Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2018, 02:50:43 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to have cheap transactions now?  (Read 1922 times)
spngebob

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:15:32 PM

Due to the increased on-chain tx fees, typical fees has become 0.001-0.002 BTC.
It's best to avoid sending small payments as long they don't come with solution to this. From what i see people are complaining but they are still sending small payments and paying high fee's, i don't understand why because it is big waste of money.

However, poloniex is still able to provide 0.0001 fee withdrawals (which merge a lot of payments together, while having overall 400-500 sat/byte fee, resulting in 0-1 block delay confirmation)
If you think holding coins in poloniex or any other exchange will help you not to pay high fee than go for it. I hope you are aware of risk of losing bitcoins if something happen to exchange.

My question is, are they any other (centralized) how wallets where I can keep small amount for daily usage (payments in the range of a few mBTCs)?
No. But you can send transaction, pay low fee and speed it up for free using https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ or https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1946761.0

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
MSTCOIN.IO
Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platformm
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
nativehasher

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Due to the increased on-chain tx fees, typical fees has become 0.001-0.002 BTC.
It's best to avoid sending small payments as long they don't come with solution to this. From what i see people are complaining but they are still sending small payments and paying high fee's, i don't understand why because it is big waste of money.

However, poloniex is still able to provide 0.0001 fee withdrawals (which merge a lot of payments together, while having overall 400-500 sat/byte fee, resulting in 0-1 block delay confirmation)
If you think holding coins in poloniex or any other exchange will help you not to pay high fee than go for it. I hope you are aware of risk of losing bitcoins if something happen to exchange.

My question is, are they any other (centralized) how wallets where I can keep small amount for daily usage (payments in the range of a few mBTCs)?
No. But you can send transaction, pay low fee and speed it up for free using https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ or https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1946761.0

Yes, I totally understand the risks associated with holding on polo v/s a desktop wallet v/s a paper wallet and so on.

These acceleration services look good, but may potentially lead to compromised privacy. I might try them to sweep 3-4 1 mBTC dust utxo's I have lying around.

golang, node.js and C++ developer.
BTC: 1NativecFuCN68n1rmHabkXRZnwuxpoJ4f
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.