Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIT.AC - has BIT.AC filed for bankrupcy?  (Read 2728 times)
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:14:10 PM

They have few latest tweets a week ago
All transactions will be live again by Monday, Aug 7th, 2017 (most likely by Friday night). We work hard to get the system back online.

But on August 7 they publish another tweet and postponed launch of their new site.
Maintenance undergoing. The last moments before the launch of our new website. Stay tuned!

It's been a week since that post and till now no any official statement from them, looks quite suspicious. The only multicoin that I will recommend others is jaxx because they give you full control over your coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:33:10 PM

They have few latest tweets a week ago
All transactions will be live again by Monday, Aug 7th, 2017 (most likely by Friday night). We work hard to get the system back online.

But on August 7 they publish another tweet and postponed launch of their new site.
Maintenance undergoing. The last moments before the launch of our new website. Stay tuned!

It's been a week since that post and till now no any official statement from them, looks quite suspicious. The only multicoin that I will recommend others is jaxx because they give you full control over your coins.
How to use jaxx and why you say that you have a fully control about your coins.. i heard that there is a bug about jaxx wallet and there are many people are complaining about jaxx issue not only for backup private keys there are other reason. that is why for me its not safe to use a multiwallet for me if you really want to be safe to hold a multicurrency better to use a ledger nano s because you can safely hold all of your altcoin including bitcoin..
TucoRamirez

Activity: 330
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:33:25 AM

has bit.ac been dissolved: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09986257

wtf happens to customer funds Huh  Huh
Cristi3

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:19:10 AM

I feel so stupid, because I had some coins there and I wanted to move them to paper wallets. I have not prioritized this and I wanted to do it now after the summer. Now I went back to it and bit.ac is gone......

If any exchange or wallet goes bankruptcy, all the funds which they are holding are taken as part of the legal procedure.

If they are just a scam, they just run away with everything, I wished we could have the names of who are behind is.

One way or another, I would never keep my coins (those to be hold long) in any online wallet. But as you can see I made the mistake of waiting but this can happen so fast. There will be more issues like this on a regular basis. Keep your coins with you!!!

I feel so frustrated for my mistake  Embarrassed, to make myself feel a bit better I tell to myself at least it was your own mistake, not the banksters taking my money.... A new world
lonelykid1984

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:24:24 PM

There's a noticeable fact: bit.ac share the same physical address with another famous multi-currency wallet--Coinomi, which claims to be open-source but you can't really find anything. be aware.
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:02:12 AM

There's a noticeable fact: bit.ac share the same physical address with another famous multi-currency wallet--Coinomi, which claims to be open-source but you can't really find anything. be aware.

Hmm. Interesting. Bit.ac closing down and accused of stealing lots of bitcoin from their customers and then Coinomi as you have claimed shared the same physical address with bit.ac sounds alarming. I'm not accusing Coinomi of stealing or something, but they need some explanation do to if this is indeed true as the OP has mentioned. I've been hearing a lot of members using and trying out Coinomi, so I advise to be cautious and be aware about this findings by the OP. Can you please share what is the physical address that you are referring to so that others can see it and judge for themselves?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀