Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about my wallet. Didn't find the answer in FAQ  (Read 432 times)
BTCUSD17 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:38:01 PM

Hi. I recently restored my web based wallet using my secret frase. From my understanding a totaly new wallet was created with all my previous transactions restored to it. And new ID was assigned.
Today I received payment to an old address which was generated with previous ID. And in the email confirmation of the incoming payment to my wallet my old ID is shown. Is it normal?
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:54:43 AM

Which wallet are you talking about it? If you have upgraded from the old legacy wallet to the new HD wallet of Blockchain.info then I believe it's very normal, you will still have access to your old addresses otherwise, you may want to describe more what ID you are referring to here.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:05:46 PM

Which wallet are you talking about it? If you have upgraded from the old legacy wallet to the new HD wallet of Blockchain.info then I believe it's very normal, you will still have access to your old addresses otherwise, you may want to describe more what ID you are referring to here.
He does really mean about blockchain.info wallet and this thing do really happens on me on which my old blockchain wallet address have been used ever since but I can still able to receive funds from my sources even that wallet address doesn't display on my wallet which I do believe that it just normal because those new generated wallet address are just part on that address too which its a "sub-address".
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:20:27 AM

Its, because whole wallet with all adresses was stored, not a seed of a single address key. Wondering that the wallet is not showing all adresses. Maybe you could go into settings to make all covered addresses viewable.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:24:51 PM

I think blockchain is just like coinbase that autogenerated bitcoin address every day every week or every month this is happening to me but like the posted above there is stored of bitcoin addresses that i think you can found inside the blockchain ..
Check this blockchain article here and you can found other addresses stored in your blockchain wallet. .
https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/207746403-Addresses

Most of the bitcoin users and holders for now are using electrum wallet instead because online wallet is risky if you wanted to feel safe better to use electrum instead that you can export your private keys of wallet where you save your bitcoin and import it in other wallet like mycelium..
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:05:53 PM

Hi. I recently restored my web based wallet using my secret frase. From my understanding a totaly new wallet was created with all my previous transactions restored to it. And new ID was assigned.
Today I received payment to an old address which was generated with previous ID. And in the email confirmation of the incoming payment to my wallet my old ID is shown. Is it normal?
Thank you.

It is perfectly normal. Whenever you back up your funds, you have backed up all the old addresses, the private keys and everything all together which would be available to you when you use the seed. The only thing that changes is the new account to access them and every other thing remains the same including your funds. Even if you have a new address, and someone sends to your old address, you should know that it is already attached to your wallet and you will still receive your funds accordingly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: