Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX1080ti's: Better Options?  (Read 13500 times)
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:18:32 AM

Just out of curiosity, what wallet are all of yall going with...? i went with JAXX Wallet after reading about so many 6 rig miners on it.. just not sure if its the best, since it has no built in way to exchange to USD... thinking of maybe switching before i get to much funds built into it.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:53:57 AM

OK, so tonight i tried out some other miners just playing around with different miners and i noticed using the later version of Claymores dual miner v9.4, after setting it up it would only run at 62-63Mh/s, but one thing i immediately noticed is the GPU runs way more efficient or something.., because instead of running at 95-97% of TDP on Nicehash, the GPU's were running between 59-62% of TDP. The reason i am not stating watts, because honestly i dont know the exact number under MSI Afterburner, Hardware Monitor, GPU-z i only get % of TDP as a measurement of power being consumed.

So going off the logic of my GPU's being 250watts TDP,

Nicehash is running around 470watts estimate for the $15.86/day today averaging at 45c
Claymores Dual Miner on ETH mining was running around 255watts estimate for an estimation of $10.72/day and waterloop dropped to 38c

So it seems the Claymore miner is running at about half power, but under MSI afterburner the GPU% is 99 on both cards.. little confused on this...

I also tried Awesome Miner, which was messaged to me as being better than Nicehash, i could not get that thing to function correctly at all, the miner windows would pop up and close constantly, kept restarting the miners... then when it would stay running the rates i was getting was half of Nicehash, dont think it was properly functioning for my GPU.. it kept giving me a "Minimal Memory Error" on most miners before they would crash...

Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:24:53 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 07:11:26 AM by Storx

Ok now it is clear. Its the sol/s with 2 cards.

Yes the miner sol/s may nit 100% same as NH website actual. It varies.

What are your temps on your GPU, this is the first time i have seen my water temps above 40c on my gaming rig, lastnight i left it on to mine the entire time i slept and its currently mining and my temps on my rig have stabled out at 41c with the house a/c set at 25c.

Also have you found any better mining routes for the GTX1080ti? like is their better coin to mine from your experience?

If you are earning $16 on Lyra2REv2 go with that - MY Skein numbers for yesterday was $14 for 2 1080TI's so you're earning $60 more a month on Lyra2 than Skein.

You can disable it from switching by going into settings then just uncheck the algo's you don't want it to run; in your case everything except Lyra2

Hey bud, could you throw me some info on how to mine for Skein, i would like to look into it and see how my actual setup deals with it.. after mining with nicehash for 12+ hours now with it set on the auto change settings, my 12+ hr profitability according to them has leveled out at $14.03/day, my profit levels dip to about half rate at random times i noticed throughout 12hrs of mining..

Also im curious if Skein could be added to the Nicehash program, in the setup instructions it mentions if the Recommended (Stable) list is unable to mine any coins, the miner will default to any custom list or custom list are able to be created for customized mining. If this is true, maybe the Skein can just be added to the rotation to be mined when profitable.. have to read more into this.

use zpool there is a thread around

here are 11 1080 ti's and 2 1070's

http://zpool.ca/?address=1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

I finally got Skein working lastnight... i was overthinking a lot of this.. i didnt realize i just had to open a notepad and insert the miner.bat info into the file and save it as a batch file...
I am not sure if i am running the most optimal Miner, i downloaded ccminer/8.08-KlausT and added the miner batch from another comment in here and started it.. its running and has been for about 30 mins.. the rates in the miner and the rates on the website are very different... going to leave the Skein on tonight just to test things out.. its saying on the website im getting 1868Mh/s with a rejection rate of 1.6%

If this is truly correct and im understanding the profit numbers with the 2% fee added in, im currently running at $29-30/day......seems way higher than Nicehash

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 09:48:13 AM

yep.... as long as DGB maintains... it should stay pretty consistent right now.

in my second link deep, it has the instructions on making a batch file manually (I think) but yeah... sometimes the simplest problems are the biggest speed bumps when starting off.

Id highly suggest the ccmineralexis78 build for mining skien... I got a 30% hashrate increase on my 1070's, and the 1080 got 15-20% I believe...  upgrading from ccminer 1.7.

A compiled version is available to download from the nemosminer megaupload link... same forum as this thread.  You can download the .exe file separate and save it where your current miner app and batch are.

I'll be making a huge update to my batch file soon;  combining all the features in all of my batch files into one.  You'll set it once via the command line, and it will remember your last used selection until the next time you launch the batch with a new config setting....  Plus more...

The website rates will fluctuate;  but when you look at the graph over time you can see the hashrate deltas out just about where its supposed to be....   the pool calculates your share% based on how many shares of what difficulty it submits.   If you get a string of high value shares;  your hashrate shows high, etc.... just varies with "luck" as its called.   If they based it off what the miner app reported;  people would submit low diff shares only at a reduced power rate, and code in whatever hashrate they want the pool to see....   the calculated by shares method is a very predictable and pretty accurate way to do it fairly.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:35:15 AM

guys don't use zpool is stealing your earning somethign like 20-30%, you are losing big profit there, use yiimp and do convertion yourself on bittrex, i know many liek the auto conversion, but it's not worth all these loss if you are lazy

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 10:56:32 AM

guys don't use zpool is stealing your earning somethign like 20-30%, you are losing big profit there, use yiimp and do convertion yourself on bittrex, i know many liek the auto conversion, but it's not worth all these loss if you are lazy

you keep saying this with no actual evidence past trying to base your assumptions off things you don't understand.... or as far as I can tell that you even care to even attempt at this point.

Talk to many users here that have tried using the pool under my recommendations.

They report more profitability.

stop the FUD, unless you have some real evidence that can prove your accusations (such as the offending pool code, etc).

My spot checks out within a margin of error.  Plus I watch the markets, and see many correlations when accounting for that and things like overall share percentage, exchange fees, etc etc etc.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:04:51 AM

I'm not sure what are you talking about. they seem like a decent mining pool.
sidog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

yeah, the NH miner is useful for the laymen, but not the best IMHO.

Basically, just grab the ccmineralexis78.exe file (as mentioned in my link), copy the batch file and paste it into a new .bat file with ccminer... and just update your BTC payout address and ID tag at the top of the batch.

I must be blind, but I can't find to life of me find the link to the alexxis78 build of ccminer. 
kapsel

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:40:53 AM

in my second link deep, it has the instructions on making a batch file manually (I think) but yeah... sometimes the simplest problems are the biggest speed bumps when starting off.

Id highly suggest the ccmineralexis78 build for mining skien... I got a 30% hashrate increase on my 1070's, and the 1080 got 15-20% I believe...  upgrading from ccminer 1.7.

A compiled version is available to download from the nemosminer megaupload link... same forum as this thread.  You can download the .exe file separate and save it where your current miner app and batch are.

I'll be making a huge update to my batch file soon;  combining all the features in all of my batch files into one.  You'll set it once via the command line, and it will remember your last used selection until the next time you launch the batch with a new config setting....  Plus more...

The website rates will fluctuate;  but when you look at the graph over time you can see the hashrate deltas out just about where its supposed to be....   the pool calculates your share% based on how many shares of what difficulty it submits.   If you get a string of high value shares;  your hashrate shows high, etc.... just varies with "luck" as its called.   If they based it off what the miner app reported;  people would submit low diff shares only at a reduced power rate, and code in whatever hashrate they want the pool to see....   the calculated by shares method is a very predictable and pretty accurate way to do it fairly.

Thanks for pointing towards alexis miner in nemosminer batch, it seems to work the best out of any ccminer I have tried so far. Currently doing about 330 mh/s with 60% power limit(95w at wall) on 1060 6GB, with no power saving i reach a peak of 385 mh/s at 145w from wall(system with 1 card)
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:52:51 PM

Anyway you could point me to the ccmineralexis78, im not really seeing it under the link you have..?

Im curious if there is a way to set it up to mine the most profitable one like it was on Nicehash miner does to include Skein... i really like that feature....

In regards to the numbers im seeing on Zpool on skein, im not sure if there is a delay in the reporting of how much im earning.. but based on the BTC it says i have earned so far and the time i have spent doing it.. the numbers just dont seem to add up compared to the Skein Profit Calculator even if i put slightly lower MH/s numbers the site is listing me at..

When i was running NiceHash, i averaged 0.00637982 BTC/day with it set on auto choice....
Since running the Skein on Zpool, i have mined roughly 0.00146808 BTC in roughly an 8 hour period, so going off that number so far im looking to only get to 0.00440424/day

I am going to let it continue to run on Skein for a few more hours while i go show a few houses this morning, Im a Real Estate Realtor... but its looking like the skein route isnt as profitable for me using the current ccminer im using on Skein, maybe the alexis78 version would be better and push me back up to the same numbers as nicehash...

VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:19:58 PM

Anyway you could point me to the ccmineralexis78, im not really seeing it under the link you have..?

Im curious if there is a way to set it up to mine the most profitable one like it was on Nicehash miner does to include Skein... i really like that feature....

In regards to the numbers im seeing on Zpool on skein, im not sure if there is a delay in the reporting of how much im earning.. but based on the BTC it says i have earned so far and the time i have spent doing it.. the numbers just dont seem to add up compared to the Skein Profit Calculator even if i put slightly lower MH/s numbers the site is listing me at..

When i was running NiceHash, i averaged 0.00637982 BTC/day with it set on auto choice....
Since running the Skein on Zpool, i have mined roughly 0.00146808 BTC in roughly an 8 hour period, so going off that number so far im looking to only get to 0.00440424/day

I am going to let it continue to run on Skein for a few more hours while i go show a few houses this morning, Im a Real Estate Realtor... but its looking like the skein route isnt as profitable for me using the current ccminer im using on Skein, maybe the alexis78 version would be better and push me back up to the same numbers as nicehash...

I keep daily logs - your numbers for skein is right on par with what my numbers are - for the past week. I will probably switch it out to something else see if I get better returns
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:11:43 PM

I keep daily logs - your numbers for skein is right on par with what my numbers are - for the past week. I will probably switch it out to something else see if I get better returns

Ya when i got home from showing houses to customers, i checked it and my 14hr progress was 0.00169487 BTC, which is very low.. noticed under my wallet that for about 4 hours my hashrate dropped to around 80-100Mh/s....I started back up on Nicehash tell i get ahold of other miners to check out, maybe the Alexis version is what i need... idk

VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:13:38 PM

Ya when i got home from showing houses to customers, i checked it and my 14hr progress was 0.00169487 BTC, which is very low.. noticed under my wallet that for about 4 hours my hashrate dropped to around 80-100Mh/s....I started back up on Nicehash tell i get ahold of other miners to check out, maybe the Alexis version is what i need... idk

I use the alexis78 version and my nubers are pretty much the same
cvsea

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:41:10 PM

So...using ccminer tpruvot 2.0 cuda 8.0 in which I placed ccminerAlexis78.exe. 1080 ti, getting a hair over 1000mh/s. (Should there be any issues here I'm not considering? Compatibility and so on?)

I point it to miningpoolhub, no autoexchange (i get the coins in poloniex and convert them there).
1st day ok, second day around 15% over what calculator says, 3rd day going down, 4th day even lower (about 10% lower than whattomine).

So is the fluctuation in coins produced/day that large? Is the diff changing that fast? Bad pool?
It seems I'm missing something here...
sidog

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:09:21 PM

After much digging around, I was able to find this link buried a few layers deep (or just confusing to trail) :

NemosMiner-v1.7.4-ZPOOL: https://mega.nz/#F!5vIGUCzC!nLsQtAwDRiV8MYA_P-q9yg
nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:06:16 PM

you keep saying this with no actual evidence past trying to base your assumptions off things you don't understand.... or as far as I can tell that you even care to even attempt at this point.

stop the FUD, unless you have some real evidence that can prove your accusations (such as the offending pool code, etc).
The reason people are saying that zpool steal 30% of your earnings is because they did - but they don't anymore.

I tried it myself with a Baikal Giant a few months ago and compared to other pools, I received about 20-30% less (can't remember the exact percentage right now) than any other pool. It's been talked about in their pool thread for some time and the first thread was closed because of it. They didn't even try to hide it because it was all very obvious when looking at the statistics of mined coins.

They have, however, changed that - at least last I checked, so they don't take that amount of percentage anymore and should be on par with other auto-exchange pools out there.

But yeah, the reason people are saying that zpool are "stealing" is because they were. But not anymore.
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:31:06 PM

So...using ccminer tpruvot 2.0 cuda 8.0 in which I placed ccminerAlexis78.exe. 1080 ti, getting a hair over 1000mh/s. (Should there be any issues here I'm not considering? Compatibility and so on?)

I point it to miningpoolhub, no autoexchange (i get the coins in poloniex and convert them there).
1st day ok, second day around 15% over what calculator says, 3rd day going down, 4th day even lower (about 10% lower than whattomine).

So is the fluctuation in coins produced/day that large? Is the diff changing that fast? Bad pool?
It seems I'm missing something here...

What is your actual wallet numbers? The reason i ask this is because according to the page of the mining pool i was using zpool.ca it was estimating im going to make like 28-30usd/day worth of BTC with my pair of GTX1080ti's... but the actual BTC i made in 14 hours mining was on par to only make $11/day... so the estimation vs actual earnings are WAY OFF>...... and i was bouncing between 900-1000Mh/s on each card... so 1800-2000Mh/s

also could you give your input on why you went the no autoexchange route? just trying to learn from all of this... Im currently using JAXX wallet with auto into BTC....

Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:39:42 PM

Well i just UP'd my game in the mining power.. i caught wind on another post of a ebay seller selling GTX1080ti's NEW for $598 w/free shipping, so i snagged up all 4 cards he had left for sale... which will bring my total up to 6 x GTX1080ti's coming up soon... I also bought 4 more waterblocks for them and some fittings.. going to see if i can support them all on my single watercooling setup i currently have...

I am not fully sure if i can even add all 6 to my current motherboard... It has 2 x PCIe x16, 1 PCIe x8, 3 PCIe 1x... if anything ill be able to add the 3rd card into the system tell i figure out what to do with the 3 others.. I do have my old computer in the garage with a 850 watt PSU that i could cram the other 3 into... i would just need to get card extenders for them and a larger psu for it..... right now im pulling 237watts estimate each card.. so 3 should put me in the 700ish range in my main rig....

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 02:45:21 AM

After much digging around, I was able to find this link buried a few layers deep (or just confusing to trail) :

That link can change over time as it has a few times before.   That's why I only reference to look for his thread, and it's right up top on his first post.

I will personally comment:   On zpool:  there are good days and bad days.  Just the same as any other pool.   But Ill repeat;  the good days outweigh the bad days.  If you were on the lyra2v2 port;  you would feel this issue 10x as more like I did before I swapped to skien.

The EXACT point when people started accusing zpool of stealing is when the altcoin market was reaching it's all time low and BTC was worth just a little over $200.  It's easy to blame the pool when you have a lack of knowledge.    Around this same time, the pool code was updated, and the graphs were now showing the rejects on the graph as well.  This freaked the living crap out of people because it wasn't relative to the coin's hashrate;  one reject on a very low hashrate algo (like cpu algos) would cause the whole graph to be superseded by the larger valued reject number (1-10% instead of the share of .01%, etc).   Through this time, people were pointing wild fingers, and probably blaming the pool for them being on a non-profitable algo.

Remember;  people create their own optimized miners and run them to get a better cut of the earnings:  more profit from your pocket.  when you finally catch up, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad.   This is another VERY key element to this madness.

Third:  PEople base shit off of SPECULATION posted on other sites that do contain a LARGE amount of POSSIBLE error since it is going across many platforms and algos that all contain their own errors and thus it can compound the error GREATLY.    This, with enough research and critical thinking can be seen and understood; on top of being logical.  I.E.  the people who have personally told me that whattomine reported less earnings than they actually received.

Now;  let's consider the troll factor:   Whales buy, and convince you to get on board enough for them to sell at a profit.    Who runs whattomine?
 Where were their profit stakes at those points in time?  Would it make sense to sway people away from what you want to do so you can buy in lower, then recommend it later to sell higher?Huh  this makes PERFECT and REASONABLE sense.

You guys have to look past what's in front of you and look deeper to what you don't fully understand.   You can't form a conclusion on your math for yesterday, just because your test of the next day came out different then the day before.... etc.   Remember;  I keep repeating:  The good days outweigh the bad.  It fluctuates.

I do remember seeing one test that bothered me;  which was someone mining a one coin algo, earning ~90-95% of the rewards, getting paid out in that specific coin, and getting paid less than originally was unconfirmed.....   But considering the pool gets paid in BTC....  some has to be exchanged to equal the pool's percentage...  which means selling at lower than market "sell" rates and fulfilling a lower buy order in order to payout the pool and the miner..... making a minimum sized sell order, etc.... it adds up.   That's one way I could have understood that happening.... but also;  the guy was not 100% of shares.... so his diagnostic was flawed, because he was basing his hypothesis on how the pool works on solely that concept (I should have gotten all the rewards, which is false).

Another thing I keep mentioning, and seeing, is when pool hashrate for an algo crests a certain amount;  profitability drops a bit and luck smooths out to being less noticeable just like when difficulty shoots up..  When the skien pool was 10-30Gh, I was making a killing.   Now that hashrate is ~10x that, It's less profit; and the coins are worth buttloads more (DGB anyone?).    This is a complete fact in my eyes.   I am almost thinking of getting a group of people on board for a test;  see if crackfoo will create a second skien wallet, on a separate port, and have ~10-20Gh of hash dedicated to that port only.   We can compare this to the high hash port and test my hypothesis.....   But I am still working out the details on this.  When I was making ~10-15% pool hashrate on the same gear I am running now;  (before calling you guys to come earn) I seriously made a killing compared to any other algo and profitability went over 0.007mbtc/mh/day.

Sorry for caps guys, but it's for emphasis and I don't feel like adding
Code:
[code]
all over the place..[/code]

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:09:34 AM

That link can change over time as it has a few times before.   That's why I only reference to look for his thread, and it's right up top on his first post.

I will personally comment:   On zpool:  there are good days and bad days.  Just the same as any other pool.   But Ill repeat;  the good days outweigh the bad days.  If you were on the lyra2v2 port;  you would feel this issue 10x as more like I did before I swapped to skien.

The EXACT point when people started accusing zpool of stealing is when the altcoin market was reaching it's all time low and BTC was worth just a little over $200.  It's easy to blame the pool when you have a lack of knowledge.    Around this same time, the pool code was updated, and the graphs were now showing the rejects on the graph as well.  This freaked the living crap out of people because it wasn't relative to the coin's hashrate;  one reject on a very low hashrate algo (like cpu algos) would cause the whole graph to be superseded by the larger valued reject number (1-10% instead of the share of .01%, etc).   Through this time, people were pointing wild fingers, and probably blaming the pool for them being on a non-profitable algo.

Remember;  people create their own optimized miners and run them to get a better cut of the earnings:  more profit from your pocket.  when you finally catch up, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad.   This is another VERY key element to this madness.

Third:  PEople base shit off of SPECULATION posted on other sites that do contain a LARGE amount of POSSIBLE error since it is going across many platforms and algos that all contain their own errors and thus it can compound the error GREATLY.    This, with enough research and critical thinking can be seen and understood; on top of being logical.  I.E.  the people who have personally told me that whattomine reported less earnings than they actually received.

Now;  let's consider the troll factor:   Whales buy, and convince you to get on board enough for them to sell at a profit.    Who runs whattomine?
 Where were their profit stakes at those points in time?  Would it make sense to sway people away from what you want to do so you can buy in lower, then recommend it later to sell higher?Huh  this makes PERFECT and REASONABLE sense.

You guys have to look past what's in front of you and look deeper to what you don't fully understand.   You can't form a conclusion on your math for yesterday, just because your test of the next day came out different then the day before.... etc.   Remember;  I keep repeating:  The good days outweigh the bad.  It fluctuates.

I do remember seeing one test that bothered me;  which was someone mining a one coin algo, earning ~90-95% of the rewards, getting paid out in that specific coin, and getting paid less than originally was unconfirmed.....   But considering the pool gets paid in BTC....  some has to be exchanged to equal the pool's percentage...  which means selling at lower than market "sell" rates and fulfilling a lower buy order in order to payout the pool and the miner..... making a minimum sized sell order, etc.... it adds up.   That's one way I could have understood that happening.... but also;  the guy was not 100% of shares.... so his diagnostic was flawed, because he was basing his hypothesis on how the pool works on solely that concept (I should have gotten all the rewards, which is false).

Another thing I keep mentioning, and seeing, is when pool hashrate for an algo crests a certain amount;  profitability drops a bit and luck smooths out to being less noticeable just like when difficulty shoots up..  When the skien pool was 10-30Gh, I was making a killing.   Now that hashrate is ~10x that, It's less profit; and the coins are worth buttloads more (DGB anyone?).    This is a complete fact in my eyes.   I am almost thinking of getting a group of people on board for a test;  see if crackfoo will create a second skien wallet, on a separate port, and have ~10-20Gh of hash dedicated to that port only.   We can compare this to the high hash port and test my hypothesis.....   But I am still working out the details on this.  When I was making ~10-15% pool hashrate on the same gear I am running now;  (before calling you guys to come earn) I seriously made a killing compared to any other algo and profitability went over 0.007mbtc/mh/day.

Sorry for caps guys, but it's for emphasis and I don't feel like adding
Code:
[code]
all over the place..[/code]

Thanks for explaining things, i am not downing Skein at all or Zpool.ca, i just have no clue why my earnings were so low.. im not sure if its the miner i tested, a setting needing changed, or just a connection issue.. just was very confused on the super low rates, so tell i get it figured out and test the other miner listed above im just defaulting back to the one that is running most stable and consistent for me at the time while im busy away from home working.. If Skein is truly more profitable, you bet your ass i want to get this figured out so i can jump on that mining train....

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: