Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LINX] Linx | POW(Scrypt) | *** Dec 18 Mandatory Wallet Update ***  (Read 84409 times)
sidathsaumya

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:12:23 AM

Just copying DEVs Important Notice for WEB WALLET USERS from Slack.

***Quote***

linx [2:38 PM]
Notice regarding the Linx Web Wallet : All Linx Web Wallet users with a positive balance were notified by email on the 20th September with instructions of how to receive their coins. Please check your spam folder if you think this may be relevant to you and you didn't receive it. If you have any questions drop us an email.

***Un-Quote***

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kassel

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:39:06 PM

Hi guys! Can i buy linx without exchanges? For example, using the mastercard
darksidejungle

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:06:34 PM

Hi guys! Can i buy linx without exchanges? For example, using the mastercard
Yes, but you will have to buy bitcoin first, or I can sell you some for $1 a pop!   Shocked
biPolarbear

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:44:54 AM

anyone know how to solo mine this with a L3+?
pawelsalsa45

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:13:26 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 04:29:25 PM by pawelsalsa45

Does anyone know a linx pool located in USA or Canada and not other continents? Currently Im mining at GCPool but it seems to me to be located in Europe and I would rather stick to pool located as close as possible. Thanks in advance.
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:17:12 PM

Seems to be some buzz building on this coin, with rumors of a masternode. Probably nothing, but I bought some on Cryptopia and we'll see how it goes.

qwerr02

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

I will buy few linx coin for future. This project is awesome.
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 11:41:30 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 01:36:23 AM by 9Bank

Roll Eyes Hi there. It's such a bad feeling getting burned on coins that seemed so promising. Then you go back and forth between doubting yourself and wondering how you could be so dumb. I guess the thing here is the web wallet specifically warned of holding "large amounts" of LINX but with the added apparent safety of Google Authenticator, one could fall victim over time with this coin. After using it, liking it, even admiring its colors and layout, and then showing it to many friends... At this point you add more coins to the wallet to see "friends" gasp as they see hundreds of dollars. Another one bites the dust?

((((UPDATE))))+NOW IN CONTACT THRU EMAIL - LOOKING UP (((2nd UPDATE)))+ONLY RECEIVED 1.3 LINX JUST NOW---W A I T I N G---FOR REMAINING ~ 3100)))

sidathsaumya

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:25:08 AM

Hey Guys,

For the people who still unaware, below are the things currently being worked by the Devs as they stated in Slack,

01. Linx Flagship Platform
02. First Retail Partnership with Linx Payment Integration
03. Source Code update
04. Redesigned QT Wallet
05. Updated Mining Pool
06. Updated Block Explorer

And if someone hasn't got slack access yet, please pm me your email, so that i can send you an invite or come to below community driven telegram channel and ask there.

https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@LINXCOIN

Thanks,

Sidath.

mylinx (OP)

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:18:16 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

OFFICIAL LINX MINING POOL

The Official Linx Mining Pool is back in business. Complete with full stats reporting (including estimated earnings) and user accounts. There's also an in-depth Getting Started guide which contains instructions on setting up Nicehash to mine at the pool for you. http://pool.mylinx.io (You may need to clear your browser cache if it's still showing you the old pool).

3 Ports to choose from, make sure you select the correct one :

3008 - CPU/GPU
3012 - ASIC
3333 - Nicehash

sidathsaumya

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:37:10 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 04:10:00 AM by sidathsaumya

Devs have clarified some community concerns in slack channel and here i am posting them for the convenience of the people who hasn't got access to slack.

*****Quote*****

Alpey:

nice graph but everything is relative :slightly_smiling_face:, they need to come out with some concrete plans, most importantly a roadmap is a common source of information all projects should have. Its been over 3 months since launch and a roadmap should be avaliable by now.

lets look at the facts: 1) we dont even know who is behind it, 2) no roadmap, 3) coin supply is increasing significantly, yet no news thus not much demand, so simple economics says price will go down, 4) Devs are working sure, but lack of updates causes concern among project participants. Some will say there was no ICO and sell your coins if you dont believe it, but that does not change the fact that what makes a good project be it for investment purposes of general pariticipation is a good source of information and at the moment all I read is just minor updates from a yet unknown dev

First and foremost I think a roadmap should be issued, its the basic expectation for any project.

John79:

Agree. I am a long term holder and not worried, but if the noobs or peeps without patience are dumping then the price will slowly go down and will be hard to recover. Just my 2 cents.
Ps: i'm buying at this prices Wink

sidathsaumya:

I am also a long term holder so not bothered about small price fluctuations.  But personally​ I agree with alpey.

With the current development of the project the price should be way up by now but lack of information is what lacks bringing new investers.

All the old investers are still holding, that's what has kept the price at this stage. But we need more new investers. For that we need little bit of information.

But as Dev stated previously they have different approach for this project. So but still it's up to devs. I believe they've got a business strategy and they have decided to go this road.

I have intended to hold my linx till at least till end of 2018 so I will have my patience till Christmas to see where project is heading before making any other decision and hopefully devs will come up with some great news.

cheesepizza:

Their main target is end users not investors, so I don't mind the lack of communication, either believe or don't, that said the more end users there will be the higher the price will go

sidathsaumya:

You've got a valid point there as well. We're not their target audience so can't complain much. And we shouldn't expect things to happen sudden either.

I know this is tough to many including my self, but all of we know where linx will be by coming months and these are difficult times where we should keep ourselves calm and be strong to see us out of this situation.

With my previous experience, my mind says, sell here will surely make me regret in the future. I always wanted to buy a coin this low hold till the end. And I  think linx will give me that opportunity.

So let's keep the faith on devs for now and give bit more time to deliver those mentioned flagship platform and 1st retail intergration. I am pretty sure we will be laughing at this stage   by then.

dantian:

ANN : The Official Linx Mining Pool is back in business. Complete with full stats reporting (including estimated earnings) and user accounts. There's also an in-depth "Getting Started" guide which contains instructions on setting up Nicehash to mine at the pool for you. http://pool.mylinx.io - You may need to clear your browser cache if it's still showing you the old pool.[/glow]

Linx:

@cheesepizza Thank you for your input. You are completely right. Those who don’t understand that millions of new users will naturally increase the price through supply & demand don’t understand the purpose of Linx.

@sidathsaumya As you know we are working on many areas of the project at the same time including the platform, our retail partnerships, the infrastructure & the source code. The purpose of this slack channel is to inform interested parties of new developments when they happen, not to give a running commentary. We will not be changing this approach. Some of the 3rd party partnership announcements cannot be announced until they are ready to announce as is their right.

@alpey There seems to be many areas of concern to you. You are correct - Linx is not an ICO. You have not purchased any Linx from us & we have received no funding from you. We are a privately funded project. Any coins you have purchased on an exchange will have been provided by miners who have spent their time & money mining Linx to build a supply. A Roadmap is a requirement of an ICO as people are investing directly into a project & have a right to know what they are getting for their issued token. We have told you our plans, not because we have to but because we wanted to share our vision with those who were interested. We are getting on with implementing those plans rather than talking about them. As in the reply to Sidath, this Slack channel was set up to announce new developments when they happen, and not for the purpose of providing a running commentary or constant reassurance that you’ve made a good choice of investment.

With regards to your fear over the supply, we are not even close to having enough supply to meet the needs of our partners, target market, new exchanges & 3rd party points of sale. There will only ever be 100 million Linx, with the maximum supply not being reached for several years. This is unlike many other coins and issued tokens which often have an initial supply of hundreds of millions or billions. By way of example, once the maximum amount has been mined, if only 1 million people (less than the customers of our retail partners alone) are using Linx, there would only be enough for 100 Linx each. Not even 10% of the maximum supply has been mined to date. If we had 1 million people using Linx right now, there would only be enough for 8 Linx for each person assuming all investors, miners, etc, sell all their Linx to the open market. I hope you understand now why an increased supply is not a negative for us.

We would love people to believe in our project, as we and our partners do, but we certainly do not expect it. There are many choices of mineable coins & issued tokens out there to choose from. Some will do great things & others won’t. We will not be changing our approach just to ease FUD for early investors. If we are not living up to your expectations please feel free to go ahead & sell your Linx.

@U68J9BLRX Thanks for your comments. We’ve addressed the supply concerns in the response to Alpey.

Anybody else who has concerns that we’ve not responded to directly please advise.

None of us have a crystal ball to know the uptake of crypto in the mainstream, but we do know our target market demographic is young & open to new ways of doing things. We're planning infrastructure for much more than 1 million users. We only used this number as an example to show the maths behind the limited supply.

*****Un-Quote*****

you can see a screenshot from the conversation from the following links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LINXcoin/comments/73yhas/linx_is_building_a_infrastructure_to_accommodate/
https://twitter.com/daytradernik/status/914950827873374208

Thanks,

Sidath.
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 03:51:06 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 07:22:34 PM by 9Bank

Huh Hey, let's talk about my refund... Seeing LINX valued over $600,000, it's uneasy reading this board. After all, my "refund" only comes to $300. So, like I'm saying, anyone would question the legitimacy of your "going concern". For example, here's the transaction number from your sending the tiniest amount of LINX yesterday: 979a3145e2495602f7ba97522798aedac3b0c99ad15f5152b3c5f853a00fdaa8 RECEIVED 1.31 October 2, 2017 -- We've chatted through email about this and you quite clearly promised to make good on these Web-wallet coins of mine; or are they actually, well, yours?

(((RECEIVED ALL TODAY)))+October/4/17
P.S... Humble and thank you

swagkiller69

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:02:17 PM

Devs have clarified some community concerns in slack channel and here i am posting them for the inconvenience of the people who hasn't got access to slack.

*****Quote*****

Alpey:

nice graph but everything is relative :slightly_smiling_face:, they need to come out with some concrete plans, most importantly a roadmap is a common source of information all projects should have. Its been over 3 months since launch and a roadmap should be avaliable by now.

lets look at the facts: 1) we dont even know who is behind it, 2) no roadmap, 3) coin supply is increasing significantly, yet no news thus not much demand, so simple economics says price will go down, 4) Devs are working sure, but lack of updates causes concern among project participants. Some will say there was no ICO and sell your coins if you dont believe it, but that does not change the fact that what makes a good project be it for investment purposes of general pariticipation is a good source of information and at the moment all I read is just minor updates from a yet unknown dev

First and foremost I think a roadmap should be issued, its the basic expectation for any project.

John79:

Agree. I am a long term holder and not worried, but if the noobs or peeps without patience are dumping then the price will slowly go down and will be hard to recover. Just my 2 cents.
Ps: i'm buying at this prices Wink

sidathsaumya:

I am also a long term holder so not bothered about small price fluctuations.  But personally​ I agree with alpey.

With the current development of the project the price should be way up by now but lack of information is what lacks bringing new investers.

All the old investers are still holding, that's what has kept the price at this stage. But we need more new investers. For that we need little bit of information.

But as Dev stated previously they have different approach for this project. So but still it's up to devs. I believe they've got a business strategy and they have decided to go this road.

I have intended to hold my linx till at least till end of 2018 so I will have my patience till Christmas to see where project is heading before making any other decision and hopefully devs will come up with some great news.

cheesepizza:

Their main target is end users not investors, so I don't mind the lack of communication, either believe or don't, that said the more end users there will be the higher the price will go

sidathsaumya:

You've got a valid point there as well. We're not their target audience so can't complain much. And we shouldn't expect things to happen sudden either.

I know this is tough to many including my self, but all of we know where linx will be by coming months and these are difficult times where we should keep ourselves calm and be strong to see us out of this situation.

With my previous experience, my mind says, sell here will surely make me regret in the future. I always wanted to buy a coin this low hold till the end. And I  think linx will give me that opportunity.

So let's keep the faith on devs for now and give bit more time to deliver those mentioned flagship platform and 1st retail intergration. I am pretty sure we will be laughing at this stage   by then.

dantian:

ANN : The Official Linx Mining Pool is back in business. Complete with full stats reporting (including estimated earnings) and user accounts. There's also an in-depth "Getting Started" guide which contains instructions on setting up Nicehash to mine at the pool for you. http://pool.mylinx.io - You may need to clear your browser cache if it's still showing you the old pool.[/glow]

Linx:

@cheesepizza Thank you for your input. You are completely right. Those who don’t understand that millions of new users will naturally increase the price through supply & demand don’t understand the purpose of Linx.

@sidathsaumya As you know we are working on many areas of the project at the same time including the platform, our retail partnerships, the infrastructure & the source code. The purpose of this slack channel is to inform interested parties of new developments when they happen, not to give a running commentary. We will not be changing this approach. Some of the 3rd party partnership announcements cannot be announced until they are ready to announce as is their right.

@alpey There seems to be many areas of concern to you. You are correct - Linx is not an ICO. You have not purchased any Linx from us & we have received no funding from you. We are a privately funded project. Any coins you have purchased on an exchange will have been provided by miners who have spent their time & money mining Linx to build a supply. A Roadmap is a requirement of an ICO as people are investing directly into a project & have a right to know what they are getting for their issued token. We have told you our plans, not because we have to but because we wanted to share our vision with those who were interested. We are getting on with implementing those plans rather than talking about them. As in the reply to Sidath, this Slack channel was set up to announce new developments when they happen, and not for the purpose of providing a running commentary or constant reassurance that you’ve made a good choice of investment.

With regards to your fear over the supply, we are not even close to having enough supply to meet the needs of our partners, target market, new exchanges & 3rd party points of sale. There will only ever be 100 million Linx, with the maximum supply not being reached for several years. This is unlike many other coins and issued tokens which often have an initial supply of hundreds of millions or billions. By way of example, once the maximum amount has been mined, if only 1 million people (less than the customers of our retail partners alone) are using Linx, there would only be enough for 100 Linx each. Not even 10% of the maximum supply has been mined to date. If we had 1 million people using Linx right now, there would only be enough for 8 Linx for each person assuming all investors, miners, etc, sell all their Linx to the open market. I hope you understand now why an increased supply is not a negative for us.

We would love people to believe in our project, as we and our partners do, but we certainly do not expect it. There are many choices of mineable coins & issued tokens out there to choose from. Some will do great things & others won’t. We will not be changing our approach just to ease FUD for early investors. If we are not living up to your expectations please feel free to go ahead & sell your Linx.

@U68J9BLRX Thanks for your comments. We’ve addressed the supply concerns in the response to Alpey.

Anybody else who has concerns that we’ve not responded to directly please advise.

None of us have a crystal ball to know the uptake of crypto in the mainstream, but we do know our target market demographic is young & open to new ways of doing things. We're planning infrastructure for much more than 1 million users. We only used this number as an example to show the maths behind the limited supply.

*****Un-Quote*****

you can see a screenshot from the conversation from the following links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LINXcoin/comments/73yhas/linx_is_building_a_infrastructure_to_accommodate/
https://twitter.com/daytradernik/status/914950827873374208

Thanks,

Sidath.

I'm glad the devs have made these clarifications and maybe this will put some peoples mind to rest, just bought up a big sell from cryptopia and I'm gonna be holding my linx for a while as I'm excited to see where this project goes!
mylinx (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 03:20:08 AM

Huh Hey, let's talk about my refund... Seeing LINX valued over $600,000, it's uneasy reading this board. After all, my "refund" only comes to $300. So, like I'm saying, anyone would question the legitimacy of your "going concern". For example, here's the transaction number from your sending the tiniest amount of LINX yesterday: 979a3145e2495602f7ba97522798aedac3b0c99ad15f5152b3c5f853a00fdaa8 RECEIVED 1.31 October 2, 2017 -- We've chatted through email about this and you quite clearly promised to make good on these Web-wallet coins of mine; or are they actually, well, yours?

Hi 9Bank,

It isn't a refund. These are your funds!

This tiny transfer is just a security precaution to ensure that the new wallet address you provided was correct and working before we transfer the rest of your balance over. We are simply doing all we can to protect your coins.

We haven't received a confirmation email from you that you received the 1.31 LINX, and we also sent you a reminder email earlier in case you had missed the first one.

We don't check this forum daily which is why we are dealing with everybody directly via email.

Please let us know via email that you received the test payment and the rest of your balance will be forwarded right away.

Cheers

pawelsalsa45

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:27:55 PM

Hi there. Yesterday I signed up to your official linx pool  but have never received confirmation email to activate account. I want to mine there but website says my account has been locked due to not activaited account . Could you please check what is going on , why activation emails dont come? Besides, you dont even have a contact option there, so whatever happens there is no way to contact an admin,  could you please add contact option to your pool? thank you
pawelsalsa45

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:16:40 PM

I was able to register my accout using different email address but it turns out that the pool is DEAD. Im using ASCI device stratum+tcp://pool.mylinx.io:3012  but my antminer says DEAD. How could it be possible if the general hasrate of the pool is around 9 ghs?  Why the pool doesnt accept my worker?
mylinx (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:25:26 AM

I was able to register my accout using different email address but it turns out that the pool is DEAD. Im using ASCI device stratum+tcp://pool.mylinx.io:3012  but my antminer says DEAD. How could it be possible if the general hasrate of the pool is around 9 ghs?  Why the pool doesnt accept my worker?

Did you set up your worker name?

It needs to be -u username.workername -p password

Where username is your username on the pool, workername is the worker name you set up in your account and password is the password for the worker (not your account).

In regards to your other comment about having no way to contact an admin, I'm sure you've seen already that when you are logged in there is a contact page.

If you have any other questions or still can't get it working let us know.

all2much

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:56:44 AM

mylinx, do you know how to solo mine Linx with a L3+?
kr1z1s

Activity: 199
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:39:15 AM

LinX p2pool source - https://github.com/kr1z1s/p2pool-linx

Join to p2pool
mylinx (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 03:43:21 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 12:37:26 PM by mylinx

mylinx, do you know how to solo mine Linx with a L3+?

Yes, it can be done by running a Linx node then setting up a stratum server but we wouldn't recommend it as your chances of finding a block are minimal at best because the network hashrate is so high. You'll just end up spending a fortune on electricity with little to no return.

Right now the Linx nethash is at 127 GH/s, an L3+ will give you about 504 MH/s. So your 504 MH/s will be competing against 127 GH/s to find a block.

You are much better pointing your L3+ at a pool right now. That hashrate at a pool should see a decent 24 hour return. See the image below from whattomine.com - this is using the rather pricey UK electricity tariff of around 15p, if electricity is cheaper where you are your profits will be larger.

If you want to try the Official Linx Mining Pool click here.

Hope that helps.

EDIT - Just saw kr1z1s post with the p2pool-linx software. That is the kind of software you will need to run if you want to solo mine with the L3+.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: