Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it that's affecting the Bitcoin price fall?  (Read 1288 times)
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:20:52 PM

The main situation that affects the bitcoin price fall has not to do about the panic of people monitoring it's price. But the impact wasn't that bad at all because even though price was falling down of it's market value, still it wasn't decrease at $2000. That affected a lot of decisions that people will have more interest to invest and as you can see right now the updates of price in the market rises again every successive days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 10:38:59 AM

What is it that's affecting the Bitcoin price fall? We have all seen the price last week reaching the all-time highs of $2500 or more. I know most people were expecting to see 1BTC sold at $3000 or more today but It went down back to around $2190. What affected this price fall?

The fall is just a normal correction in price and it is not surprising. It is typical investor behavior in a bubble like this. There are patterns that asset prices follow... patterns created by investor group psychology. These patterns are even more prevalent in bubbles and situations where we see buying/selling mania like we are seeing with bitcoin now. Check out this chart:

Often times news events are wrapped around the sections of this chart, but for the most part, this is driven by investor behavior and not by specific external events. We see this pattern in various markets all the time.

whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:56:02 AM

The main situation that affects the bitcoin price fall has not to do about the panic of people monitoring it's price. But the impact wasn't that bad at all because even though price was falling down of it's market value, still it wasn't decrease at $2000. That affected a lot of decisions that people will have more interest to invest and as you can see right now the updates of price in the market rises again every successive days.
i think that was just the market taking a correction. and now we can see that the price of trading above 2260$. i am sure that with in few days the price of bitcoin is going to cross 3000 USD level and the price will stay there and will not come down again from that level. i think the investors are very much confident with their investment and that is the reason that they are not ready to sell bitcoin and are holding it for long long time.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:03:45 PM

Such unstable behavior of the price of bitcoin has attracted the attention of speculators. No currency in the world cannot hide such profits. Any race can be extinguished not only by demand but also by the government. Bitcoin also is regulated only by demand. The money the whales are able to unbalance this system and we will always see these fluctuations. The main thing is not to panic.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:27:52 PM

i think that was just the market taking a correction. and now we can see that the price of trading above 2260$. i am sure that with in few days the price of bitcoin is going to cross 3000 USD level and the price will stay there and will not come down again from that level. i think the investors are very much confident with their investment and that is the reason that they are not ready to sell bitcoin and are holding it for long long time.
Yes, there were no proper figuring out for recent dump except concluding as whales booked profits that made panic selling among small traders too. We can simply treat it as usual market correction which is being supported by bouncing back of prices right now. We can be sure, bitcoin prices may reach $3000 levels in few more days.

I am not concerned about why bitcoin price fell down but I used that buying few more coins for cheaper prices. With bitcoin investments we can sure about long term good profits all the times regardless of how deeply prices falling.

citizenh-ssd

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:51:39 PM

Yes, there were no proper figuring out for recent dump except concluding as whales booked profits that made panic selling among small traders too. We can simply treat it as usual market correction which is being supported by bouncing back of prices right now. We can be sure, bitcoin prices may reach $3000 levels in few more days.

I am not concerned about why bitcoin price fell down but I used that buying few more coins for cheaper prices. With bitcoin investments we can sure about long term good profits all the times regardless of how deeply prices falling.
I totally agree with you I'm your opinion I'm also very expensive in that sense I already give the same result from Bitcoin future, To be honest I'm not against spirits so that bitcoin is slightly lower in price so I could buy a little more coins for future prices .

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:22:35 PM

I totally agree with you I'm your opinion I'm also very expensive in that sense I already give the same result from Bitcoin future, To be honest I'm not against spirits so that bitcoin is slightly lower in price so I could buy a little more coins for future prices .
It's not the best time to buy though, that time has passed. If you bought the dip and avoided the "we're back to 1000s" talk, you'd already have made profit in fiat capitalization if you trade short term (which I don't do that much). I personally only buy during dips and I'm sure most people also do. That being said, it's not the worst time to buy either. We're going sideways and looking to break out soon upwards.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:11:00 PM

What is it that's affecting the Bitcoin price fall? We have all seen the price last week reaching the all-time highs of $2500 or more. I know most people were expecting to see 1BTC sold at $3000 or more today but It went down back to around $2190. What affected this price fall?

It is believed that the drop on bitcoin's price is due to the correction. A sudden big pump then a sudden big dump. Another factor that may have affected the price drop is panic selling. Some might have sold they bitcoin at the peak price of bitcoin to gather their profit, as a result, we see sudden drop. Whatever the main reason, nothing is to be worried about. All happenings are normal in the world of bitcoin.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:03:07 PM

Margin traders, and essentially a bunch of misfits pushing the price up or down by a few clicks, there are literally green bars and red bars, when you want to pump the price you push the green bar up and when you want to dump the price you just push the red bar down.
I couldn't believe it until I saw it's impact on the price charts. another thing these Chinese traders, don't look at them like they don't matter, more little you are more smart you get, they are the ones earning millions every day by day trading and manipulating the price.
trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:25:19 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 11:26:09 PM by trackermut

Please not that graph again, read a lot but rarely post.

Gent's take a step back not a fall just a correction and holding over 2k, so far happy days. The jump from 1100 to 2800 was breath taking, Going past 1500,2000 and 2500 in weeks. As i said before don't post a lot, last thread i started was to congratulate buyers and holders that braved the blood shed and purchased at sub 200 ( think as low as 160 ). Never a bad time to take a profit, which a lot done and well done to them,new money will be sucked in, cycle will repeat.

Nothing has changed, Just Hold and wait you are an early adopter.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:45:04 AM

It's obvious - bitcoin was in a bubble.

I don't think that a lot of people expected $3000 bitcoin but rather a lot more people expected bitcoin to go down to under $2000. Look at the charts, no way that bitcoin could have grown legitimately over the last few days of the pump when it went up $200, $300 a day.

The price decrease didn't happen today, It was a few days ago and now It's stable enough. I tend to believe that It had something to do with the exchanges manipulating the market, the drop didn't affect bitcoin only but most of the cryptocurrencies.

I don't think that it has anything to do with exchanges manipulating but rather whales manipulating. exchanges are only providing a platform people to trade on, nothing else. And yes, a lot of other cryptos went down dramatically as well.
I don’t think it was a bubble if it was we should have returned to the previous price of bitcoin and that did not happen I think people just wanted to secure profits and then this created a domino effect that  made the price get lower, the price has been more or less stable for some time and we are still above 2000 so I think this shows the growth was real and there are still more things to come in the near future for bitcoin.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:42:56 AM

This can be explained by the simple concept of 'demand and supply'. As a result of a reduced Bitcoin demand and need by the general users, it resulted in a price drop. This could have been caused by the increase of the sale of Bitcoin in that particular time period, or the reduced number of Bitcoin purchases. This is the general concept that underlies the Bitcoin halving too.
This can be one of the points that affect the bitcoin price. because when a lot of people who believe in the power of bitcoin then prices will rise due to high demand in the market share. And when demand is fewer then the market will respond with declining bitcoin prices. In addition there are several important factors in my opinion, one of which is negative news and also policies that do not support the development of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: