Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:13:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your way of spreading Bitcoin knowledge?  (Read 22671 times)
mk4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 3810

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:01:35 AM

Personally, if I'm in a coffee shop or any store with some people, I pull out my wallet and subtly show them my Xapo debit card. Then they get curious on what kind of card is that since it doesnt look like the usual Mastercard or creditcard. Then I explain it from there on.

What's your way of spreading Bitcoin knowledge? Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:33:05 PM

I also did it some time ago where I showed two of my classmates my bitcoin wallet then the amount inside it as well as its price in my local currency and as usual they get curious too and asked how is it considered as a money or how it can used to buy some stuffs and how can I convert it into cash . I explained to them how can bitcoin works and how it can be used as a medium of exchange or payment, why it has a value and lastly how am I earning it .
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6142

Jambler.io

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:41:55 PM

Personally, if I'm in a coffee shop or any store with some people, I pull out my wallet and subtly show them my Xapo debit card.

If you'd be doing this here you will quickly lose a lot of friends.
Around here only gypsies are opening their wallets wide so anyone can see how many cards or notes they have in.

You're better of wearing  bitcoin t-shirt.
There are some really cool ones for sale. (with btc of course).

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 04:46:45 PM

Being a blogger, I wrote a series of articles about bitcoin in my native language in 2014 (and someone paid me 30 bucks to add their link in the article), However, since then I do share those links with everyone who ask me about bitcoin. Some of my friends are even asking me to help them to buy and hold bitcoins, However, I insist them to learn more about it before making any investment. Nowadays, I mostly focus on explaining bitcoin in one to one conversations. Further, I am also planning to add bitcoin niche on my visiting cards.
mk4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 3810

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:58:47 AM

Personally, if I'm in a coffee shop or any store with some people, I pull out my wallet and subtly show them my Xapo debit card.

If you'd be doing this here you will quickly lose a lot of friends.
Around here only gypsies are opening their wallets wide so anyone can see how many cards or notes they have in.

You're better of wearing  bitcoin t-shirt.
There are some really cool ones for sale. (with btc of course).

Well, I don't need to open my wallet wide enough since the cards can be seen the moment I open my wallet.

Something like this:

They immediately notice the sort of red and black card on my wallet, since most common cards here are blue and gold. Also, I use my xapo card when in department stores or something. so thats also some extra publicity for bitcoin.

A bitcoin shirt would also be good though, but I wouldnt want to explain bitcoin like 90% of the time im outside.

Being a blogger, I wrote a series of articles about bitcoin in my native language in 2014 (and someone paid me 30 bucks to add their link in the article), However, since then I do share those links with everyone who ask me about bitcoin. Some of my friends are even asking me to help them to buy and hold bitcoins, However, I insist them to learn more about it before making any investment. Nowadays, I mostly focus on explaining bitcoin in one to one conversations. Further, I am also planning to add bitcoin niche on my visiting cards.

noice!

I wouldnt want to hold someone else's bitcoins though. If I somehow lose them then I would be at fault.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:33:25 AM

I only spread the word of bitcoin through family members. Because for me, its much better to explain to a someone close than a total stranger. Of course in the beginning you will received a lot of questions and even criticism. And I can even share them my personal wallet that I used to store my bitcoin so that they will understand why I love bitcoin as a way to earn and as a means of investment.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:36:53 AM

Personally, if I'm in a coffee shop or any store with some people, I pull out my wallet and subtly show them my Xapo debit card. Then they get curious on what kind of card is that since it doesnt look like the usual Mastercard or creditcard. Then I explain it from there on.

My way of spreading bitcoins is simple, I just show to my family and office mates my income from bitcoin. They have started to be curious as to what is bitcoin and how they will earn. As I always update them with the value of bitcoin they become interested and started to buy more coins. But sometimes there are disadvantages in sharing bitcoins to others and that is when you join an investment they will borrow some of your bitcoins but when it turns out to be a scam they will just turn a blind eye on you.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:52:19 AM

I only spread the word of bitcoin through family members. Because for me, its much better to explain to a someone close than a total stranger. Of course in the beginning you will received a lot of questions and even criticism. And I can even share them my personal wallet that I used to store my bitcoin so that they will understand why I love bitcoin as a way to earn and as a means of investment.

The best way to teach someone is by giving them examples, a good way to use especially if you are a teacher. I don't spread bitcoin to my friends, but if they ask me, I tell them basic things like it is a digital currency created by Satoshi Nakamoto, it is a good asset if you want to invest your money. Just by saying that they will be asking more and more questions but I point out these site because it gives a lot of info about bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:04:55 PM

I don't really spread about bitcoin since not many people around me interested in this. But till now, i've told about 3 people about this. First is my mother, who was curious about what my brother and i do. Then i explained her about this and then suddenly she interested in this too lol.
Then my aunt, who is also curious and interested because he saw my brother made quite much money from this and asked about it to me because my brother is too lazy explaining lol.
Then my friend, who wanted to make some money since she had many free time. I explained to her about this and things but unfortunately she didn't take even a bit interest in this, and prefer working part time rather than doing this.
And my other way to spread bitcoin is sharing about bitcoin in all my social media so people know that, though so far not many people asked me about this and wanted to join

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 12:05:00 PM

noice!

I wouldnt want to hold someone else's bitcoins though. If I somehow lose them then I would be at fault.

Exactly, and that is the main reason I want my friends to learn more about bitcoin rather than putting their fiat savings in it. I try to educate them by sending the links of guides available online and even I give them demo of buying and selling bitcoins using bank account, local fiat wallets etc. It's less about financial wealth and more about the knowledge associated with it. I want them to be the bitcoin/crypto literates rather than just bitcoin holders.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:08:51 PM

Videos are the best way to go. People are too lazy to road wall of texts about convoluted technical stuff. Andreas Antonopoulos videos are a good way to share some basic knowledge on bitcoin. I also like Trace Mayer interviews where he makes some good points.

So yeah, share videos because if you think the average person will bother to read the whitepaper you are dreaming.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:19:05 PM

in my experience when you are explaining bitcoin to someone it is best to first stick to easy explanation, for example if someone asked what mining is, don't try to get into details (specially if like me you have a hard time explaining anything technical) just give a simple explanation.
and it is then a good idea to show the use cases of bitcoin. for example there are lots of services out there that will help you save up on a lot of money when purchasing things with bitcoin. introduce these sites to them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:22:58 PM

Mostly I really don't care about teaching others how bitcoin works and what it is because It is really hard to teach newbies. If any of my friend or relatives ask me about bitcoin, I ask them to make few searches on google and watch some basic what is bitcoin videos and than only ask me more about it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:27:08 PM

My way of contribution is just to first created an atmosphere to generate interest by intentionally leaving my phone or laptop with pages related to bitcoin activities so when friends and family sees it, they ask for more information because I don't have the energy to start teaching someone who is not interested to learn and the moment they are forced they see it as money making machine that when they lose, they look for someone to blame which I definitely not want to be.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:30:31 PM

I don't bother. It opens up a can of worms taking responsibility for someone else's Bitcoin moves. Better to leave them to it. For all I know every single person I know is into it.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:33:10 PM

I post articles and update on my personal social media accounts. Through that many people have asked me about the details for the same. I made many of my friends invested in bitcoin. Some of my friends now do the same thing i.e. posting bitcoin and virtual currencies related articles on their social media accounts. Whenever I have conversation with people, I always bring bitcoin topic. Then most of them ask me questions. I try to explain everything properly then.
olliedickman

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:27:14 PM

I am trying to use bitcoin in many way in the real life in order to spread bitcoin in the physical world but it is hard because my country does not accept bitcoin and there is only a few coffe shops
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:48:54 PM

In my own opinion if someone is curious about it I carefully explain it to them about the knowledge that I know about bitcoin and try to shared the things I need to simply earn from it, and I am just taking an interest with the people who truly wants to learn it and nothing more, because I have tried to show it to my friends and they are clueless of what it is and how am I making money out of it, but they hadn't have any interest at all that is why I am just explaining it right now to the ones that really want it most.
bittmattic

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:01:14 PM

As a business owner, I accept Bitcoin as payment. This always brings a "What's Bitcoin?" discussion. So, I inform them and spread the good news.
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:02:58 PM

My way of spreading bitcoins is simple, I just show to my family and office mates my income from bitcoin. They have started to be curious as to what is bitcoin and how they will earn. As I always update them with the value of bitcoin they become interested and started to buy more coins. But sometimes there are disadvantages in sharing bitcoins to others and that is when you join an investment they will borrow some of your bitcoins but when it turns out to be a scam they will just turn a blind eye on you.
i also start introducing bitcoin from my family, first when i heard about bitcoin i do not think that any other person was familiar with it, because i bring the idea from our capital when i visited there and by chance met a person in University, i stay there for 1 week and during this period he became  my friend and he share the idea of bitcoin with me, because at that time i was jobless. now i am spreading the new about bitcoin in my area, and people are now taking interest in bitcoin.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: