Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2017, 09:41:26 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Language VS Mathematics  (Read 712 times)
machasm

Activity: 297

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:56:01 PM

I am decent at maths (got an A in my GCE (showing my age)) and learnt to speak a second language, Maltese (English being my primary language). I learnt my second language by being immersed in the culture at the age of 14 surrounded by few English speakers at the time (My aunts and uncles didn't speak English very well). It's amazing just how quickly you pick it up when you don't have a choice!

TO THE MOON
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
BobBct

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:28:18 AM

Theres still letters in math so i pick math

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
[/color]
wraith band

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:02:14 PM

I think the function is the same used in everyday life and is very important in social life.

moonstruck

Activity: 93

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:17:51 PM

Hm, I don't think there are that many people who'd have difficulties picking up a new language, as compared to the tons of people who simply can't deal with maths at all.

I'd say however of the two skills I'd take a foreign language. If you know English for example you can use internet resources and learn math too.

I think many are too lazy to pick up a new skill/do something that requires them to think, who needs maths if they can work in macdonalds all their life?
rapmon

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:18:43 PM

I think mathematics better than language because math simple than language

HappyNonce

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:30:48 PM

Hopefully neural networks will enable real-time and automatic translations in the near future. So the concepts of mathematics are probabaly more important.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:46:10 PM

That's so true, I'm really good in languages, but in maths :X naaaaah
MostHigh

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 05:16:52 PM

We all have our different intelligences.We have multiple inteligences posses by an individual. In reality, most of the individuals who are mathematically inclined are somehow not so good on language.Language ability are not so excellent. In reverse, those who are good in language are not so good or mostly hate numbers.Indeed, our creator divided equally our intelligence in different ways.
This is an interesting postulation but i don't think it is wholly true or false either. There are so many people with the both mathematical and language endowment. 

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
tsutiy

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:01:36 PM

I don't agree! Language is more perceptional, while mathematics is just logic
nijkamp

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:32:02 PM

I believe that there are people that are equally good at math and language. But I do know some people terrible in learning another languages but good in math. If you ask me I cant decide which one I like better. When I started school I used to hate math but after a while realized with a good teacher that math can be easy. And languages were always interesting and fun to learn for me.  Cool

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
BountyLord

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:47:47 PM

Math is better. Math it is universal language
erasheed28

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:04:55 PM

We all have our different intelligences.We have multiple inteligences posses by an individual. In reality, most of the individuals who are mathematically inclined are somehow not so good on language.Language ability are not so excellent. In reverse, those who are good in language are not so good or mostly hate numbers.Indeed, our creator divided equally our intelligence in different ways.
I quite agree on this because i myself is not good on language yet posses better mathematical intelligence, but i believe if you put more effort on learning a language you can achieve it and there are a lot of ways you can learn a foreign language like living in a place where the foreign language is their mother tounge unlike in math some comprehensive problems cannot be solve through practice, you need a good intelligence.

◨▬▬▬▬▬◧   HACKEN   ◨▬▬▬▬▬◧
■  DEDICATED CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR WHITE HAT HACKERS  ■
uncleduckerr

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:22:51 PM

You would think you either one of the other but sometimes you get neither and sometimes you get both. For example my sister has a English Math major minor from university so lucky for her she is inclined on both and can

teach both anytime she wants.
Phalo

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:27:35 AM

Languages suck... Math is fun

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.