Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:38:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending ethereum to bitfinex  (Read 1568 times)
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:30:41 AM

Hello I want to deposit some ethereum on bitfinex but I understand that they don't support smart contracts, I am using myetherwallet would you guys say it's safe for me to go ahead with the transaction or advice against it? Anyone got experience in this?

The coin I want to buy isn't availble on other exchanges (yet). And I'm too much of a poor broke bastard to go buy bitcoin to support my endavour.

All help is appreciated.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:01:51 AM

Hello I want to deposit some ethereum on bitfinex but I understand that they don't support smart contracts, I am using myetherwallet would you guys say it's safe for me to go ahead with the transaction or advice against it? Anyone got experience in this?

The coin I want to buy isn't availble on other exchanges (yet). And I'm too much of a poor broke bastard to go buy bitcoin to support my endavour.

All help is appreciated.

I had the exact same concern as you just a few days ago. I don't send ETH out of my wallet (MyEtherWallet) very often and I had never sent to Bitfinex. I took a chance with a smaller amount at first and just did a typical send (21000 gas limit), and it arrived at Bitfinex with no issues. Confirmed and released into my account in ~15 minutes. So I would say, go for it. Just don't leave funds on the exchange for long. You never know what might happen... Lips sealed
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:18:21 AM

All help is appreciated.

I had the exact same concern as you just a few days ago. I don't send ETH out of my wallet (MyEtherWallet) very often and I had never sent to Bitfinex. I took a chance with a smaller amount at first and just did a typical send (21000 gas limit), and it arrived at Bitfinex with no issues. Confirmed and released into my account in ~15 minutes. So I would say, go for it. Just don't leave funds on the exchange for long. You never know what might happen... Lips sealed

Awesome, I also tried sending a smaller amount but I guess etherwallet found my small amount too small (couple of dollars) and wouldn't go trough with it.
Thanks for the reply!

Rodriguez91

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:43:40 AM

In Bitfinex tab "Transfer / Deposit / Eter" (eye NOT eter classic), copy address, Exchange Wallet ...
In Kraken solopa "Funding / Withdraw / Ether (ETH)" add address (name: example bitfinex1 / address copied from Bitfinex (verify if copio well ...) save address, go to mail and approve ...
Once approved: in Kraken "Funding / Withdraw / Ether (ETH)" select "search loaded address" quantity: ETH wants to transfer and send, if you have configured 2F, load, go to mail (sometimes needs approval, sometimes No, it depends on the amount you send)
I hope it works ...
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:59:45 PM

yes.. you can send eth to bitfinex, all safe and sure will go into your bitfinex account because i like to trade there. but never you send eth from account exchanger to other exchanger account.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:37:47 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 04:54:12 PM by Zocadas

All help is appreciated.

Awesome, I also tried sending a smaller amount but I guess etherwallet found my small amount too small (couple of dollars) and wouldn't go trough with it.
Thanks for the reply!

You should always look at deposit and trade minimums before you deposit to an exchanger. On their site of fees, they offer support, when you have got issues on deposit

https://www.bitfinex.com/fees

Here is the support mail: support@bitfinex.com

I had no problems to send ETH to bitfinex.
christyh

Activity: 115
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:43:48 PM

All help is appreciated.

You can deposit ETH from myetherwallet and make sure that confirmations are completed before making any orders.

florian90

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:30:44 AM

is it also possible to send ETH from coinbase or kraken to bitfinex?
Cheers and a awsome day...
mohanb

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:41:08 AM

All help is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply!

You should always look at deposit and trade minimums before you deposit to an exchanger. On their site of fees, they offer support, when you have got issues on deposit

https://www.bitfinex.com/fees

Here is the support mail: support@bitfinex.com

I had no problems to send ETH to bitfinex.

Bitfinex waits for 25 confirmations before it reflects balance transfer on your account. I just tried moving small amount 0.01 ETH from MyEtherumWallet and transaction completed in 10-15 minutes, however I also realized that Bitfinex charges 0.01 ETH for deposit below 1000 USD, so my transfer balance after fee deduction became NIL Smiley
So you must transfer amount larger than 0.01 ETH to see the balance reflected on your account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: