Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low Hashrate Mining Ethereum with GeForce GTX 1070 on MinerGate  (Read 59201 times)
FuryFever (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:02:22 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2017, 07:21:28 PM by FuryFever

I am not sure if anyone else mines on MinerGate for Ethereum (or other altcoins as they support a lot of them!), but I have been beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure out why my hashrate is so low mining with a GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card.  I just started getting into trying to mine Ethereum with my new gaming rig.  I did a bunch of research on how to start mining Ethereum and I came across MinerGate as a pool that I could mine ETH on.  I thought that it was pretty cool that they had their own mining software as well to handle mining to my account for me.  So I downloaded and installed their MinerGate v.6.6 software as well as NVidia CUDA v.8.0.61 SDK (although it says that I cannot install Nsight because I do not have any compatible versions of Microsoft VisualStudio installed, which I am not sure if I need or not?).  I also installed GETH v.1.6.1 and Mist 0.8.10, although now I am not sure as if I even needed to install them unless I was planning to solo mine directly on the Ethereum blockchain instead of mining on a pool?

For reference, my gaming rig is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296 on an Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz SkyLake CPU with 32GB Crucial Ballistix RAM and an ASUS STRIX ROG GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Video Card.

In any event, once I got everything installed and setup on my computer, I ran MinerGate to see how well my setup would mine.  After disabling "Smart Mining" (which automatically starts mining whatever altcoin it feels you will have the best results with, which is annoying that it starts that by default...), I manually started mining Ethereum.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try to CPU mine at the same time that I GPU mine, so I enabled both to see what I could get out of my rig.  However, all I am able to get out of MinerGate is about 420-440kH/s from my CPU (running on all 8 threads - as it is a 4 core, 8 threaded processor) and 8.75-9.25MH/s from my GPU (running on Intensity 4)!  When I Googled what the estimated hashrate that my Video Card should be capable of mining Ethereum, it says that I should be averaging 25MH/s!!!  I also tried disabling CPU mining just in case that was bottlenecking my system, but at best I only got about a 0.25-0.50MH/s boost from GPU mining only with my computer.  So, why am I not able to mine on MinerGate at even 10MH/s when it says that my Video Card should be capable of mining at a much higher hashrate than that?  At this point it seems like I'd be better off trying to solo mine if GETH can give me double the hashrate that MinerGate can...

Any help in getting this figured out would be greatly appreciated.  I am very frustrated that I cannot figure out why I cannot get a decent hashrate out of this Video Card!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
no1blue

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:09:45 AM

As I know team Green (NVIDA) should stick to Zcash and team Red (AMD) should stick to Ethereum.
You can switch but it not as good compare to the other team Smiley
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:29:51 AM

I am not sure if anyone else mines on MinerGate for Ethereum (or other altcoins as they support a lot of them!), but I have been beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure out why my hashrate is so low mining with a GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card.  I just started getting into trying to mine Ethereum with my new gaming rig.  I did a bunch of research on how to start mining Ethereum and I came across MinerGate as pool that I could mine ETH on.  I thought that it was pretty cool that they had their own mining software as well to handle mining to my account for me.  So I downloaded and installed their MinerGate v.6.6 software as well as NVidia CUDA v.8.0.61 SDK (although it says that I cannot install Nsight because I do not have any compatible versions of Microsoft VisualStudio installed, which I am not sure if I need or not?).  I also installed GETH v.1.6.1 and Mist 0.8.10, although now I am not sure as if I even needed to install them unless I was planning to solo mine directly on the Ethereum blockchain instead of mining on a pool?

For reference, my gaming rig is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296 on an Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz SkyLake CPU with 32GB Crucial Ballistix RAM and an ASUS STRIX ROG GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Video Card.

In any event, once I got everything installed and setup on my computer, I ran MinerGate to see how well my setup would mine.  After disabling "Smart Mining" (which automatically starts mining whatever altcoin it feels you will have the best results with, which is annoying that it starts that by default...), I manually started mining Ethereum.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try to CPU mine at the same time that I GPU mine, so I enabled both to see what I could get out of my rig.  However, all I am able to get out of MinerGate is about 420-440kH/s from my CPU (running on all 8 threads - as it is a 4 core, 8 threaded processor) and 8.75-9.25MH/s from my GPU (running on Intensity 4)!  When I Googled what the estimated hashrate that my Video Card should be capable of mining Ethereum, it says that I should be averaging 25MH/s!!!  I also tried disabling CPU mining just in case that was bottlenecking my system, but at best I only got about a 0.25-0.50MH/s boost from GPU mining only with my computer.  So, why am I not able to mine on MinerGate at even 10MH/s when it says that my Video Card should be capable of mining at a much higher hashrate than that?  At this point it seems like I'd be better off trying to solo mine if GETH can give me double the hashrate that MinerGate can...

Any help in getting this figured out would be greatly appreciated.  I am very frustrated that I cannot figure out why I cannot get a decent hashrate out of this Video Card!

Dont' go thru minergate download claymore 9.4 read the instruction and mine directly on dwarpool.

Make sure to have your own ethereum wallet address where you can get payouts.
FuryFever (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

Don't go thru minergate, download claymore 9.4 read the instructions and mine directly on Dwarfpool.

Make sure to have your own Ethereum wallet address where you can get payouts.

Is that part of the problem is MinerGate's software is not optimized for GeForce cards or something?  I had heard about using Ethminer to mine with, but then when I tried to research it further, I read that you cannot mine on the current blockchain with Ethminer for some reason.  (Not sure if this had anything to do with the fork of Ethereum that created both ETH and ETC?)  Otherwise, I was coming up short trying to find decent mining software to run in order to try to mine Ethereum with.

I believe that I do already have a separate Ethereum wallet that I can use for mining payouts.  I created a Mist Ethereum wallet and I also have an ETH wallet on Coinbase, but I am not sure if I can use that for mining as Coinbase for some reason advises against using your account for sending mining payouts to.

As far as using Dwarfpool, I had also read to NOT use them as they are accumulating way too much hashing power (close to 50% of the total Ethereum network hashrate, if not more than that now?).  In order to help decentralize the Ethereum blockchain, it is highly advised to find other, smaller pools to mine on.  For BitCoin, I'm mining on Kano's pool as they are still a relatively smaller pool (and they actually have VERY good payouts!).  I wish Kano would also develop an Ethereum Mining Pool (or even for other altcoins as well), but I know that is a lot of work and is probably asking a lot.  If I could mine Ethereum on Kano's Pool though, I definitely would.

-Thanks!

tdipd

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:41:39 PM

dont use minergate own software to mine with gpu. it just not optimized. i am using a gtx 1070 as well. i am using ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.6-pre and it gives me arround 25 MH/s stock mode and 31.1 MS/s overclocked. i am using a minergate pool. search on downloads tab on alternative miners section way down., i hope it helps.

ps. sorry if i misspelled some words. English is not my native language
FuryFever (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:38:00 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 07:52:30 PM by FuryFever

Don't use MinerGate's own software to mine with GPU.  It is just not optimized.  I am using a GTX 1070 as well.  I am using ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.6-pre and it gives me around 25 MH/s in stock mode and about 31.1 MH/s overclocked.  I am still using the MinerGate Pool.  Search in the Downloads tab under the Alternative Miners section way down.  I hope this helps.

Yes, thank you very much for the help, tdipd!  I will definitely look into other options as far as miner software goes.  So, is this Genoil basically the latest stable build of ETHMiner then?  (Otherwise it looks like the "original" ETHMiner cannot be used anymore to mine with, at least from what I read here: https://github.com/ethereum/webthree-umbrella/releases  and here:  https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum.)

It is too bad that MinerGate's own software sucks to mine with because it looked to have a nice interface and it would be great if it actually worked worth a damn!  lol...  Perhaps it works better with Radeon cards, but it just plain sucks with nVidia cards!  Other than their software, how is MinerGate as a Pool in general?  Are their payouts pretty good?  I have heard some complaints from others on these forums (not necessarily about MinerGate in particular) that one pool may report better hashrates mining on it than another and/or people have noticed that their mining revenues are higher for the same hashrate on one pool over another, etc...  Just wondering if it is worth sticking with MinerGate to mine Ethereum on once I am running better mining software or if I should switch to a different pool?

Thank you all for the help so far.  I will look into installing Genoil (or possibly another mining software) on my computer as soon as possible to see if that makes any difference in my mining hashrate with my Video Card.  I will let you know how I make out.

-Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if I misspelled some words.  English is not my native language.

(Actually, you did quite well.  I probably would not have even known that English wasn't your native language unless you mentioned it as I have seen plenty of native English speakers butcher the language pretty badly, lol!  It definitely isn't an easy language to master.  I made some grammatical edits to your original post when I quoted you too so you can see how I changed it to make it read a bit better.  Otherwise, it was pretty good!)

666mrga999

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:00:47 PM

Minergate sucks, they steal hashrate. Use any comandline miners like Claymore.

Thank me later
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:03:44 PM

If you're not quite sure of what you are doing just yet and don't mind being paid in Bitcoins, you should use NiceHash. They are somewhat similar to MinerGate, but allot better and offer way more options for GPU mining. Very easy to use too. www.nicehash.com --- try them out for abit and later if you learn more about how to set things up yourself you can try mining directly to a more traditional pool if you like.
FuryFever (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:36:04 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 08:24:05 PM by FuryFever

Well, thank you all for the feedback, help, and guidance so far! ...

MinerGate sucks, they steal hashrate. Use any command line miners like Claymore.

Thank me later.

Thanks, will do!

If you're not quite sure of what you are doing just yet and don't mind being paid in Bitcoins, you should use NiceHash. They are somewhat similar to MinerGate, but a lot better and offer way more options for GPU mining. Very easy to use too.  www.nicehash.com --- Try them out for a bit and later if you learn more about how to set things up yourself you can try mining directly to a more traditional pool if you like.

Well, it is not so much that I don't know what I am doing (even though I don't REALLY know what I am doing just yet, lol...), it is just that I haven't quite found the best solution to mine Ethereum with using the setup that I have.  This isn't my first time mining in general or anything...  I have been mining BitCoin since 2013 and I have gone through quite a few different miners since then.  I only wish that I had gotten into mining Ethereum years ago when it was $11-$12 before the price really skyrocketed recently...  I would be all set now if I had!  lol...  However, I was still actively working on my BitCoin mining farm trying to get the most out of that and adding new miners, etc...  I think I am finally at the point where I can go no further with my BitCoin mining farm (for now anyways), so that is why I am now turning my attention to Ethereum.

However, unlike BitCoin mining currently, it seems that it is a bit trickier and more time consuming trying to get setup to mine Ethereum.  It's not just like go out and buy a miner, plug it in, configure it to point at your mining pool, and let it run to start earning BitCoins.  There is a little bit more to it than that in order to mine Ethereum and that is what I am trying to figure out now.  I know it may be relatively simple to those of you who have already done it and have been mining Ethereum for years, but when you don't know exactly what to do, it can be confusing to try to figure it out on your own, especially since there is not just one single way to do it and no one way is really the "right way" to do it or anything...

I did look into NiceHash, but I think I will stay away from that as I am already mining BitCoin currently with six AntMiner S9's and one AntMiner S7 in my basement (approximately 87-88TH/s average on the pool right now...).  However, it is an interesting business model, allowing people to rent out their mining equipment (whether they are ASICs, GPUs, or CPUs) to get a steady income of BitCoins.  However, I don't really understand why anyone would do that when you can just mine the currencies yourself with the mining hardware you have and keep all the earnings for yourself?  (Unless for some reason there are some people out there who either don't want to or can't figure out how to mine themselves who are willing to pay more for the hashrate than you can earn from it if you used it to mine with yourself?  But if that is the case, that seems overly opportunistic to take advantage of people like that who don't know any better...)

About the only thing interesting about Nicehash though is that they have their own mining software as well, called Excavator.  I have no idea if it is more optimized than the crappy MinerGate software and will work better or not?  I haven't played around with it either to see if you can use their software to mine on a different pool with so you can keep the Ethereum that you have mined.  With the Ethereum price having gone up as high as it has (and I'm thinking it will continue to go up more in the future), I really want to mine ETH to try to add to my position as much as possible before the next major price increase.  (I already cashed out all the BitCoin I had around the end of April and bought Ethereum with it when the price was around $76-$78.  I ended up buying 30 ETH at the time for about 1.73 BTC.  (You can do the math on it to figure out how much I made off of that purchase in about a month...  Grin)

I'd recommend staying away from MinerGate's GUI Software, when mining with GPU's its losing about 25-45% of the effective hashrate that you could be getting with QTMiner or Claymore's miner. However I think that if you want to Mine with say CPU's MinerGate's GUI isn't that bad... but stay away from GPU mining if you're going to be using the GUI it's just not optimized at all for it.

I personally use Claymore's ETH miner for mining Ethereum, and I use Alpereum's Pool no fees all fees are paid by Alpereum, and payouts are at 0.2 ETH, so its a win-win compared to MinerGate which has 2% fees... Not that great compared to many other pools that offer 1% and even 0.05% fees.  But on top of that, they require you to send your hard earned Ethereum and other coins to MinerGate's wallet on their website (not your own locally or on a exchange) and they require you to pay another fee just to withdraw or transfer your earnings to another wallet!

The way I see it, MinerGate's just profiting off of others that don't do enough research into mining and if I can make a recommendation, stay away from them, you'll profit more at a different pool, just research low fee pools, and low payouts you'll be fine. Smiley

~Zac

Thanks a lot for that explanation as well, Zac!  That does make a lot of sense and I will definitely be moving away from MinerGate as soon as I can.  I haven't researched Alpereum's Pool yet, but it sounds very promising.  Another pool I was contemplating using is Nanopool.  I also saw that the AntPool has recently started offering Ethereum, LiteCoin, and ZCash mining on their pool as well, but apparently no one is using it for mining much else other than BitCoin right now.

As far as MinerGate goes though, I thought that they only have a 1% PPLNS fee (or a 1.5% PPS fee) on their pool?  However, like you said, they do end up sending all of your mining revenue to their own wallet, which you then have to withdraw your funds from to put it into your wallet so that you can use it (or sell it or whatever you plan to do with it...).  So, I'm not sure if that is where you came up with the 2% fee for MinerGate that you stated above?  Obviously the lower the fees the better.  It does seem sneaky though too that MinerGate holds onto all your mining revenue in their wallet instead of sending it to your wallet as you mine like just about every other pool on the planet does.  It definitely seems that they are trying to target beginners who are just getting into mining and may not have their own wallet setup yet.  (Plus they advertise their site everywhere it seems as it came up very quickly and repeatedly when you start searching for Ethereum Mining Pools...)

I am still debating between Genoil's ETHMiner and Claymore's Miner right now to setup on my computer...  I'm not really sure if either one is better optimized for nVidia graphics cards than the other or not?  Still, it sounds like anything will be a major improvement over MinerGate anyways, so I better just pick one and go for it!  I will update once I have set something up and started mining on a different pool to let you know how I made out.  (I have just been very busy this week and have been kind of lazy by the time I get home from work and I don't feel like messing around with installing and configuring mining software until midnight...)

BTW - So far trying to mine Ethereum for almost 5 days on MinerGate with my GeForce GTX 1070 card only averaging about 8.87MH/s, I have only mined a total of 0.02914652 ETH (worth about $6.46).  Shocked Huh Angry   I figure I should be getting more than that out of it!  

FuryFever (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:03:17 AM

Well...  Unfortunately, as much as I hate to admit it, I honestly have to say that...

I'M A DUMBASS!!

There, I said it...  

I just feel like such an idiot for procrastinating for as long as I did before ditching that stupid MinerGate and using some mining software that actually WORKS!  I think part of it was I was just psyching myself out earlier in the week thinking that it was going to be this long, involved process installing and setting up another miner software package on my computer and getting it to work with a new mining pool.  But it just...  wasn't!  It was actually so much easier to download and run the command-line miner than MinerGate, it is kind of embarrassing.

Well anyways, moving on then...

So, what did I end up doing then you may ask?  So, I basically flipped a coin and it came up heads, so I went with Alpereum for a mining pool.  (0.0% Pool Fees was actually pretty attractive too, I have to admit...)  They are an anonymous mining pool too, so there was no account to create before I could start mining there or anything.  (You just use your wallet address you are going to use to receive your payouts as your "account name" when you configure the miner software to point at the pool.)

Then the next step was to pick the miner software to use.  Again, I kind of flipped a coin on this one and it came up tails this time, so I went with the Genoil ETHMiner.  (The Alpereum Pool even has a link to their own "flavor" of the Genoil ETHMiner right in their Help Center.)  Once I downloaded the ZIP file, there was nothing to even install.  It is just an EXEcutable with a few .DLL libraries and that's it.  I mean it was just stupid how easy it was to get running.  I just created a .BAT file in the directory to call ethminer.exe with the correct options to get it to mine to the Alpereum Pool and that was it - I'm up and mining!  Grin

For reference, here is the command line statement I used to call ETHMiner:
Code:
ethminer.exe -U -SV 2 -S useast.alpereum.ch:3002 -O 0xEthereumWalletAddress.WorkerName

So far, it seems that I am getting around 25-26MH/s on average with ETHMiner now...  Grin  That's MUCH better than the meager 8.87MH/s I was getting from stupid MinerGate!  Now I will have to see what kind of payouts I can get with that hashrate from the Alpereum Pool...  Hopefully better than only $6 for an entire week of mining!  lol...

So, MinerGate is now officially uninstalled and permanently deleted from my computer and I'm not looking back!  I just hope they will let me transfer my paltry 0.03004086 ETH to my other wallet and then close my account down with them.

Thanks again to everyone for their help in pointing me in the right direction!

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:28:11 AM

I'm glad to see that you got it working for you. Smiley You can probably make a good $4.00-4.50 per day at that hashrate with current price of Ethereum. It's a good time to be a miner right now indeed.
FuryFever (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:26:49 AM

With a GTX 1070, I believe the max you should get is around 30-32Mh/s, I've tried mining with a GTX 1070 Zotac AMP! Extreme and that's what I've been getting until I sold it for RX 580's which do the same.

Well, I know I just started mining tonight a little while ago, so I don't have a ton of data to come up with a decent average hashrate yet, but so far the highest numbers I have been seeing in the Command-Line window that ETHMiner is running in are 25.15MH/s and 26.20MH/s.  (In fact, it seems to alternate back and forth between these two numbers for the most part...)  See the screenshot below:

http://www.pittinaro.com/images/ETHMiner_Running-GeForce-1070_06-03-2017_01.jpg

This isn't bad by any means, especially compared with what I was getting before, but it isn't averaging around 30-32MH/s like Zac said that I should be getting in his post above.  Does anyone know of how I can tweak the output from ETHMiner to try to increase my hashrate from my Video Card?  Can I do any overclocking of my Video Card with ETHMiner and if so how?

I'm glad to see that you got it working for you. Smiley You can probably make a good $4.00-4.50 per day at that hashrate with current price of Ethereum. It's a good time to be a miner right now indeed.

Thanks!  I'm glad that I got it working quickly and easily as well!  Like I said, I don't know what I was expecting, but it turned out to be MUCH easier than I was thinking to get this working tonight!
$4.00-$4.50 per day isn't bad for one Video Card, I guess, but I'd like MORE, obviously!  lol...  If I can tweak ETHMiner somehow to give me a better hashrate and/or overclock my Video Card to try to boost my hashrate, I'm hoping that I can improve that estimate as well...

It is still a good time to be a miner, I will say, but I still feel that I am getting started WAY TOO LATE.  The BEST time to have been an Ethereum miner was probably a year or two ago, when it first launched.  That is where all of the BIG money was made on Ethereum, I have a feeling...  Now is the time when all of us NooBz start getting into it because the price went way up and people have just started hearing about it now and want to get in on the Gold Rush now, even though a lot of the Gold has already been mined...

FuryFever (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

So, MinerGate is now officially uninstalled and permanently deleted from my computer and I'm not looking back!  I just hope they will let me transfer my paltry 0.03004086 ETH to my other wallet and then close my account down with them.

Well, apparently not...  They are still holding my funds and I cannot withdraw them yet:

http://www.pittinaro.com/images/MinerGate_Pool-Unable_to_Withdraw_Funds_06-02-2017.jpg

It isn't just me though.  They have posted an alert at the top of their website that says:

ETH withdrawals are temporarily disabled. We are checking what might be the issue and will bring them back asap. Thank you for your patience.

However, it has already been at least three days (maybe longer that that, I'm not sure how long this has been an issue, I just know I have been trying since Friday with no luck...), so I don't know how long their idea of fixing something "As Soon As Possible" is, but this is pretty ridiculous I think.  I have also seen a lot of people complaining about this in their forums and in the chat window on their main webpage.  Hopefully they lose a lot of customers because of this (and their crappy software and high fees).  Hopefully no one will want to keep mining for a pool that holds their mining rewards and they can't withdraw their funds from.

SidETH

Activity: 116
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:38:31 PM

Thanks for thr extensive write-up, it helps newbies like me a lot!
Any luck on tuning your card(s) to get over the 30 number?
Jackson84

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:15:10 PM

Hi,

I'm using Ethminer with GTX 1070 @25-26 MH/s.

I also expected around 29MH/s. Maybe there is a way to tweak the card?

I'm also thinking about getting a RX 580, which seems to have around 31MH/s... but has higher power consumption.

Does anyone have experience with both cards maybe and can share their experience here Smiley ?

Jackson84

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:24:39 PM

Just found this video. Yes, increasing memory clock gives me quite some more MH/s. I don't know the wattage for MH/s trade-off, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6RdF7q5mo
Jackson84

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:03:05 AM

I tweaked my GTX 1070 like this, as suggested by user "Shoo" in a comment here: http://wccftech.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-performance-roundup/

70 % Power
-200 MHz GPU clock
4450 Mhz memory clock
Fan: 55-65 % (depending on temp)

Result are nearly as good as before with less power consumption. I will measure off the wall wattage soon and post it here.
Agerbon

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

Hey Jackson, you mentioned "Just found this video. Yes, increasing memory clock gives me quite some more MH/s". My first question is how many MH/s increase did you get.

I'm really interested in what you tweaked, and what you got!

Maybe this is also an interesting read? https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7780/gtx1070-linux-installation-and-mining-clue-goodbye-amd-welcome-nvidia-for-miners/p1

--
single card: +285 & +1800 is the max, single card pushes you to 37.19MH/s with Cuda or 32,66MH/s with OpenCL
multi card: + 275 & + 1775 is the max, but not stable (read: 6 hourely crashes) and pushes 4MH/s per card
multi card: +200 & + 1600 semi stable, needs more testing but this might be better and pushes another 3MH/s per card
--

Did you already test these settings?

I hope this helped and keep us up to date Cheesy
duniek

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:14:10 PM

I tweaked my GTX 1070 like this, as suggested by user "Shoo" in a comment here: http://wccftech.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-performance-roundup/

70 % Power
-200 MHz GPU clock
4450 Mhz memory clock
Fan: 55-65 % (depending on temp)

Result are nearly as good as before with less power consumption. I will measure off the wall wattage soon and post it here.

this is my first day of mining from 3 years (earlier I mined btc by 5870 and ltc by r9 2xx)

today I built simple miner on 2x gtx1070 FE

stock win10
stock drivers

ethminer 0.9.41-genoil1.16

I not even put my wallet in this - just unpack and start ethermine-stratum-CUDA.exe

stock speed 42-45mhash

after tweaking (-200 core 4450 mem) i got 57-59mhash stable

mindmines

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:04:46 AM

low mining rate is majorly because of windows update.latest update you need is with windows update assistant. and second major update is the latest windows built. or else check on Windows 10 update. once done u shud b good to go.

still if issues download claymore 9.5. also copy cl. dll files. still facing issues mail me on narenderthind@gmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: