Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX1080ti's: Better Options?  (Read 13505 times)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 03:13:05 AM

if you weren't on the alexis build, you were probably not earning as much as you could....  there's rumor of another build, but so far its just smoke and mirrors....   people are becoming more greedy when sharing with the community.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:36:24 AM

So...using ccminer tpruvot 2.0 cuda 8.0 in which I placed ccminerAlexis78.exe. 1080 ti, getting a hair over 1000mh/s. (Should there be any issues here I'm not considering? Compatibility and so on?)

I point it to miningpoolhub, no autoexchange (i get the coins in poloniex and convert them there).
1st day ok, second day around 15% over what calculator says, 3rd day going down, 4th day even lower (about 10% lower than whattomine).

So is the fluctuation in coins produced/day that large? Is the diff changing that fast? Bad pool?
It seems I'm missing something here...

What is your actual wallet numbers? The reason i ask this is because according to the page of the mining pool i was using zpool.ca it was estimating im going to make like 28-30usd/day worth of BTC with my pair of GTX1080ti's... but the actual BTC i made in 14 hours mining was on par to only make $11/day... so the estimation vs actual earnings are WAY OFF>...... and i was bouncing between 900-1000Mh/s on each card... so 1800-2000Mh/s

also could you give your input on why you went the no autoexchange route? just trying to learn from all of this... Im currently using JAXX wallet with auto into BTC....

I try to exchange the coins myself. If you hold on to them a little bit you can get more BTC for them. DGB price went up the past day from 1087 sats to 1460 and climbing. When I sell all the DGB  I made in one day now, I get more btc. Makes sense to go this route. You can even hold for longer if you think price will go up more.

The pool still shows lower numbers but within $1/day difference. You should be getting whatever whattomine says for your hashrate.
This is very close to what I'm getting: http://whattomine.com/coins/114-dgb-skein?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1000.0&p=250.0&fee=5&cost=0.0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:41:38 AM

if you weren't on the alexis build, you were probably not earning as much as you could....  there's rumor of another build, but so far its just smoke and mirrors....   people are becoming more greedy when sharing with the community.

Hey bud, could you help me a little in regards to the NemosMiner-v1.7.4-ZPOOL...

I followed the directions, added my BTC address, then "REM" all algo's to run 1 at a time to get the hashrates to place in the tuning line. I for the life of me cant get the miner to run by "REM" all except SKEIN, it just fails to start... the only way i can get SKEIN to work is by allowing atleast 2 algo's open to cycle through, but the miner switches between the 2.. i dont know how to get it to run ONLY skein....

If i cant only run skein, then i want to finish tuning the hashtag line, so it properly runs the most profitable one..., but for the life of me i cant get any algo to run except Lyra2v2 and Skein... all others fail when starting the miner.. so right now i managed to get it to stay on Skein, by setting the lyra one lower than it should be.. but i would like to get equihash and lyra algo's figured out on running them, because when i go to what to mine.. and plug in my hashing rates right now it is saying equihash is my most profitable algo to mine..

I dont know how to insert the code like you do, but basically this is how its setup

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:44:23 AM

So...using ccminer tpruvot 2.0 cuda 8.0 in which I placed ccminerAlexis78.exe. 1080 ti, getting a hair over 1000mh/s. (Should there be any issues here I'm not considering? Compatibility and so on?)

I point it to miningpoolhub, no autoexchange (i get the coins in poloniex and convert them there).
1st day ok, second day around 15% over what calculator says, 3rd day going down, 4th day even lower (about 10% lower than whattomine).

So is the fluctuation in coins produced/day that large? Is the diff changing that fast? Bad pool?

What is your actual wallet numbers? The reason i ask this is because according to the page of the mining pool i was using zpool.ca it was estimating im going to make like 28-30usd/day worth of BTC with my pair of GTX1080ti's... but the actual BTC i made in 14 hours mining was on par to only make $11/day... so the estimation vs actual earnings are WAY OFF>...... and i was bouncing between 900-1000Mh/s on each card... so 1800-2000Mh/s

also could you give your input on why you went the no autoexchange route? just trying to learn from all of this... Im currently using JAXX wallet with auto into BTC....

I try to exchange the coins myself. If you hold on to them a little bit you can get more BTC for them. DGB price went up the past day from 1087 sats to 1460 and climbing. When I sell all the DGB  I made in one day now, I get more btc. Makes sense to go this route. You can even hold for longer if you think price will go up more.

The pool still shows lower numbers but within $1/day difference. You should be getting whatever whattomine says for your hashrate.
This is very close to what I'm getting: http://whattomine.com/coins/114-dgb-skein?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1000.0&p=250.0&fee=5&cost=0.0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

When i go to Zpool.ca and look under benchmarks the number on there is always lower than what the miner reports inside the window (1980-2020Mh/s)... on zpool.ca under benchmarks, its showing 1898.63Mh/s for Skein

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:19:31 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 09:23:14 AM by QuintLeo

I use the alexis78 version and my nubers are pretty much the same

alexis78 for me in my short testing was giving noticeably more hashrate (I want to say 15% or so but I don't remember the exact numbers) on my 1080, and a little more on a couple of my 1070s, for Skein vs the trpv 2.0 fork of ccminer or the KlausT fork of ccminer (which later pair seemed to give identical performance on skein).

Definitely worth checking out for skein mining, though it can be a royal PAIN to locate a working copy if you don't have the tools on Windows to compile it from the github source code.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
cvsea

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:37:08 AM

I try to exchange the coins myself. If you hold on to them a little bit you can get more BTC for them. DGB price went up the past day from 1087 sats to 1460 and climbing. When I sell all the DGB  I made in one day now, I get more btc. Makes sense to go this route. You can even hold for longer if you think price will go up more.

When i go to Zpool.ca and look under benchmarks the number on there is always lower than what the miner reports inside the window (1980-2020Mh/s)... on zpool.ca under benchmarks, its showing 1898.63Mh/s for Skein

Pools calculate your hashrate based on submitted shares. The 24/48 hours earnings should match closely what you're supposed to get + there are more rejects with skein (about 5%) due to very short block time.

Got 518 DGB for yesterday with one 1080ti. That's about $19 as of now. I'm getting $20 with 4 x 480's. Strange times in the mining game  Cheesy

http://imgur.com/a/lP5AJ
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:38:07 AM

you need to use alexis version, it give you better hashrate, but there is an optimized version of alexis which i think can give you another additional boost, it's called enemy or something, i can't find it, compiled with cuda 8.0

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 09:39:33 AM

interesting topic ...

we are rebuilding our test machine - 5 x gigabyte aorus 1080ti extreme - for full production in the coming days ...

we have been waiting on these high end cards for a long time - have tested - and they are beasts in the mining division ...

this machine is the blueprint for the others that will follow ...

#crysx

What risers are you using for the Aorus beasts? Also curious what PSU you're going to go with, I'm in the process of reconfig. as well.

Link please? Smiley Thanks.

hi ...

- the risers are the higher end usb30 risers ...
- the psu are 2 x corsair ax1200i 80+ platinum ...

they will be replacing the gigabyte 980ti extreme cards we have been mining with ...

as for the link - what link were you referring to? ...

#crysx

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 01:15:47 PM

Hey bud, could you help me a little in regards to the NemosMiner-v1.7.4-ZPOOL...

I followed the directions, added my BTC address, then "REM" all algo's to run 1 at a time to get the hashrates to place in the tuning line. I for the life of me cant get the miner to run by "REM" all except SKEIN, it just fails to start... the only way i can get SKEIN to work is by allowing atleast 2 algo's open to cycle through, but the miner switches between the 2.. i dont know how to get it to run ONLY skein....

If i cant only run skein, then i want to finish tuning the hashtag line, so it properly runs the most profitable one..., but for the life of me i cant get any algo to run except Lyra2v2 and Skein... all others fail when starting the miner.. so right now i managed to get it to stay on Skein, by setting the lyra one lower than it should be.. but i would like to get equihash and lyra algo's figured out on running them, because when i go to what to mine.. and plug in my hashing rates right now it is saying equihash is my most profitable algo to mine..

I dont know how to insert the code like you do, but basically this is how its setup

post the copy of your modified batch this way next time....

use the
Code:
code posting feature
when you post it.  Much easier than a photo.

you didn't remove the algos from the password.  I see you have lyra2 and skien enabled....   but the pool thinks you have ALL the other algos enabled.

Should look like this for your config:
Code:
SET PASS=C=BTC,lyra2v2=68.34,skien=969.54,stats

The pool was probably trying to throw you on a disabled algo and leaving the stratum on your desired algos disconnected....

If you want to run one algo, I highly suggest just making a single batch per algo to test....

I.E.
skienonly.bat
Code:
:START
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,skien,stats
goto start

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:45:50 PM

Pools calculate your hashrate based on submitted shares. The 24/48 hours earnings should match closely what you're supposed to get + there are more rejects with skein (about 5%) due to very short block time.

Got 518 DGB for yesterday with one 1080ti. That's about $19 as of now. I'm getting $20 with 4 x 480's. Strange times in the mining game  Cheesy

I would love to chat with you more on how your managing this if you dont mind.. i ran skein lastnight for 614minutes before it crashed using the neominer software.. im assuming i have the batch file all messed up which confused it at one point and it crashed..

based off the 614 minutes my pair of 1080tis were up and running in the software, it says i earned 0.00373776 (roughly $22.70USD/day estimate) on zpool.ca over that period, and im not even sure if that is the true amount i could have earned, because throughout the night it switched to lyra2REv2 a few times and had interruption errors and cycled in that state for a while tell it would finally start mining again..

I just created a new batch file from the help i got earlier to just mine Skein only and not use the multi-algo batch file.. if the profits continue to be the same, i should make around $22/day vs $17/day i was getting with Nicehash

Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:57:43 PM

if you weren't on the alexis build, you were probably not earning as much as you could....  there's rumor of another build, but so far its just smoke and mirrors....   people are becoming more greedy when sharing with the community.

post the copy of your modified batch this way next time....

use the
Code:
code posting feature
when you post it.  Much easier than a photo.

you didn't remove the algos from the password.  I see you have lyra2 and skien enabled....   but the pool thinks you have ALL the other algos enabled.

Should look like this for your config:
Code:
SET PASS=C=BTC,lyra2v2=68.34,skien=969.54,stats

The pool was probably trying to throw you on a disabled algo and leaving the stratum on your desired algos disconnected....

If you want to run one algo, I highly suggest just making a single batch per algo to test....

I.E.
skienonly.bat
Code:
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,skien,stats
goto start

Thanks for the help man, i would like to figure out how to add a few of the coins in the NemosMiner and get them working correctly. I just tried to delete all coins i dont want to mine from the password area, it would not run at all.. i had only 4 coins listed, Equihash, Lyra2REv2, Skein, and Lbyr

I noticed that Equihash is not in the pass line with the hashrates at all...

I tried running the miner seperate with custom batch file and it started just fine, just the coin doesnt start in the nemosminer....
Code:
zminer.exe -a equihash -o stratum+tcp://equihash.mine.zpool.ca:2143 -u bitcoinwallet -p c=BTC,equihash,stats
goto start

Also, do you know how the algo determines when to switch coins based on profit? just want to understand more on how the batch file does this..

Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:44:44 PM

Hey what software is that your using to view your miner status?

cvsea

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:24:53 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 11:35:23 PM by cvsea

Just the pool stats for my worker. Nothing fancy  Cheesy

1. I use the same software as you
2. I don't do auto exchange. I send the coins to Poloniex. Why? DGB price went up a lot today (it may go down tomorrow Lips sealed). I hold the coins until I see a better chance at a profit and sell. Simple, you just have to be on top of it.
3. Event without chasing the price, as of now, you should be making this with 2 x 1080ti mining skein and sending to an exchange + converting once a day to BTC: http://whattomine.com/coins/114-dgb-skein?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=2000&p=250.0&fee=5.0&cost=0.0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Maybe less (there is a dump in progress as I'm typing  Cry )

That's about it  Cool

VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:39:33 PM

Just the pool stats for my worker. Nothing fancy  Cheesy

1. I use the same software as you
2. I don't do auto exchange. I send the coins to Poloniex. Why? DGB price went up a lot today (it may go down tomorrow Lips sealed). I hold the coins until I see a better chance at a profit and sell. Simple, you just have to be on top of it.
3. Event without chasing the price, as of now, you should be making this with 2 x 1080ti mining skein and sending to an exchange + converting once a day to BTC: http://whattomine.com/coins/114-dgb-skein?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=2000&p=250.0&fee=5.0&cost=0.0&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Maybe less (there is a dump in progress as I'm typing  Cry )

That's about it  Cool

what pool are you using? and using alexis78?
cvsea

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:46:18 PM

Miningpoolhub. I just downloaded nemosminer with alexis 78. Same result as my setup from before, will test for stability until morning.
You should clean up with all those ti's coming your way  Smiley

EDIT: replied to your pm btw
VyprBTC

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:04:32 AM

Miningpoolhub. I just downloaded nemosminer with alexis 78. Same result as my setup from before, will test for stability until morning.

Thanks for the PM I missed it. Settings look good I do same settings on clock and mem but my TDP is 75% not 100.

Have electrician installing the 30A next week so at least I can get a few more rigs online, then have to confirm with power company and city about a 200A upgrade. Then things will be a tiny bit better.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:09:05 AM

yeah he will I am doing very well at 11gh of hash on skein

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
VyprBTC

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:16:36 AM

yeah he will I am doing very well at 11gh of hash on skein

Phil your last 24hrs look amazing! You're averaging 0.005020135 mBTC/MH/s

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:29:50 AM

I have been mining DGB the past couple of days on my personal machine with a pair of GTX 1080 Ti GPUs. I've been using a different version of ccminer and was very pleased with it, but after seeing reports of others doing even better with alexis78's version I decided to try it out. Could someone be so kind as to post their batch file?  The .bat I was using with my other ccminer version does not seem to be compatible and my attempts at altering it have not worked thus far.  Thanks!
Storx (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:50:28 AM

I have been mining DGB the past couple of days on my personal machine with a pair of GTX 1080 Ti GPUs. I've been using a different version of ccminer and was very pleased with it, but after seeing reports of others doing even better with alexis78's version I decided to try it out. Could someone be so kind as to post their batch file?  The .bat I was using with my other ccminer version does not seem to be compatible and my attempts at altering it have not worked thus far.  Thanks!

This is mine...
Code:
ccminerAlexis78-8.08.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u Insert Bitcoin wallet -p c=BTC,skien,stats
goto start

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: