Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing to UK accounts - legal issues  (Read 1411 times)
Janinho (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:38:38 PM

Hi there,

I have a significant sum of BTC that I would like to withdraw to my UK Lloyds account. I understand my taxation duties, however, I have read horror stories about accounts being locked due to being connected to crypto exchanges.
Moreover, I would like to buy a property with my savings, which will include the money derived from the BTC withdrawal, which leaves me unclear with regards to money laundering regulations.

Questions:

- If I proceed with a large withdrawal from a crypto exchange to my Lloyds account, am I incurring the risk of my account being closed? Is there anything I can do to avoid this? I have never done active trading (I have only deposited once from my bank to a crypto exchange) - none the less, would opening a business account help?

- I also have an italian bank account. If I were to sell BTC for EUR on a crypto exchange, transfer them tomy Italian account and then transfer the amount from the italian bank to the UK one using a service such as Transferwise, am I still incurring the risk of my UK account being locked? Will I also expose myself to money laundering regulations?

- Again, about money laundering. As I said previously, I only bought once a small amount of BTC via Kraken some time ago, and by active trading with other cryptos I have now a significant balance..what step should I take to prove to those that will check where the money I intend to use for my purchase came from? Show all the endless list of transactions I made across several exchanges?

I find myself stuck in this limbo, any tip would be hugely appreciated. If you know of any UK financial advisers that could help, pleas link them to me. I contacted already a few, but they could not help.

Thanks

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsolicitor

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Lawyer in Kensington, London

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

Have you tried to speak with Lloyds and explain?

Hi there,

I have a significant sum of BTC that I would like to withdraw to my UK Lloyds account. I understand my taxation duties, however, I have read horror stories about accounts being locked due to being connected to crypto exchanges.
Moreover, I would like to buy a property with my savings, which will include the money derived from the BTC withdrawal, which leaves me unclear with regards to money laundering regulations.

Questions:

- If I proceed with a large withdrawal from a crypto exchange to my Lloyds account, am I incurring the risk of my account being closed? Is there anything I can do to avoid this? I have never done active trading (I have only deposited once from my bank to a crypto exchange) - none the less, would opening a business account help?

- I also have an italian bank account. If I were to sell BTC for EUR on a crypto exchange, transfer them tomy Italian account and then transfer the amount from the italian bank to the UK one using a service such as Transferwise, am I still incurring the risk of my UK account being locked? Will I also expose myself to money laundering regulations?

- Again, about money laundering. As I said previously, I only bought once a small amount of BTC via Kraken some time ago, and by active trading with other cryptos I have now a significant balance..what step should I take to prove to those that will check where the money I intend to use for my purchase came from? Show all the endless list of transactions I made across several exchanges?

I find myself stuck in this limbo, any tip would be hugely appreciated. If you know of any UK financial advisers that could help, pleas link them to me. I contacted already a few, but they could not help.

Thanks

MartinMonero

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:38:52 AM

The same here... did a lot of transactions and switching between coins and wallets over the last years! I got a nice amount of coins, but how can i get it to my bankaccounts without troubles and off course the most tax friendly way? Living in The Netherlands btw.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: