Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 06:11:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wallet recovery  (Read 361 times)
bitcoinjack

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:44:17 PM

Hello! Smiley
I'm an old bitcoin enthusiast: I've been mining in the early days of bitcoins, but at a certain point I dropped it since my machine couldn't really afford to mine more (I used it also as a storage for eMule and the whole thing was becoming devastating haha).

Long story short: I lost my wallet. At the time, there were only a few options in terms of clients you could pick, and today I can't remember what I went for. Also, I've been switching several e-mail addresses during the years, so I'm not really sure which one could be linked o my account. How does the recovery process work? I know it's a long shot but...have you got any advice?

Forgive me for the "randomness" of the post, I've read the sticked ones by admins but as you can see I can't go more technical/detailed.

Have a nice day, and thank you! Wink
Jack
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 392

Wolf

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:53:22 PM

It depends on what wallet/what type you are using . From what you're saying (Email Address), You're using a web wallet most probably but the problem is you don't know which one? So If you can't even remember it . I highly doubt that you can recover your account considering that you also forgot the email address .

Although it will be a different story if you have your private key  Wink

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                        
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                        
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:03:47 PM

If you saved your wallet files to a storage device like your computer's hard drive, or a flash drive then you could use software called pywallet to scan the drive for private keys. This is the pywallet thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0
bitcoinjack

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:33:22 PM

Thanks for the replies - I might also haven't had an account/wallet linked to an e-mail... If so, my only chance to get it back would be to recover the .dat file, right?
SopaXT

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:03:22 AM

Uh, if you remember having an e-mail linked to it then it must've been a webwallet.
Many online wallets have closed since, so your only chances are if you still have a backup.
Do you remember making one or writing your private keys down somewhere?

34rHZwgXDnkKvrBAU2fJAhjySTTEFroekd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.