Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your way of spreading Bitcoin knowledge?  (Read 22680 times)
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:32:28 PM

Personally, if I'm in a coffee shop or any store with some people, I pull out my wallet and subtly show them my Xapo debit card. Then they get curious on what kind of card is that since it doesnt look like the usual Mastercard or creditcard. Then I explain it from there on.

What's your way of spreading Bitcoin knowledge? Smiley

I usually share my earnings from bitcoin into my social media and there is always a person that ask about my earnings and what is bitcoin. It's good for spreading bitcoin though, people will curious and money always attract people to come.
I also share my income with people around me, I tell them my job is great, and not limited to time, if I like, I will do and if I do not like, I can rest when I want, I make them curious and gradually they will ask me what is the job. Then I told them about bitcoin but I would not share them about my work because I wanted them to learn and be patient with bitcoin, until I feel their efforts, I will guide them on my work. But most of them gave up, only very few people were patient

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:36:11 PM

Personally, if I'm in a coffee shop or any store with some people, I pull out my wallet and subtly show them my Xapo debit card. Then they get curious on what kind of card is that since it doesnt look like the usual Mastercard or creditcard. Then I explain it from there on.

I usually share my earnings from bitcoin into my social media and there is always a person that ask about my earnings and what is bitcoin. It's good for spreading bitcoin though, people will curious and money always attract people to come.
I also share my income with people around me, I tell them my job is great, and not limited to time, if I like, I will do and if I do not like, I can rest when I want, I make them curious and gradually they will ask me what is the job. Then I told them about bitcoin but I would not share them about my work because I wanted them to learn and be patient with bitcoin, until I feel their efforts, I will guide them on my work. But most of them gave up, only very few people were patient

I wish I was part of those people "around" you. Cheesy

Anyway, it's nice that people share their knowledge about bitcoins. It does not only improve their lives knowing this, this also improve those who hold bitcoins already. As more people come to know it, the prices just keeps on going up! This is really attributed to the increasing demand bitcoins has and people just keep on holding it.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:49:19 PM

I only spread the word of bitcoin through family members. Because for me, its much better to explain to a someone close than a total stranger. Of course in the beginning you will received a lot of questions and even criticism. And I can even share them my personal wallet that I used to store my bitcoin so that they will understand why I love bitcoin as a way to earn and as a means of investment.
Exactly, my way also in spreading it by showing some of my bitcoin in my wallet to my family and friend. these two were the first person where i share bitcoin because they are close to me and it will not hard for me to explain it to them because they are free to asked some question that they didnt understand about it unlike in stranger you are not 100% sure if he/she was interested on it.

Love!

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:01:10 PM

When I'm already having a conversation about money and I see a way I can segue BTC into it, I will.

I never make BTC the basis of a conversation though. It's not mainstream enough yet.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:49:50 PM

My way of spreading bitcoin knowledge. I will create a video series about Bitcoin and how to use it. I want my video viewers to have the basics to be able to invest in a smart way. That's the easiest way

The thing is, there are a lot of bitcoin tutorial videos around the internet.  And as far as I know it was created way way back the birth of bitcoin.  So your suggestion will not be much appreciated or you will just waste your time considering that there are already videos in the net.  Maybe sharing your experience to your friends and family is enough.
You have your point too.It's better if we can show them proofs so they will get interested in it.I myself started spreading bitcoin to all my co-workers and even old and new friends met along the way.I actually shared to all of them its potentials and its usefulness to our lives.So i cited my brother a good example to it whom they happened to be their friend too.I shared to them the progress of my brother's life from a very simple one to a little bit luxurious now.And i shared also to them the different feedbacks i have read in this forum.
I'm creating a separate youtube channel, and my upcoming videos are high quality videos to make people more confident with Bitcoin and one of my few videos posted on newsletters.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

There are many ways to spread out the knowledge about Bitcoin. we can use the social media, like Facebook and Twitter may be used to create teaching platform for learning and sharing about Bitcoin. We also can create a channel in the YouTube where we can create vedio learning sharing...
schkodrak

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:10:32 PM

I'm not active on social media. I use steemit and some other blogs to write about bitcoin and other altcoins. I'm also planning to create a You Tube channel for this purpose.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

I am residing in a small town, and not many of the inhabitants here have heard about Bitcoins. I have tried to popularize Bitcoin as much as I can, but the people are not that tech savvy to understand the technology behind Bitcoin. Anyway, the greed is almost universal, and all of them show interest when I tell them that the exchange rates have increased by more than 1,000% in the past 12 months.  Grin
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

There are many ways to spread out the knowledge about Bitcoin. we can use the social media, like Facebook and Twitter may be used to create teaching platform for learning and sharing about Bitcoin. We also can create a channel in the YouTube where we can create vedio learning sharing...
yes no doubt that these all are good ways of introducing bitcoin, but i thin take start from our house and start introducing bitcoin from my family and then introduce bitcoin to our friends  i think it will have comparatively more effect.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:34:44 AM

Well, I will spread my knowledge about bitcoin in a good way like showing to them all my evidence that I can earn income by using bitcoin. Furthermore, I will also create some blog and article that tackle about bitcoin to spread it in online. Lastly, I will to upload some video in YouTube that all about bitcoin.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Anegg

Activity: 469

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:31:06 AM

Introduced bitcoin to my friends this way, whenever they buy something online, just use bitcoin. Eventually, I gave 5 of my close friends a coin each for a bank transfer. Now they always use bitcoin for their transaction and some of them even own 10 coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
silverkamote

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:40:15 AM

some time ago where I showed two of my classmates my bitcoin wallet then the amount inside it as well as its price in my local currency and as usual they get curious too and asked how is it considered as a money or how it can used to buy stuffs.
Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:02:44 AM

some time ago where I showed two of my classmates my bitcoin wallet then the amount inside it as well as its price in my local currency and as usual they get curious too and asked how is it considered as a money or how it can used to buy stuffs.

You may show them videos of bitcoin how it works so they will understand. Also I always shares news about bitcoin and my friends got interested how I earn daily in bitcoin. So I show them anything about bitcoin like videos and they understands it.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:16:44 AM

I dont have the guts on telling other people because i already know what things they would say or even react when i tried to tell em about bitcoins thats why i feel hopeless instead of telling to someone i would rather choose up to engage bitcoin on my own.Its their loss on passing on this good opportunity.Sounds bad? Well im kind of selfish person and doesnt really care about other Smiley
wallstone

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:54:06 AM

I also did it some time ago where I showed two of my classmates my bitcoin wallet then the amount inside it as well as its price in my local currency and as usual they get curious too and asked how is it considered as a money or how it can used to buy some stuffs and how can I convert it into cash . I explained to them how can bitcoin works and how it can be used as a medium of exchange or payment, why it has a value and lastly how am I earning it .
I will spread my knowledge about bitcoin in a good way. In addition, I will also create some blog and article that tackle all about bitcoin and I will post it in online to get some feedback to the people who see it.Then, I will show to them some videos about bitcoin to get them interested. Lastly, I will show my online wallet that I can earn money and income by using bitcoin.
JonnyUtah

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:00:38 PM

I try to gently introduce the subject to friends and once the ball gets rolling they are all listening with intent. I like to spread the good word of crypto Smiley
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:11:26 PM

I try and give some BTC to people that are already interested in how it works etc. However with current high fees that's not very economical.
Obviously I talk about it and try to explain why it's revolutionary tech that's here to stay. Unfortunatelly people still tend to associate it with drugs/online crime or they fear it is "created" to get rid of cash. And you won't believe how hard it is to get the facts straight for some people.

Whenever I talk to someone via email, chat etc. about the topic I try to send them a link to Andreas Antonopoulos' videos. He has some great talks explaining bitcoin to newbs and is the man that brought me into crypto.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:46:21 PM

I try and give some BTC to people that are already interested in how it works etc. However with current high fees that's not very economical.
Obviously I talk about it and try to explain why it's revolutionary tech that's here to stay. Unfortunatelly people still tend to associate it with drugs/online crime or they fear it is "created" to get rid of cash. And you won't believe how hard it is to get the facts straight for some people.

Whenever I talk to someone via email, chat etc. about the topic I try to send them a link to Andreas Antonopoulos' videos. He has some great talks explaining bitcoin to newbs and is the man that brought me into crypto.
Newbies were hard to convince but when we show some proofs that there are really that get to be successful in btc they might really get an interest. I tried to convince them that its a way of new banking in different currency same with as a investment process.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

I usually talk with them directly, "hey heard of bitcoin anytime?" Then they say no we have not, or sometimes they say we have heared about it but doesn't know exactly what it is. Such kind of responses I usually get. When it is easy to catch them, I start explaining about it. I have started this with my family members and then my friend circle. Most of them are now in bitcoin industry and they thank me many times. They treat me as guideline for any queries they get about the bitcoin. It feels good.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:25:04 PM

I usually talk with them directly, "hey heard of bitcoin anytime?" Then they say no we have not, or sometimes they say we have heared about it but doesn't know exactly what it is. Such kind of responses I usually get. When it is easy to catch them, I start explaining about it. I have started this with my family members and then my friend circle. Most of them are now in bitcoin industry and they thank me many times. They treat me as guideline for any queries they get about the bitcoin. It feels good.
I usually discuss with my friend's group, and in my family, my brothers know about this so that I will talk with them. Most of the friends are know that I am in bitcoin activity so whenever I meet them, they will do ask hows your bitcoin business is going on I try to explain then how much it is possible. But forcefully I will not tell anyone regarding this bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: