Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we are experiencing right now is the norm  (Read 1467 times)
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:43:07 AM

bitcoin price changes mostly because of events, for example we had halving last year as the biggest thing and this year the Japan news which keeps coming out.
the fact that similar events happened at similar times doesn't mean they will continue to do so.
for example we have the scaling debate still going on and it may come to a conclusion finally and with this UASF thing, price can go wild for a while. and that is going to be new.

Sometimes, changes in Bitcoin's price are due to no reason at all.
People expected the decision on ETF to have a big impact on the price. It didn't. The price just kept increasing although the ETF was rejected. Similarly, although there is no headway on the blocksize discussion, the price has still increased.

technically there is always a reason, the reason may simply be "more people selling than buying"!
and as i said it is always based on events. the rejection of ETF was a big event and it already had its effect the first time, and the second time nobody cared anymore!
and regarding blocksize debate we have already seen one big dip during the $1200 rally the first time.

although i should add that these things can never push bitcoin out of its general course which is rising in long term. they will always have short term effects.

to the moon with bitcoin...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:02:47 AM

bitcoin price changes mostly because of events, for example we had halving last year as the biggest thing and this year the Japan news which keeps coming out.
the fact that similar events happened at similar times doesn't mean they will continue to do so.
for example we have the scaling debate still going on and it may come to a conclusion finally and with this UASF thing, price can go wild for a while. and that is going to be new.

Correct, so the best thing to do now is just keep your bitcoin and hold it. Norm or not, the price or value of bitcoin is still unstable. It might be steady as of now but we'll never know it'll dump the next few days depending on the news or speculation of investors considering bitcoin as their investment.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:51:49 AM

If I see what you say is currently bitcoin prices are experiencing stability long enough. Not as usual, already for 1 week there is no significant price movement. maybe the month of July will be a good marker for bitcoin price increases, but is still limited to the assumptions and predictions. so anything can happen very quickly.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:03:24 PM

Correct, so the best thing to do now is just keep your bitcoin and hold it. Norm or not, the price or value of bitcoin is still unstable. It might be steady as of now but we'll never know it'll dump the next few days depending on the news or speculation of investors considering bitcoin as their investment.

News, especially big ones can move the price in both ways, but there is also things that happen under the radar and not many people knows about it. OP is not the only guy that noticed this price behavior, look at the halving before the last one, again big increase was in November, last year again late October.
Jun is here and summer began, we will see price movement in this and next month, I expect history to repeat again and price to go down a bit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:06:20 AM

There is nothing similar to the things happening in relevance to the seasonal change. With bitcoin everything happens depending on the demand to the supply market. These days the more and more investment as well users were getting into bitcoin usage. This increases the requirement, but due to the calculated availability the demand causes a price surge. In the past the price dump took place when the inflow was quite not stable due to the Chinese exchanges. Once Japan entered everything went good along with increasing price.

^^This

Bitcoin does not have seasonal price fluctuations. It may have behaved the way you are describing last year but it is not more likely to behave that way this year. Furthermore, the price is not remotely stable right now... it is flying all over the place like crazy every day. It is stable compared to last week but it is still a ridiculously unstable investment.
This is not entirely true for some time many have noticed that bitcoin has a tendency to go up before the end of the year around December, and to be honest I have never read a good explanation of why this may be the case, except that this is a pattern that we have seen happening a few times already, but I agree partially regarding the fact that bitcoin is really unstable but it does not seem like it is going to go down, to me it gives the impression the price is going to go up once again.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:30:42 PM

There is nothing similar to the things happening in relevance to the seasonal change. With bitcoin everything happens depending on the demand to the supply market. These days the more and more investment as well users were getting into bitcoin usage. This increases the requirement, but due to the calculated availability the demand causes a price surge. In the past the price dump took place when the inflow was quite not stable due to the Chinese exchanges. Once Japan entered everything went good along with increasing price.

^^This

Bitcoin does not have seasonal price fluctuations. It may have behaved the way you are describing last year but it is not more likely to behave that way this year. Furthermore, the price is not remotely stable right now... it is flying all over the place like crazy every day. It is stable compared to last week but it is still a ridiculously unstable investment.
This is not entirely true for some time many have noticed that bitcoin has a tendency to go up before the end of the year around December, and to be honest I have never read a good explanation of why this may be the case, except that this is a pattern that we have seen happening a few times already, but I agree partially regarding the fact that bitcoin is really unstable but it does not seem like it is going to go down, to me it gives the impression the price is going to go up once again.

Yeah I do believe and agree on those point that you've mentioned and I can confirm also with what I had observe from the last years actual situations, and that's happening again. The normal fluctuations is really visible with it's possibility of higher increase trend in the middle of the year, that's going to happen also this year. I think that's a common activities of people who mostly sells their holder for a purpose of spending money for a holiday seasons expenses. After that price will again have the strength to spike it's price to become higher again.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:57:47 PM

Last year there was that Bitfinex hack that caused the July price dump.
I don`t want to search for patterns in the bitcoin price charts.Anything can happen.
Some big platform might be hacked and the price might return back to 1000 USD or even lower.

This. Bitcoin is still very new and not as liquid as other asset markets. Bitfinex shouldn't have affected the bitcoin price, but it did because of the lack of liquidity and strong market makers. That means that any attempts to find patterns from previous trading will likely be useless.

Well you should expect a drop every time a major exchanged gets hacked. Stashes of dumped coins and loss of trust are major market movers.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:36:14 PM

Usually, at this time of year, we experience a quiet time (of summer). I was checking Bitcoin price charts and I have noticed that Bitcoin price calms down (nearly stable, just the normal fluctuations) before the end of may, and starts rising again in the mid of June, and dumps again in the mid of July, stays calm for a while, then start rising again at the beginning of September.

So I think buying Bitcoin at the best price would be either now or in July.

I don't think this year is very different as last year. Before the end of May, we experienced a crash although short lived only. Maybe investors just cashing it out for the summer, but I do believed they cash it for other reasons. I don't think there will be dumping in July, as Australia will be embracing bitcoin in July 1.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2972

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 11:59:26 PM

Usually, at this time of year, we experience a quiet time (of summer). I was checking Bitcoin price charts and I have noticed that Bitcoin price calms down (nearly stable, just the normal fluctuations) before the end of may, and starts rising again in the mid of June, and dumps again in the mid of July, stays calm for a while, then start rising again at the beginning of September.

So I think buying Bitcoin at the best price would be either now or in July.

I don't think this year is very different as last year. Before the end of May, we experienced a crash although short lived only. Maybe investors just cashing it out for the summer, but I do believed they cash it for other reasons. I don't think there will be dumping in July, as Australia will be embracing bitcoin in July 1.
For now i think its smell that the price can be crash down again.. because the price of bitcoin right now is the price like last month its really high.
Hoping that this time that the price won't crash down.. its really different movement of the price if we compare them last year..
we are seeing large price movement this year because of the block halving and we are seeing high movement of the price..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:40:38 AM

Right now price is really high and I don't think your prediction would not happen OP since bitcoin does not operate within a pattern maybe by July we will see another one which is probably a pump with price higher than what it is now, or a dump to a lower price and maybe we will see 1200$ again. If an exchange is hacked by July or August which is possible, then we would see 1000$ again or lower.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: