Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:07:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia to release mining-only GPU?  (Read 9993 times)
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:30:00 AM

Guys, it is real.
NVidia cards 1080 or 1060 without display ports.  50,000 chips in this batch.  6 cards in a mining rig with a mother board , cpu,RAM all tunned for mining ,  sales price may vary from  RMB 18,000 or 2650USD to 21,000 RMB or 3000 USD per rig.

But, it won't be available to most of the miners. it is pre-ordered,These rigs are under the name of strategic defence initiative from NVidia against AMD cards or so they call it.

so, go back to the point that was discussed before: no need to hold on your nVidia farm plan cause: this batch is very small, if you don't know it from months ago, you won't be able to get them.

where are the photo to see if this is real or not? also it seems that these gpu can not be sold to normal customers, but just for industry usage, becaue the 90 days warranty is illegal in europe

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:13:42 PM

If nVidia is releasing a GPU for compute-only use, the cheapest way of doing it would be to use their existing GPU dies that have failed in areas that are only used for video output.  Those chips would otherwise be discarded, so it would almost be free money.  There wouldn't be a large percentage of chips that would only have failures in the output-dependent areas, but my guess would be in the 3-5% range.

Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:29:59 PM

Just found this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VpsJ6j2nZo

The video guy says they are expecting to see the cards to release around june 23rd according to some source.

30 Mh/s Eth Possible on 1060?

Good News?

it depend how much is the cost, if they cost much more than a 1060 but earn more also, it's good for density, maybe they will just change the amount of cuda and redo the pcb, but that news look a bit fake too me, and just rumors, i will trust it when there will be somethign official from nvidia or amd

what they show on zcash forums and on videos as 8x nvidia gpu is very identical to what looks like a stripped down ethminer made by some Chinese company by the name PANGOLINMINER, the whole thing looks fake to me too.. I too wouldn't trust this news without something official from nvidia or amd.
dustreveal

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:22:47 PM

Guys, it is real.
NVidia cards 1080 or 1060 without display ports.  50,000 chips in this batch.  6 cards in a mining rig with a mother board , cpu,RAM all tunned for mining ,  sales price may vary from  RMB 18,000 or 2650USD to 21,000 RMB or 3000 USD per rig.

But, it won't be available to most of the miners. it is pre-ordered,These rigs are under the name of strategic defence initiative from NVidia against AMD cards or so they call it.

so, go back to the point that was discussed before: no need to hold on your nVidia farm plan cause: this batch is very small, if you don't know it from months ago, you won't be able to get them.

where are the photo to see if this is real or not? also it seems that these gpu can not be sold to normal customers, but just for industry usage, becaue the 90 days warranty is illegal in europe

You are right, it is not targeting you guys. and they do not sell it in EU. if you want to buy it, you buy it from dealer who probably will add warranty. but again, it is not for individual customer and it is not intended to either that is why they use 1080/1060 cards and did no other modifications but just strip out video output so that it doesn't disturb the gaming market.

Zivdafast

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:21:48 AM

Just found this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VpsJ6j2nZo

The video guy says they are expecting to see the cards to release around june 23rd according to some source.

30 Mh/s Eth Possible on 1060?

Good News?

it depend how much is the cost, if they cost much more than a 1060 but earn more also, it's good for density, maybe they will just change the amount of cuda and redo the pcb, but that news look a bit fake too me, and just rumors, i will trust it when there will be somethign official from nvidia or amd

what they show on zcash forums and on videos as 8x nvidia gpu is very identical to what looks like a stripped down ethminer made by some Chinese company by the name PANGOLINMINER, the whole thing looks fake to me too.. I too wouldn't trust this news without something official from nvidia or amd.

The 1060 cards they showed do not have many display ports, so it might be real.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:18:58 PM

It looks more like a NVidia variation on the Pandaminer - using mobile versions of the cards, possibly modified a bit, like the Pandaminer uses mobile RX series cards.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
thinkfar

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:34:24 PM

Here they come
https://image.prntscr.com/image/PIaVH9WNTBaRXQT_68e-IQ.jpg
https://image.prntscr.com/image/9huRieUyQjSG3MBDEDAKnQ.jpg
https://image.prntscr.com/image/N0OzudBvRvK7BxZU-z9Img.jpg
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:43:10 PM

Here they come

Looks good. hopefully the will be cheap and relatively well-cooled.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:12:04 PM

Fins should have been rotated 90 degrees for better cooling - that big back hole doesn't help much when most of the air is going UP out of the card not back-and-front.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:31:15 AM

No RAM cooling will limit memory overclocking.
luvien

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:29:10 PM

Asus

http://www.coindesk.com/asus-announces-new-graphics-cards-focused-cryptocurrency-mining/
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:54:03 PM

Sapphire has 4 "mining-specific" RX 470 based cards on their website now, 2 of them are listed on NewEgg as "out of stock" but I suspect they haven't actually had any stock of the cards yet.

Kevinatin

Activity: 612
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:16:08 PM

Here they come

The cards do not have video output. Does it mean it has to to at least one card with video out?
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:19:13 PM

Here they come

The cards do not have video output. Does it mean it has to to at least one card with video out?

Either that or you use onboard video as primary

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: