Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Support bitcoin adoption in Mongolia  (Read 5102 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:45:07 AM

I'm running this bitcoin campaign for fighting against wildfire in Mongolia.

Heatwave hit us so bad this year, Drought and wildfires getting out of control.

Our government and fire brigades failed to contain this disaster then Mongolian youths volunteering to save their tiny forests from wildfire.

If it turns out that Bitcoin related efforts outperform government organized ones, I would suggest not to make to much of it in case it causes some ressentment.  Nobody likes to be shown up, and especially not those who consider themselves to be the leaders of society.

Although I have no idea where things stand currently, I would expect that it is still the case that getting govt officials (corrupt and otherwise) hooked on using Bitcoin for their own purposes is of value.  The very simple reason for this is that if these persons become dependant on Bitcoin for their own purposes, they will be much less interested and vigiourous in cracking down on Bitcoin in the future.  At the end of the day the net balance of such a dynamic could tip the scales toward it being practical to have adoption by common people (which I hope would be a good thing, but am not totally certain.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

Social movement was huge success. 2 months-long wildfire disappeared from NASA's satellite image within just 2 days. Unbelievable.
Organizers had no interest in alternative funding solutions and felt good with donations coming through bank transfer.
I received 50$ worth of bitcoin and donated them to National Emergency Agency after volunteers stopped funding abruptly.
Some bitcoiners I know worked in fire zones and rest of them donated from overseas
It was first bitcoin campaign in Mongolia and simple introduction.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:04:32 PM

thank you. i am from there and i will support the campaign.

I would donate some as well, but if the fires problems have been resolved it's not of as high of value.

The win I see here would be in pointing out the value of being able to translate value between BTC and other currency vehicles.  More than that, the damage that is done when such translations are interfered with by legislative and enforcement means.  Of course the other win would be to put out fires and save people's homes!

I would be interested to know of future similar opportunities which come along.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:26:58 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 01:07:03 AM by BitcoinMongolia

thank you. i am from there and i will support the campaign.

I would donate some as well, but if the fires problems have been resolved it's not of as high of value.

The win I see here would be in pointing out the value of being able to translate value between BTC and other currency vehicles.  More than that, the damage that is done when such translations are interfered with by legislative and enforcement means.  Of course the other win would be to put out fires and save people's homes!

I would be interested to know of future similar opportunities which come along.

I think it's completed successfully. Maybe the biggest social campaign in last decades.
and we needed trusted service or platforms to run crowdfunding. There are some reasons behind volunteers stopped donation.
I will be happy to support if our local folks grabs similar concept instead of pursuing trendy things like AI and Big data etc.

BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:10:01 PM

It was hard to find bitcoin buyer within short amount of time specially when bitcoin's price was falling.
Buying and selling bitcoin is still not easy thing by now.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:04:00 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 03:27:37 PM by BitcoinMongolia

This is just a situational report about Bitcoin adoption in Mongolia, and I'm still alive and preparing to release something.

This summer was kind of explosion to compare with previous years.
It seems like my humble bitcoin site and this topic here pressed the panic button of many business guys. Accelerated everything and Greed done the most things.
Some wants to become Bitcoin Jesus and some of them imagines me like future competitor.
One of them promised fake donation if i report every step of my plan so he can copy it. LOL

I was bit happy when longest running bitcoin exchange was handling their operations through Mongolia. https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/882642461545385985
BTC-e was cheapest and fast source to buy bitcoin from Mongolia though.
Unfortunately they clamped down by FBI in July then came back like boss with huge losses. still severely damaged.
I think it's political war between Trump and Putin rather simple cyber crime arrests.

Good news is we have Bitcoin exchange opening in Mongolia soon, They partnered with unknown Chinese exchange.
I doubt they got any permission from our Central Bank or Financial Regulators this so fast.
If they won't get banned, I'm so sure that crypto exchanges will grow everywhere like mushrooms in Mongolia.
It will be interesting to see reactions of our banksters in upcoming months. Actually I noticed some fears when Mongolian Bloomberg began to bombard with negative and fake news about Bitcoin,
Some news was completely different translations and intentionally skewed from main Bloomberg news.
It raised my eyebrows until I discovered that they had partially owned by most evil bank in Mongolia.

Bad news is Onecoin has began to flourish again and more Onecoin victims than Bitcoin users by now. Maybe 1000 victims at least.
They boast about 10k registered members in Mongolia. Lack of Bitcoin supply worsened this unfortunate event.
So Onecoin came to fill this vacuum easily. It had no blockchain and it wasn't crypto.  Just a web site with mysql database when i visited their brainwashing seminar.
I gave social media warnings and bunch of verbal assaults in return. People are so blinded by greed. Police turned a blind eye to it even though we have laws against pyramid scheme.
If they release their own cryptocurrency version next year as promised, It will be one of the biggest ponzi in history of crypto, I guess

I didn't go out this summer and had no parties, I completely dedicated all of my time to learning blockchain and smart contracts.
Satoshi's work was the most jaw-droppingly awesome thing I never seen before.
It gave me mind-blows everyday. Now I'm very close to reaching my goals.

arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:18:21 AM

I am interested. Check your mail.

BCH
Maria_Martin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:18:12 AM

Very interesting project, but you need some business-plan. How you can have a success? It's very difficult.
Harbardr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:02:07 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 12:14:17 PM by Harbardr

Yes, very interesting project.

I would be very interested in hearing more about your upcoming developments and plans. What kind of traction is your project getting now? I see that your site is up.

What are your thoughts on FUD by Mongolian Bloomberg? Any plans to further warn people about Onecoin?
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:52:50 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 09:22:00 AM by BitcoinMongolia

Very interesting project, but you need some business-plan. How you can have a success? It's very difficult.

All these projects are possible with adequate funding and good team. I will start from easy to hard.  Now I'm writing white paper for easiest one.

Yes, very interesting project.

I would be very interested in hearing more about your upcoming developments and plans. What kind of traction is your project getting now? I see that your site is up.

What are your thoughts on FUD by Mongolian Bloomberg? Any plans to further warn people about Onecoin?

Whole summer was deep diving into blockchain programming and smart contracts. I can summon Kraken anytime. Smiley
I didn't dedicate enough time to my site but it has 100k duplicate views and 5k unique visits by now.

TDB (bank) owns some parts of Mongolian Bloomberg shares.
No doubt it's their dirty job or maybe editors having some personal hatred, but it can be handled with effective propaganda tools to oppose them.
I keep bashing Onecoin over social media. Finally It reached some guys and our Central bank warned clearly saying Onecoin is ponzi.
Strangely it didn't influence much. Crime is not crime until victims files complaints in our law. Apparently very few people suing them or nobody.
Next time I will send emails to all media and journalists. I will keep continue bashing them.
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:54:21 PM

Mongolia s a vast desert nation and i beleve they can be great again considering history of Mr Khang and his empire i ve love your idea and hope to support you some day. Am an admirer but lets see what you offer the market first
kkent

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:29:42 PM

Hello Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency supporters!.

I'm a Mongolian tech guy who wants to dedicate his life to start and develop cryptocurrency revolution in Mongolia.
I was waiting for years to see other people start these projects in Mongolia.
But nobody did because very few tech-savvy people know about bitcoin by now.
So I decided to take initiative and raising fund for these social projects.
Your support will be huge impact on our society and Mongolia's future.
If you want to support, please donate.

SOCIAL PROJECTS:

1. Create daily news site or educational blog dedicated to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies.
2. Create bitcoin community and build sites like bitcointalk.org
3. Establish a nonprofit organization like Bitcoin Foundation.
4. Train developers how to use and develop cryptocurrency technology.
5. Present bitcoin use cases in Mongolian situations.

BUSINESS PROJECTS:

1. start blockchain and bitcoin startup company in Mongolia.
2. develop escrow site to stop bad guys.
3. develop cryptocurrency exchange site.
4. Blockchain payment system to promote internet business and commerce.

BENEFITS AND IMPACTS:

1. Will stop bank monopoly which has too much control.
2. Will remove barriers of accepting money from other countries.
3. Hundreds or Thousands of jobs will be created because of cryptocurrency.
4. Countless others.

DONATE:

Bitcoin:      18Y4bRB6PdoC1GTf6EjmuoH3MFrHJvwoD4                

Ethereum:   0x313f8cbecc40b972a5b303f08154410043768c78

Litecoin:     LhAs6G4Q9KdssiRsBED9kQFsQfmKK7C3mT

Blog:               http://bitcoinmongolia.blogspot.com/

Email:              bitcoinmongolia@gmail.com

Twitter:           http://twitter.com/btcmongolia

FACEBOOK:      http://facebook.com/mongolianbitcoin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

12 June 2017

First Mongolian Bitcoin community site is live now. Recruiting lieutenants.

mongolbitcoin.com

15 June 2017

First donation came from a Bitcointalk member.
I'm so happy that people understands me and extent of projects.
I know that risky nature of giving donation to unknown guy on internet.
I think he is an ordinary guy with tech background like me. So we understood each other easily.
His contribution is vital supply to move projects forward and enabled me to dedicate full time.
I didn't receive his donation via project's address because of some privacy.
He will be remembered forever and I will honour everybody who is willing to do good cause.

For the people by the people.!

21 June 2017

Project leader is now full-time crypto revolutionary.

It is going to be difficult to receive donations without further verification that this a legitimate thing, and not just someone's attempt at scamming people out of their cryptocurrency.
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:55:17 PM

Insist in your efforts and you may become the satoshi of Mongolia.  However as far as I know tawwhere are already huge mining farmer made by the Chinese in your country.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
cointabo

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:16:29 PM

Insist in your efforts and you may become the satoshi of Mongolia.  However as far as I know tawwhere are already huge mining farmer made by the Chinese in your country.

He will never be anything like Satoshi. The dude is a jerk.
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:27:29 AM

Support Bitcoin adoption in Mongolia and everywhere Bitcoin is not widely used and adopted, it takes the efforts of the world to bring crypto to full manifestation sooner.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:16:26 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 02:00:41 PM by BitcoinMongolia

Insist in your efforts and you may become the satoshi of Mongolia.  However as far as I know tawwhere are already huge mining farmer made by the Chinese in your country.

He will never be anything like Satoshi. The dude is a jerk.

Kid. I need good team, You're bad.

If you're better than just shit-talking, Do something awesome.
BitcoinMongolia (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:17:43 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 03:42:20 PM by BitcoinMongolia

Insist in your efforts and you may become the satoshi of Mongolia.  However as far as I know tawwhere are already huge mining farmer made by the Chinese in your country.

Funny thing is my facebook username is 'Satoshi Nakamoto'. Now I run crypto community of 10k people.

I was careful to exposing my real identity so I needed some fictitious names. It's just my respect and tribute to great man.

I'm not doing this for money and fame.

I know that Chinese guys entered into Mongolia since Chinese government banned crypto.  Approximately 10-20K antminers running in Mongolia.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: