Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we over complicating Bitcoin?  (Read 8305 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:48:43 PM

I think bitcoin was born beautiful and difficult to use for over 80% of the people.
To average person the biggest complication comes when they want to transfer a fraction of bitcoin.
People are used with un divisible units of fiat, the smallest 1/100(cent) Now inagine you ask them to send you 0.000974123 Btc. I am saying this because I tried to convince someone to use btc. He couldn’t get it, let alone volatility
Could we have a wallet were it shows and send/receive satoshies. it will be good for the eye too.

Don't think over 80% people feel difficult to use bitcoin, it is actually the other way round in my opinion. It's actually much easier than using fiat when doing smaller transactions. You just paste the amount of btc you have to send, be it a fraction and press send. That's it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:25:10 AM

Our standard answer to people saying that Bitcoin is too complicated used to be, " Bank customers do not need to know how the internet ledgers of a bank work, to use their service " but now with the introduction of things like UASF people have to approach their merchants and exchanges and services to figure out what services will be safe to use, depending on what route those services will be going with this scaling option.

Are we over complicating Bitcoin for non-technical users of this technology? < They have no clue what chain split and soft forks are, and should they be that involved? >

Our goal should be to make it very simple for Granny to understand and to grow adoption. ^hmmmmmm^

Imagine if the reserve bank issued 2 different types of $1 notes and one type of note was accepted at specific merchants and not at other. This will create a lot of confusion with the general public.

Example : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6e25yx/im_investing_on_bitcoin_for_some_time_but_what/

We are not over complicating bitcoin. It's just that some non tech-savvy people are trying to understand a quite complicated technology.

People don't need to understand it, just trust it; but yea understanding it is a big plus and a big knowledge advantage.

Laymen people don't under the internet or the world wide web either, but they still use it. It should be the same for bitcoins.
basically we doesn't need much knowledge to understand bitcoin. just learn how to creating it, private securing, loading and where to using it.
atago

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:25:11 AM

One’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:43:42 AM

I think bitcoin was born beautiful and difficult to use for over 80% of the people.
To average person the biggest complication comes when they want to transfer a fraction of bitcoin.
People are used with un divisible units of fiat, the smallest 1/100(cent) Now inagine you ask them to send you 0.000974123 Btc. I am saying this because I tried to convince someone to use btc. He couldn’t get it, let alone volatility
Could we have a wallet were it shows and send/receive satoshies. it will be good for the eye too.

Don't think over 80% people feel difficult to use bitcoin, it is actually the other way round in my opinion. It's actually much easier than using fiat when doing smaller transactions. You just paste the amount of btc you have to send, be it a fraction and press send. That's it.

All youngsters find it very easy to send received the bitcoin. Infact they also understand the functioning of bitcoin and how beneficial it could be in coming time. Though it could be complex for non technical people on the platform on which bitcoin is based.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:44:46 PM

If you look at terms and conditions for most websites/merchants accepting Bitcoin - it actually doesn't seem very complicated: "Deposits are instant" or "They will reflect after approximately 15 minutes, sometimes up to an hour". These were inadequate even a year ago and certainly now with the increasingly long average waiting times.

I think you're right: people should be able to dive right in and use it, without needing to understand what the appropriate fee amount is. They shouldn't need to search for explorers to understand how much they are getting and which part was spent as fees.

I'm not saying Bitcoin tech is too complicated - quite the opposite. But usability can be improved a LOT. Trying to talk about the blockchain, miners, confirmations, mempool etc. is difficult enough to breakdown into simple English but you have to be in the shoes of a merchant trying to localise Bitcoin usage (in Malay, it is just horrible) to realise just what a challenge it can be.

i understand your point here
good explanation
some people just wants to earn instant and wants to skip the process of understanding things
and just rely on spoon feeding
bitcoin has given big profit to many people who has knowledge but also the rise of many greed people who wants profit at once whos in the end hurt only themselves in money aspect...
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:01:33 PM

Our standard answer to people saying that Bitcoin is too complicated used to be, " Bank customers do not need to know how the internet ledgers of a bank work, to use their service " but now with the introduction of things like UASF people have to approach their merchants and exchanges and services to figure out what services will be safe to use, depending on what route those services will be going with this scaling option.

Are we over complicating Bitcoin for non-technical users of this technology? < They have no clue what chain split and soft forks are, and should they be that involved? >

Our goal should be to make it very simple for Granny to understand and to grow adoption. ^hmmmmmm^

Imagine if the reserve bank issued 2 different types of $1 notes and one type of note was accepted at specific merchants and not at other. This will create a lot of confusion with the general public.

Example : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6e25yx/im_investing_on_bitcoin_for_some_time_but_what/

I agree to what you have quoted, that bank users doesnt have toknow how the ledger works to use their service and so with the bitcoins. If we want to make bitcoin more known and adaptable, we should make it less complicated for people who has no IT or technological knowledge. BUT requiring it to be simpler means more complicated algos for developers. This complicated systems are for those who are behind the curtains.  If we are to promte cryptos, specifically bitcoins, we should keep it simple in the surface.
webcrypt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

I agree especially for consumers. A consumer making a purchase they do not want to jump tru hoops and have complications. They want to click a button and 3 sec later have a sign that says "Thank You" "We Appreciate Your Business". They don't want stuck transactions, 3-hour waits, figuring out where to hide private keys on their insecure windows 8, ,,,

I deal with non-tech people everyday, they do not want to know about about the inner workings they just want to click a button and have it work. Just like we don't want to open the hood of our car every time we start it. We just want turn the key and go.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: