only local payments are not enough if they're made, We need a system connected to whole world like Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:24:17 AM

have payment system like

I think, that epayments is 100% working in Mongolia.
Seems Skrill is working too.

The exchange rates and fees of exchangers are eating a big part of transfered funds, if they are in electronic money, other of that there is volatility issue.

PeterTheGrape

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:55:17 AM

The exchange rates and fees of exchangers are eating a big part of transfered funds, if they are in electronic money, other of that there is volatility issue.

There were some coins built on some blockchain to mimic usd and cny. A person could use smart contracts to tie any stable fiat to a coin. Somebody could also make a 'national cryptocurrency' even though those usually turn out bad. But if they were issued to each person based on a national id it might work out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: