Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your opinion on the BTC/Alt market in an event of a stock market crash?
BTC/Alts rise because these are seen as alternative investment. - 17 (68%)
BTC/Alts fall because these are seen as an even more speculative asset than stocks. - 4 (16%)
Nothing happens - 4 (16%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to BTC/Alts when stock market crashes?  (Read 2857 times)
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:55:12 PM

What is your opinion on the BTC/Alt market in an event of a stock market crash?

1. BTC/Alts rise because these are seen as alternative investment.

2. BTC/Alts fall because these are seen as an even more speculative asset than stocks.

3. Nothing happens

i think number 1 and number 2 is closed to the right answer although i really don't know amd not sure about the investment that OP said but i see for people which have any of investment, i am sure that they can make returning profit in 2x after their balance have been add into your wallet. by the way, i really agree with the number 1 because if the price is rise, it could make bitcoin and altcoin as alternative payment.

I think Number 3 is a better choice. Stock market has no link with BTC/ALT market. I dont think stock market investors are interested in bitcoin trading market and many be most of them do not know about it. Similarly how many people here who are in bitcoin trading are also involved in stock and forex trading ? i think the number will be very less. Both of them are different markets with different peoples.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:30:36 PM

2. BTC/Alts fall because these are seen as an even more speculative asset than stocks.

3. Nothing happens
It will depend on how the investors and the general public see bitcoin at the time, when a crisis like that happens, people tend to favor hard assets, property, houses, gold, silver, jewelry than soft assets like stocks, paper money, so if people see bitcoin as a hard asset bitcoin is going to reevaluate every hour of the day if not then bitcoin is going to lose a lot of value.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:35:33 PM

What i really think is that people might find bitcoin as an alternative currency and will start investing in it and in the event of a crash in stock exchanges people could always have an alternative which is really good ,only recently we saw big money coming into bitcoin and i hope the trend continues.
Yuuto

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:38:30 PM

3. Nothing happens

I think that bitcoin and altcoins will rise because they are seen as an alternative. we have seen how good altcoins and bitcoin have performed over the past few weeks and wall street people are getting panicky about bitcoin going up and up as they said that a 25k bitcoin is completely BS, but now looks to be a legitimate claim. BUt I think that altcoins won't necessarily be as good a investment when the stock market crashes than bitcoin because bitcoin after all is still the number one crypto and probably will stay this way forever no matter how close ethereum and ripple gets, and that's something that investors look for.
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

People will always find an alternative to make money and if the people who are trading is aware of the crypto market then sure they will try their hand at it and what i noticed is that today all the stock exchanges were in green when all the crypto exchanges went red. Cheesy
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:10:48 AM

3. Nothing happens

I would say that 3, nothing happens.

Mainly because stock markets and cryptocurrencies are completely two different unrelated things. Most stock market players don't even use bitcoins and most bitcoin users don't play on the stock market, because they play in altcoins already.

There shouldn't be any direct correlation to btc except the strength of the dollar that is affected by the stock market.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:45:42 AM

3. Nothing happens

I would say that 3, nothing happens.

Mainly because stock markets and cryptocurrencies are completely two different unrelated things. Most stock market players don't even use bitcoins and most bitcoin users don't play on the stock market, because they play in altcoins already.

There shouldn't be any direct correlation to btc except the strength of the dollar that is affected by the stock market.
You are right that they are unrelated so I chooses 3rd option in the poll too because I also think that they are two unrelated things so therefore, nothing happens. If there will be some effect it will have on bitcoin it will be little unless the whales of stock market would invest in bitcoin too which I think would not happen. If that happens bitcoin will surely rise but I don't see it happening soon this year or next year.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:22:21 AM

the no.3 is the best option i can see, because stock market and bitcoin/altcoin merkets isn't related to each other so it won't affect the bitcoin price if the stock market crashes. no 1 is also a good choice because if the stock market crashes the people will go to bitcoin because for them bitcoin is an alternative asset.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:23:44 AM

People will always find an alternative to make money and if the people who are trading is aware of the crypto market then sure they will try their hand at it and what i noticed is that today all the stock exchanges were in green when all the crypto exchanges went red. Cheesy

That is a fact since a trader will always be a trader. It has become an obsession and if the stock market crashes they will surely shift immediately to cryptocurrency market and trade there. If the stock market crashes then we will be seeing bitcoin hitting a million per coin But let us not wish for a stock market crash since it will affect all of us even the non traders and non-stock holders.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:49:08 AM

The price of bitcoins and altcoins doesn't related to the stock market so if there is pump or crash happens in the stock market then nothing happen to the bitcoin and altcoin because they are too far related to that and if the stock market investors or traders will find bitcoin then it will help the bitcoin and altcoins to pump its price because of being solid and stable market.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:45:01 AM

What i really think is that people might find bitcoin as an alternative currency and will start investing in it and in the event of a crash in stock exchanges people could always have an alternative which is really good ,only recently we saw big money coming into bitcoin and i hope the trend continues.
This already happen I think in places like Argentina and Venezuela where people decide to use bitcoin as a way to store the value of their money due to the great devaluation they were suffering through the mismanagement of the governments of the economy of those countries, however this was mostly a local event, I do not know what will happen if this becomes global.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: