Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That moment when you buy 1BTC at $2500  (Read 13218 times)
FanatMonet

Activity: 742
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:41:14 AM

In a couple of years you will be able to tell your friends what a profitable deal you made by buying BTC at a price of $ 2500. If there is free money, then do not sell BTC for 5-10 years and, Perhaps you will have an island in the Caribbean Wink

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:53:18 AM

There is no question that I hold on to my Bitcoin because I am sure that days ahead it would soon be arriving at the 3K level and I would get back my money if I would then at that new level or much better I would continue on holding to my Bitcoin until it reached the 5K level.

One of the many ways to lost money in cryptocurrency is panicking...believe me it happened to me in the past and even recently. This is one big enemy we have to conquer first before playing in the crypto-market.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:15:35 AM

That moment when you buy 1BTC at $2500, and then 3 days later someone buys it at $2000. But I'm guessing that it's the risk involved in investing, so what do I do now? Sell? Or hold on them?
This will show that you are risking your money without knowing if you can earn a profit of not. If you think the price is still low value so try to buy bitcoin then wait for the price go up then it is the right time to sell your bitcoin. That was only the logic of buying and selling the bitcoin. If you have any doubt doing those things so cease in your home and watch your favorite movie. We need people that can contribute on bitcoin industry. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:19:30 AM

That moment when you buy 1BTC at $2500, and then 3 days later someone buys it at $2000. But I'm guessing that it's the risk involved in investing, so what do I do now? Sell? Or hold on them?

You need to learn a lot about crypto my friend. Real investors re incredibly patient. You need to have nerves of steel if you want to make money in this business. So, dont sell, it ll double in a year time. Just store it safely and forget about it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:26:36 AM

It's all a part of trading. Sometimes you make a profit and sometimes you lose. When you sell there is always someone else buying. Trading is a negative sum game if you add up all the fees involved with it. It's always risky when you buy after a extremely high pump.

I would say that sell at least 60-70% of it now since the price hasn't decreased all that much when you bought it, and hold the rest for the next halving. The current pump makes the people who bought at the last ATH of $1300 ish look smart.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:22:44 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 12:36:55 PM by deisik

I've been holding for 5 years. Here's how I would look at it.

Either Bitcoin becomes insanely high in value and $USD price or it goes to Zero. You are prepared for this before you enter the market.

If Bitcoin fails, you lost $2500, but the odds of it succeeding grow with every day that it continues to exist.

Pretend that every Bitcoin you purchase is going to be worth $50,000 (for example).

You just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500. Do you realize that?

This is an approach practiced by many bag holders

It may be comforting to your hurt ego or whatever, but it doesn't allow you to earn profits and prevent losses. I guess many holders of shit coins are thinking along the same lines refusing to face the ugly truth, i.e. that they lost and this is for real. This is not to say that Bitcoin is a shit coin, this is to show how wrong such an approach is. If you see that you are losing, you shouldn't comfort yourself with delusions like "you just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500" (even if somewhere in the distant future Bitcoin will cost that much), you should try to wriggle yourself out of losses, even if that means selling at a loss. Not selling and hoping for the best may give a warm feeling, but in general this doesn't work (though it may work out once or twice), and ultimately you will be cornered

Oh I'm sure it is delusional thinking in some cases. I've sold a few shit coins at a loss don't worry!

My opinion however, is why even invest if you have absolutely zero conviction? Don't be married to your investments, I get that, but buying at $2500 and then immediately bailing because the price went down is just ridiculous and shows that one shouldn't be investing in the first place

If this conviction (as you call it) or rather confidence is not based on anything real, then it is no more than gambling. But my point is not about that. It is not even about selling as such (the point which I addressed specifically in my previous post in the thread), it is about getting rid of both false hope and false hopelessness. In this case, most users are advising to hold in the (likely futile) hope that price will revert and revenge. It may not but even if it will it is still not the optimal strategy. Apart from that, 500 dollars of decline is not something which you could discard as something insignificant

And still less as ridiculous

5bernardorios2

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:23:44 AM

Well, they were 0.07 cents when I joined  Grin
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:09:41 AM

I've been holding for 5 years. Here's how I would look at it.

Either Bitcoin becomes insanely high in value and $USD price or it goes to Zero. You are prepared for this before you enter the market.

If Bitcoin fails, you lost $2500, but the odds of it succeeding grow with every day that it continues to exist.

Pretend that every Bitcoin you purchase is going to be worth $50,000 (for example).

You just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500. Do you realize that?

This is an approach practiced by many bag holders

It may be comforting to your hurt ego or whatever, but it doesn't allow you to earn profits and prevent losses. I guess many holders of shit coins are thinking along the same lines refusing to face the ugly truth, i.e. that they lost and this is for real. This is not to say that Bitcoin is a shit coin, this is to show how wrong such an approach is. If you see that you are losing, you shouldn't comfort yourself with delusions like "you just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500" (even if somewhere in the distant future Bitcoin will cost that much), you should try to wriggle yourself out of losses, even if that means selling at a loss. Not selling and hoping for the best may give a warm feeling, but in general this doesn't work (though it may work out once or twice), and ultimately you will be cornered

Oh I'm sure it is delusional thinking in some cases. I've sold a few shit coins at a loss don't worry!

My opinion however, is why even invest if you have absolutely zero conviction? Don't be married to your investments, I get that, but buying at $2500 and then immediately bailing because the price went down is just ridiculous and shows that one shouldn't be investing in the first place

If this conviction (as you call it) or rather confidence is not based on anything real, than it is no more than gambling. But my point is not about that. It is not even about selling as such (the point which I addressed specifically in my previous post in the thread), it is about getting rid of both false hope and false hopelessness. In this case, most users are advising to hold in the (likely futile) hope that price will revert and revenge. It may not but even if it will it is still not the optimal strategy. Apart from that, 500 dollars is not something which you could discard as something insignificant

And still less as ridiculous

That's why you need to be a smart and wise user rathern than just hoping that one day the alt coin you have brought would undergo a risw in price for a hundred fold but you don't have some knowledge, information, news that will support this instead you are just hoping like gambling as you said. If you have bought because you are positive that the price would rise to higher heights like Bitcoin which is supported with the acceptance of dufferent countries especially those who have strong economic prowess and the users would increase together with the demand and price is surely a logical reason you have there.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:46:46 AM

will hits 10000 soon hold, don't worry

back here after the boom in 2013
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:04:07 AM

Dont sell your bitcoin, hold hold hold!

Its so easy to get caught up in the recent rise, you ask yourself
"should I get in now before it rises even further and I miss the boat"

it all comes down to patience as mentioned above, if the value
falls, wait untill it rises again but you have to realise it could be
weeks or months before it rises again.

same as buying low and waiting for the price to rise, it could take time!!

dont panic.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:18:03 AM

Thats the risk of investing in bitcoin you cant really predict when is the right time to buy but if i were you i will hold them and never sell as ive said you cant predict the price so maybe tomorrow there is changes that you never expected. thats part of being an investor so dont be discourage.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:24:43 AM

If I were you I would just try to get more money out of that 1 BTC so that I got more to hold through trading. If you are not familiar with it yet OP, just do what the others have said so far, to hold what you got now who nows maybe bitcoin price would be 2600$ tomorrow or next week so I guess if you don't want to do trading, hold it but if you want to sell now, go ahead there are many things that you can do using your money now if you really need it.
Kompodd

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:26:29 AM

Of course, to keep then to make a profit, and not go to a loss. This sometimes happens to those who did not have time to buy coins cheaper and thought for too long.

Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:35:04 AM

Just simply hold them. We all know what bitcoin is capable of. It has the ability to bounce back from a crash. Bitcoin is very volatile in nature. Better hold them. because we don't know, it pump in the next days. Have patience. That's what i meant to say. Right now, it bounce back again to $2200. Its still not bad tho.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 12:46:11 PM

If you have bought because you are positive that the price would rise to higher heights like Bitcoin which is supported with the acceptance of dufferent countries especially those who have strong economic prowess and the users would increase together with the demand and price is surely a logical reason you have there

This is certainly not enough

In fact, what you refer to (acceptance of different countries) is not a logical reason but only your assumption. Basically, you assume that Bitcoin will get wider acceptance in the future and thus Bitcoin price will rise. I agree that it will rise if Bitcoin is adopted everywhere, but whether it will actually expand remains to be seen though (read we can only hope for that). As you can see, this is nowhere near being a logical reason. If it truly were one, it would make perfect sense to buy now, when the price is supposedly low (and buy even more if it went lower)

olliedickman

Activity: 218

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:02:14 PM

You need to learn a lot about crypto my friend. Real investors re incredibly patient. You need to have nerves of steel if you want to make money in this business. So, dont sell, it ll double in a year time. Just store it safely and forget about it.
yeah that is right, all we need is to be patient and we will earn money from bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. That is what true investors are doing
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:08:23 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 06:54:56 AM by wizmo

It doesn't matter if you bought bitcoins at $2500 or at $2000 if you are going to hold it for long term as you will get more profit in future but for short term I think it does matter but it depends on personal investing technique or luck. If you think about that then the investing isn't for you.
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:23:07 PM

If im a new comer,i would get panic and immediately sell all my bitcoins in order to avoid more loss guessing that the price will go down more.
But since im already familiar with bitcoin from last one year,due to my previous experience,i would just hold my bitcoin since i already know that volatility is the main nature of bitcoin and this is a small fall in price temporarily and bitcoin price is sure to increase.I know very well that i could recover the loss within few days.That makes the difference between new comers and early birds.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 03:26:41 PM

That moment when you bought 1 BTC at $1000 then 1 month later or so you sell it at +$2500 then you buy it again at $2000 and wait to sell it again at a higher price  Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:39:25 PM

If the price of this segment I also dare to buy it, but if I sell at a cheap price I will hold it out
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: