Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketcap Manipulating the Placement of your Altcoin using Low Volume  (Read 481 times)
kiklo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:25:37 AM

For years CMK,
had set Low Volume trading under $10 in 24hrs trading

This means no matter how much your coin was worth , if the 24 hour trading volume was below $10 ,
your coin was removed from the standard listing and placed 3 or 4 pages from the 1st page in a Low Volume Section, where you were least likely to be seen.

No one complained about this as it had been a set standard of CMK.

Then ~1 Month ago with absolutely no notice to the public ,
CMK, quietly switched it to anything under $100 per 24 hours moved to Low Volume decreasing their visibility.

Again , No one complained.

Now today less than ~ month from the last change
Low Volume trading is anything under $500 in 24 hrs trading

This gives a Direct Marketing Advantage to coins on Exchanges like Poloniex & Bitterex where the 24hours volume is Faked on a Daily Basis.
You want proof of this look at the recent list of coins Poloniex is delisting on May 2nd, almost all had 24hrs trading volumes over 100 Thousand Dollars.
Those Numbers were obviously Faked, to increase the price before the exchange dumped them, a key telling point is that these delisted coin's trading volume a month after the delisting will be lucky to see $100 per day much less 100s of thousands.

So Now CMK has sold out the Altcoin communities , to favor the coins hosting on the exchanges faking trading volume.

As I see it , our only choices , if CMK persists in this Blatant Manipulation & Falsifications of our actual values in favor of selected cheating exchanges.

We should all pull all advertisement from CMK,
and start a search for a Reliable Marketcap reporting site and begin promoting the honest site over CMK that is free of Poloniex's manipulations.

For those feeling a larger financial impact from these new false manipulations
May want to start an Collusion/Antitrust lawsuit against CMK & Poloniex, if anyone wants to spearhead that, this is the forum to announce it.

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:37:53 AM

There are plenty of other sites that track similar data. I'm in favor for moving away from the current exchange system actually. I've got my eye on a few projects like Bancor and CoinDash that I'm hoping take off and put a dent in issues like these (CoinDash will be completely self-contained, no need for CMK or other exchanges from what I understand, and Bancor isn't even counterparty).
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:12:00 AM

For years CMK,
had set Low Volume trading under $10 in 24hrs trading

This means no matter how much your coin was worth , if the 24 hour trading volume was below $10 ,
your coin was removed from the standard listing and placed 3 or 4 pages from the 1st page in a Low Volume Section, where you were least likely to be seen.

No one complained about this as it had been a set standard of CMK.

Then ~1 Month ago with absolutely no notice to the public ,
CMK, quietly switched it to anything under $100 per 24 hours moved to Low Volume decreasing their visibility.

Again , No one complained.

Now today less than ~ month from the last change
Low Volume trading is anything under $500 in 24 hrs trading

This gives a Direct Marketing Advantage to coins on Exchanges like Poloniex & Bitterex where the 24hours volume is Faked on a Daily Basis.
You want proof of this look at the recent list of coins Poloniex is delisting on May 2nd, almost all had 24hrs trading volumes over 100 Thousand Dollars.
Those Numbers were obviously Faked, to increase the price before the exchange dumped them, a key telling point is that these delisted coin's trading volume a month after the delisting will be lucky to see $100 per day much less 100s of thousands.

So Now CMK has sold out the Altcoin communities , to favor the coins hosting on the exchanges faking trading volume.

As I see it , our only choices , if CMK persists in this Blatant Manipulation & Falsifications of our actual values in favor of selected cheating exchanges.

We should all pull all advertisement from CMK,
and start a search for a Reliable Marketcap reporting site and begin promoting the honest site over CMK that is free of Poloniex's manipulations.

For those feeling a larger financial impact from these new false manipulations
May want to start an Collusion/Antitrust lawsuit against CMK & Poloniex, if anyone wants to spearhead that, this is the forum to announce it.

Cool

Honestly your review for me is eye opening. I know that sites are not really trustable when it comes to the price because i compared them and each in everyone of them has different prices and each time they are not synchronized in prices. Poloniex bittrex CMK and preev. These sites are whats popular to me and it's hard to see any of there similarities in terms of prices. But only poloniex and bittrex has had issues during the btc pump and i assume a lot were sold so they were doing some maintainance.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:09:58 AM

cmp is past its useful useby date, alternatives

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/
https://www.coingecko.com/en
https://coinranking.com/
https://cryptoprices.com/
http://www.coincap.io/